since i've gotten into boba costuming, several of my friends have come to me with requests to make them custom mando's. well, here's the journey that one rubies collectors jango helmet made from the crappy stock paint job, to a much betterer (imo) custom one. you'll have to forgive the pics, they were taken with my camera phone, so they kinda look like poop.
this is pretty much how the helmet looked when i got it out of the package. so far here all i've done is stretched it and taken the rangefinder off
sanded it down and masked the visor area for painting
the base coat of silver
here it is, almost finished in a new custom paint job.
there were a few steps in there that i didn't take pictures of, like the 2 hours i spent masking the damage spots before putting down a couple coats of white, or when it was all white, or when it was just white and black before pulling the masking off to reveal the damage. but anyway, let me know what you think of that. i may end up doing a couple more customs for some of my friends and might want to post pics of them too.