Gauntlet Concept

From
    The Cold Widwest

Custom Character Gauntlets

Sence Im unoficialy working on putting a custom mando together, I figured it would be cool to make an alternative guantlet design, so I made some templates a couple weeks ago, putting together a fairy simple design, when I spotted these while looking at tennis rackets at Wal-Mart. They're made by Franklin, and can be found by the pads,etc.in the WM sporting goods. The decal's can be removed, and they come in a variety of colors, including red, dark blue, and white. -

From
    Chicago, South Suburbs

Re: Gauntlet Concept

Jodo,

So you`re doing the Decipher version, the TEOD version, and a custom now?

Man.....I WISH I had that kind of time.

Progress pics?

From
    Pottsville PA

Eagleskull used what looks like the exact same pads I think

http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/showthread.php?t=19152

Not too terribly bad but I would suggest adding a lot more to them, greeblies, weapons, unknown gadgets, etc.

Do show progress pics of course.

-x

From
    The Cold Widwest

Well, when I get my TEOD jumpsuit and vest, it'll will do a double shift as my custom Mando's armor, and sence I have an entire spare set of armor, I figured I shouldn't let it go to waste. I doubt I'll have a helmet for this custom mando though here soon. The grey TEOD stuff will do though, because Im loosly basing it off this guy. -

http://images.wikia.com/starwars/ima...an_wedding.jpg

I helped at SDCC '08 The Clayster's Avatar
    From
    Laughlin, NV

Hey Jodo, I suggest not using those, and maybe getting some regular gauntlets, and modding those up to look closer to the picture.

From
    San Diego, Cali

Yep those are the same, but for the price good compared to geting 100 plus gauntlets. Remember you can always add on and still be under a 100 budget. I like them myself really. For my custome didnt want to go with the same gauntlets.

From
    The Cold Widwest

Ope, Eagleskull does have those same ones dosen't he? They look great on you by the way.

And Clay, I have some actual guantlets already, a pair of ruffkins to be exact, I just figured sence these where $4.99 I shouldn't pass them up. Besides, the wedding Mando's gauntlets are actualy preety plain looking, you can't see any tools,gadgets,etc. on them, aside from some slight detail on the left one.

I helped at SDCC '08 NovallTalon's Avatar
    From
    Yadkinville NC

Just paint them up and add some greeblies as others have stated. I think they will turn out great! It's always nice to see people turn a $5 item into something really sweet! Setra uses a pair of shin guards like this for his armor, and they match great.

That is a nice find, indeed! That could make for a very good base. Hmm. Yes. I like this. Thanks for the info.

From
    Kamino

Talk about a cool idea for a small price! Thats my kind of shopping.

I think I am going to wait around and see how Dessel and Zhanna's turn out before I rush out to get mine. They have some cool ideas if they turn out.

Thanks for the idea jodo!
    -Fordo
    Last edited by Alpha-77; Jul 9, 2007 at 6:19 PM.

Alpha-77 said: View Post
    I think I am going to wait around and see how Dessel and Zhanna's turn out before I rush out to get mine. They have some cool ideas if they turn out.
    Waiting to see how our gauntlets turn out first, bro?

Once again, thanks for the info. I hit Wal-Mart the day after I saw this and picked up a few different varieties. In no way would this work in place of true Death Watch gauntlets, but I personally like the idea of a simpler gauntlet that is intended for defensive materials. It also looks to be a nice base for modding up as illustrated by Zannah in her armor progress thread here in Dented Variants.

From
    The Cold Widwest

I think I'm about getting another set/a diffrent set of pads so I can use them as shin gaurds mabey, as they where originaly designed to be. I don't know if I should get the same design or not though....Im leaning toward a diffrent design for the shins....

jodo said: View Post
    I think I'm about getting another set/a diffrent set of pads so I can use them as shin gaurds mabey, as they where originaly designed to be. I don't know if I should get the same design or not though....Im leaning toward a diffrent design for the shins....
    I would recommend being consistent in the cut. Two different sizes, may be a good idea, though.

Here's the other style they had at my Wal-Mart in the adult and youth sizes. With a bit of modification, I could see using them as shinguards and gauntlets respectively.

It's hard to see here, but I think these have a bit more of an aggressive cut (regarding the plastic itself since the foam would be removed) than the model we've already seen.

All three of these models were $4 + tax. Not a bad deal at all for a base.