Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

First Mando

From
    San Diego

Re: First Mando

I use the same name EVERY WHERE, astromechs, mando mercs, mydellmini, rslinks, aspireoneuser, deviant art, etc.

From
    Chattanooga, TN

Nomad just joined up over at the Mercs too so you guys keep your eyes open for her!

From
    Glendale, Arizona

yeps, saw her earlier today over there.

From
    Chattanooga, TN

Ok guys here are a bunch of pics!

The first three are of my work shop/bench. The next two are my my loads of collected materials (the junk piles at work are treasure troves!). In the last pic on the top row you can see an old heater box that i'll bee using part of for a flame thrower and a potential lightsaber.#

The boxes are (in order) random greebles/lightsaber parts, armor/jetpack parts (that cone is the nozzel used for mid-air refueling of military planes!), gauntlet making materials, and blaster parts.

The first armor pic is my back armor: except for the collar which will need shaping they fit really well. The second is my ab and lower back plates stacked together to give you an idea of the "stacked" or "extra thick" look that most of my plates will have when I'm done.

The three pics of blue plates (no pun intended) are what were going to be (still might but I'm undecided) thigh plates. I cut then out of a trash can I had around, only to realize when i tried to clean them up with a razor knife and they snapped, that they are a different plastic than the white cans. I want my armor to be really durable (I plan to get "real" battle damage on them by playing paintball/airsoft in it) so I'm not sure I want something so brittle. They might be ok if i stack a white plate on top of them tough, we'll see.

So yeah that's where I'm at!

Oh and I'm going to be building a lightsaber for Levi to hang on his belt, so more one that (probably a whole new thread) soon!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails pa170055-jpg   pa170066-jpg   pa170067-jpg  

pa170068-jpg   pa170069-jpg   pa170070-jpg  

pa170061-jpg   pa170062-jpg   pa170063-jpg  

pa170065-jpg   pa210071-jpg   pa210072-jpg  

pa210073-jpg   pa210074-jpg   pa210075-jpg  

Last edited by SaberMaker; Oct 22, 2009 at 9:59 PM.

From
    If there is a bright center to the universe, i live in the place farthest from..

looks good

From
    If there is a bright center to the universe, i live in the place farthest from..

sweet! and feel free to call me Levi

From
    San Diego

looking like progress is good, keep it up.

From
    Chattanooga, TN

Here's a general idea of what my beskar will look like. The differences being I'll have a fin on top, a light on one side, and a short antenna on the other side of the helmet. Also my chest armor, my thigh plates, and probably my bicep plates will be double thickness, one slightly smaller plate glue onto a larger base plate thus providing a layered edge. My shin plates and shoulder bells on the other hand will have diamond-tread rubber matting glued on top to give my armor a rough "I can kick you butt" look. I'll be making my gaunts out of soccer shin guards, then highly modified.
    Attached Images Attached Images