Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Subscribe
  1. Jun 19, 2006, 9:09 PM - Femmando Requesting Assistance #1

Hi Guys!

I'm in the middle of making my own custom fem mando and so far everything is going REALLY well. Don't worry, when everything is set, I'll post pics!

But here's my problem...the paint job. I was originally inspired by the pic in the Insider magazine so I am sorta leaning towards a mostly red with dark grey and white highlights. But I've seen a lot of customs with red paint jobs. Also, I've seen one fem done in purple, which also looked cool but I'm not sure if its really right for me. My partner says if I'm going to do something so odd (ey?!) as a female mando, then I should go all the way and make it Hello Kitty pink....but I don't think I can do that to a mandalorian!

Does anyone have any suggestions for the color/paint job? I'm really scrounging for ideas right now.

Thanks for your help, in advance!
  2. I helped at SDCC '08 GCNgamer128's Avatar
    Jun 19, 2006, 9:15 PM - Re: Femmando Requesting Assistance #2

Mandalorians come in all colours!!!

Get out a box of crayons and colouring! Find one you like and make an attempt at it.
    Jun 19, 2006, 9:36 PM - Re: Femmando Requesting Assistance #3

Kiriel..

Welcome aboard. I say go with the colors you like, no matter what anybody else has to say or has done.

Its all personal preference...
  4. formerly joNich
    Jun 19, 2006, 9:39 PM - Re: Femmando Requesting Assistance #4

Use your imagination! Mandos come in all shapes, colors, and sizes!

I'd like to see somebody do this one though:
  5. I helped at SDCC '08 GCNgamer128's Avatar
    Jun 19, 2006, 10:11 PM - Re: Femmando Requesting Assistance #5

Quote JoNich said:
    Use your imagination! Mandos come in all shapes, colors, and sizes!

I'd like to see somebody do this one though:
    I was going to paint up another DP bucket and paint it in her scheme. I only don't know what the back looks like... eh.
    Jun 19, 2006, 10:53 PM - Re: Femmando Requesting Assistance #6

What GCNgamer128 said about setting down with a box of crayons and going at it is the best advice I have heard of. That is what my wife and I both have done with ours. Mine turned out red black and gray, my wife's turned out emerald green and black. She went through about six pages of test colors before she settled on this one.

Good luck. If you like the colors then don't worry about what everyone else thinks. It's a Custom Mando so there is no set requirments for what it should look like.
  7. Jun 19, 2006, 11:13 PM - Re: Femmando Requesting Assistance #7

Hmm, thanks guys, good advice. I've been playing with colors for a while now, paint jobs, that kind of thing. Just can't seem to find anything that looks 'right'.

Have to ask though....if someone did a Fem in pink, you all would probably just shake your heads, right? Its not really an appropriate color for a mando and not very respectable...is it?

Argh....so much to do and so stumped on this rather vital desicion. I want it to look good! <lol>
    Jun 20, 2006, 12:03 AM - Re: Femmando Requesting Assistance #8

i am gunna be attempting to make the girls armor in the picture for one of my ex-girlfriends. we are both roleplayers, and played galaxies together, i am making the guy armor for myself(tho im sure you all know that already!)

here is a drawing i did of the two!
  9. formerly joNich
    Jun 20, 2006, 12:07 AM - Re: Femmando Requesting Assistance #9

I know I've seen a pink mando somewhere in a photo gallery. She even had a skirt too.
    Jun 20, 2006, 4:52 AM - Re: Femmando Requesting Assistance #10

Yes there is a pink mando out there, can't remember her name though.
    As to colours and colour combo's anything goes really. Darker colours usually work best but there are no rules (well, there should be a rule against Mando's with polka dots!). Good luck and keep us informed as there needs to be more Fem Mandos, there are too few of us.
    Jun 20, 2006, 11:38 AM - Re: Femmando Requesting Assistance #11

Personally I think pink would be kick:moon especially for a mando because it screams out...Im a girl and im going to kick your :moon And hey look at Donut frin RVB (red vs Blue) hes got pink armor. I say if you think pink looks cool then do it!
    Jun 20, 2006, 11:59 AM - Re: Femmando Requesting Assistance #12

I chose to do pink and purple..
    and have gotten lots of compliments!

There are so many shades of pink you could use.. even grey would look pretty cool with it.

