Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Female metal armor WIP.

I helped at SDCC '08 NovallTalon's Avatar
    From
    Yadkinville NC

Re: Female metal armor WIP.

Actually getting ready to work on a bucket for her that will fit a twi'lek. Thinking on using segmented armor to run down her lekku that attach to the helmet. Think of a snake's belly and how the scales sit.

Oddball Fett said: View Post
    I would love me some metal armour!

Would it be bulletproof?

LOL no, but it will be 18-20 guage forged steel (which means I hand dish it, then throw it in the forge for tempering). That'll make it knife, sword, and ax proof. =)

These sets won't be cheap though, probably ranging in at least $2-4k per set because of the man hours and detail I put into it. Depending on the set, I do all my own leather work to (bolo girths, holster rigs, battle belts/bandoleers).

I'm also highly selective on who I would sell to, because I don't think the need for money outweighs the need for someone who really respects the armor and will take care of it for years to come.

Rokeim, yes I will be going all metal with my final set of personal armor. Metal helmet and metal jet pack with some very very cool surprises inside for the mando fans out there.

From
    Yadkinville NC

From
    Three weeks in every direction

Novall, you are one of the few people on this board that never ceases to impress me. A truly skilled individual and worker who never runs out of great ideas.

From
    UK

NovallTalon said: View Post
    Actually getting ready to work on a bucket for her that will fit a twi'lek. Thinking on using segmented armor to run down her lekku that attach to the helmet. Think of a snake's belly and how the scales sit.
    That sounds a bit like that Twi'lek from that computer game (what's it called) who has one metal head-tail, except hers is supposed to be a cyborg implant. It would look pretty cool, but sounds like it could be a bit of a pain in the neck to pull off. A couple of ideas that popped into my head was one where the mando helmet effectively had two (rather large) slots in the back to accomodate the lekku. Another thought was to have a full helmet that covered the upper part of the lekku, so it would basically have two large 'bell'-shapes at the back, but that could have a high possibility of turning out lame.

But I think your idea sounds better.

LOL no, but it will be 18-20 guage forged steel (which means I hand dish it, then throw it in the forge for tempering). That'll make it knife, sword, and ax proof. =)
    Axe proof. Cool!

These sets won't be cheap though, probably ranging in at least $2-4k per set because of the man hours and detail I put into it. Depending on the set, I do all my own leather work to (bolo girths, holster rigs, battle belts/bandoleers).

I'm also highly selective on who I would sell to, because I don't think the need for money outweighs the need for someone who really respects the armor and will take care of it for years to come.

Rokeim, yes I will be going all metal with my final set of personal armor. Metal helmet and metal jet pack with some very very cool surprises inside for the mando fans out there.
    Personally, I don't know how you could top your current armour. As groovy as many other mando suits are, yours to me is the the most impressive. It just screams "Me BOSS!" whenever I see it. Something I think Mandalore himself would be happy to wear to battle.

So if you think that your new ideas can top that one, then I can't wait to see it. 8)

From
    Yadkinville NC

Thanks for the compliments guys. The girls really enjoyed wearing it, and I enjoyed dressing them. ;P

As to the surprises, I'm working on the control circuity in my spare time. Should be pretty sweet when it's all done up.

From
    Oklahoma

The costumes turned out great, Hydra is an amazing artist, and I think you brought her armor to life! Great stuff man.

From
    Yadkinville NC

These weren't based off Hydra's designs, however she is a Mercs member and was with us for DragonCon, and her designs are far better then what I could ever put on paper =). All my armor is made by my own design. The red suit was patterned after Rav Bralor/Vhonte Thervo from Tom Hodges' LFL artwork. Patterns for these sets took hours to hand draw and measure out, nothing done currently could give the shape and hug that was required.

I'm always working to raise my skill level at the forge and dishing stump. One of my next projects is working on custom blades and blasters (gotta crank up the lathe!).

From
    Oklahoma

These weren't based off Hydra's designs, however she is a Mercs member and was with us for DragonCon, and her designs are far better then what I could ever put on paper =). All my armor is made by my own design. The red suit was patterned after Rav Bralor/Vhonte Thervo from Tom Hodges' LFL artwork. Patterns for these sets took hours to hand draw and measure out, nothing done currently could give the shape and hug that was required.

I'm always working to raise my skill level at the forge and dishing stump. One of my next projects is working on custom blades and blasters (gotta crank up the lathe!).
    Sorry about that bruv, I just assumed since she is always creating these awesome costumes, killer job nonetheless!

G-Fett

From
    Chattanooga, TN

This is fricking awesome. Great ideas. Major props.

From
    Lincoln, Rhode Island

wow nicely done! Shes looks great!!

From
    Maui, Hawaii

Ahh.. I love reading WIP threads by novall - extremely humbling though they may be.

From
    West Virginia

I would literally kill to have some metal armor! I haven't the funds but if there is anyone you might want to disappear i will def do it for one of your custom suits!

From
    La Paz, Bolivia, Bolivia

So u ever get Pics of the Blade system done!!!???

From
    Yadkinville NC

Thanks for the comments all!

Adenn Dralshy'a said: View Post
    I would literally kill to have some metal armor! I haven't the funds but if there is anyone you might want to disappear i will def do it for one of your custom suits!
    Click HERE if you wanna learn how to build your own metal armor. =)

Fett_MD said: View Post
    So u ever get Pics of the Blade system done!!!???
    I have not had time to finish this out yet. My girlfriend's roommate is using it as part of her armor currently, so I have plenty of access to it...just not the time yet to finish that part out. =)