Good luck!
    Jun 20, 2006, 12:49 PM - Re: Femmando Requesting Assistance #13

I went through the same thing trying to decide! While I wouldn't recommend pink, perhaps like a megenta/maroon color would be a little more fitting. Here's what I cooked up:
  14. formerly joNich
    Jun 20, 2006, 3:20 PM - Re: Femmando Requesting Assistance #14

Hydra...you never cease to amaze me.

You're designing my next armor...
  15. Jun 20, 2006, 7:24 PM - Re: Femmando Requesting Assistance #15

Ok, cool, so you guys don't think pink's too dorky...yay! It is pretty much my fave color, along with scarlet and burgundy. Hmm...there's a thought....combine the colors.

Thanks Hydra, that looks cool! Definitly gives me an idea of what to do.

*runs off to play with photoshop and some crayons some more*
    Jun 20, 2006, 7:42 PM - Re: Femmando Requesting Assistance #16

Wow, Hydra, that is awesome!! Your style of Mando color schemes is very cool and original. I really like the gradient style of colors you use on the armor pieces.
    I second what JoNich said. I'd like my next armor to be Hydra-designed! Even though I don't even have my first armor painted yet.
    Jun 20, 2006, 8:38 PM - Re: Femmando Requesting Assistance #17

I believe you mean her:

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/jodoka...02.jpg&.src=ph

She`s a member here, its just that her names escapes me right now...

JK3
    Jun 20, 2006, 10:02 PM - Re: Femmando Requesting Assistance #18

Maroon works really good in my opinion. My color is actuall called Honduras Maroon.
  19. Jun 20, 2006, 10:16 PM - Re: Femmando Requesting Assistance #19

I THINK I may have decided on my color scheme....I think. <lol> Atm its all dark red, almost burgundy, with pale metallic pink and dark silver/grey highlights/patterning. Still hashing out the patterning etc but much closer to actually being able to paint than I was. Really do have to thank you guys for giving me some ideas! This is my first suit like this and I so want it to look good.
    Jun 20, 2006, 10:41 PM - Re: Femmando Requesting Assistance #20

Lots of luck on the project, keep us informed and try to add pics when you can of your progress.
  21. I helped at SDCC '08 GCNgamer128's Avatar
    Jun 22, 2006, 2:12 AM - Re: Femmando Requesting Assistance #21

Quote Hydra said:
    I went through the same thing trying to decide! While I wouldn't recommend pink, perhaps like a megenta/maroon color would be a little more fitting. Here's what I cooked up:
    Nice paint job! I really suck at photoshop, so forgive me for it being so blotchy

I hope to see your costume built! The photos look great, but can it walk in reality?
  22. Member Since
    Dec 2003
    Jun 22, 2006, 3:57 AM - Re: Femmando Requesting Assistance #22

Well I always Lurk Cuz I read and search before talking, and find most things out.. but since I am working on a.. oh.. boobie mold! , I think go with something you think a female mando would wear. Probably not pink.. but a neutral girl color..the Maroon, or grays, or even dark yellows. Or any"offocial" colors just make a female version. I would avoid pinks and too red or too girly colors.. unless its for like D*C or something where it might not matter what you wear..
    Jun 22, 2006, 5:47 AM - Re: Femmando Requesting Assistance #23

Quote Jodo Kast 3 said:
    I believe you mean her:

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/jodoka...02.jpg&.src=ph

She`s a member here, its just that her names escapes me right now...

JK3
    That's Barbie Fett.
  24. Jun 22, 2006, 1:17 PM - Re: Femmando Requesting Assistance #24

Quote Kiriel Elfchild said:
    Have to ask though....if someone did a Fem in pink, you all would probably just shake your heads, right? Its not really an appropriate color for a mando and not very respectable...is it?
    This is mine: http://leiacostuming.stormtrooperprincess.com/barbie/
  25. Jun 22, 2006, 7:52 PM - Re: Femmando Requesting Assistance #25

Ah! A puzzle has been solved for me! So YOU'RE the yellow fem fett! Very cool...have seen many pics by many different people of that outfit. Always thought it looked very cool.

Well, its pretty much been settled. I'm going to strike for a happy medium by most of the armor being deep red/burgundy with grey and some pale pink highlights and patterning. It will be fem and girly but still very strong looking at the same time...if that makes sense. <lol>

Now to hunt down the right paints to use...my gear is mostly fiberglass.