Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Female metal armor WIP.

I helped at SDCC '08 NovallTalon's Avatar
    From
    Yadkinville NC

Re: Female metal armor WIP.

Well, after some down time to finish off my own metal armor and tons of appearances for Mercs...I've gotten back on the horse with Col'ika's armor.

Here is some shots of her right gaunt next to my right gaunt. The shells are 2 layers of 26gu plate steel, so they are some tough mothers...no doubt. Strong enough to deflect any bombardment.

Gotta tweak some things and clean it up before I start adding the little extras and moving on to the working parts.

Looking good bro.Good to see the old custom there.I almost kept those.lololololol..J/K

From
    Yadkinville NC

wickedbeard said: View Post
    I almost kept those.lololololol..J/K
    LOL!! Dude that would have earned a house call.

From
    Yadkinville NC

Gauntlet update.

Right gaunt is about half way done. Just fleshing out the plans for putting together the spring mechanism for the vibroblades. Light duty blaster has been attached and 2 darts will be on the front of each gaunt.

From
    The Cold Widwest

For some reason I missed your topic! I think it looks realy realy wonderful, I can't wait to see more pics!!!

From
    Seoul, South Korea

Holy ****!! That armour build is a stonking piece of work. can't believe I've missed this until now. As for those gauntlets, they look like a masterpiece of metal work, in fact I can't really pick one thing that stands out, as it all is quality of the highest standard.
    Brilliant

From
    Phoenix, AZ

NovallTalon said: View Post
    Gauntlet update.

Right gaunt is about half way done. Just fleshing out the plans for putting together the spring mechanism for the vibroblades. Light duty blaster has been attached and 2 darts will be on the front of each gaunt.

****...is THAT where that peice goes....ahahhahaha...whoops! (gets back to steelworking)

From
    solihull,west midlands,UK

great armour so far especially the leatherwork
    how does the mechanism for the gauntlet blades work?

From
    St. Louis, Missouri

Sweeett!!! Great work!

From
    Yadkinville NC

I'll post the blade mechanism as I put it together. It's supposed to act like a vertical switch-blade. Uses a charged spring to fire forward and lock. Then pull back into place to lock it in the housing. Just got to make sure it's not to strong for her to pull back.

From
    Yadkinville NC

Been working on the blade spring housing and mechanism for the right gaunt. It's about half way done, but the pic shows you pretty much how it's gonna work.

On the top and bottom of the housing, a guide trench will be cut. The blades are one of a kind laser cut stainless with 2 thin shafts coming out either side of the tang (back of the blade) that fit up through the guide trenches. These will be threaded and a small metal button will be screwed on. By pulling the button back and pushing it over into a nook or U cut, you'll be able to cock the blades back. Flicking the button will result in the blades releasing and springing forward.

The spring is very strong, so I'm glad she's a very fit girl or she may have probs with it. The blade itself will be serrated but not sharp and slightly rounded on the point so not to get to many eyes from the guards.

I have an aluminum shaft that that will fit perfectly over the spring to direct it's energy. I only need to cut about a 3/16 of an inch gap on each side of it to allow the blade cocking shafts to slide back.

Feel free to use this on your own armor if you wish. This female set is a prototype for many fun "innovations" I'm designing for mando armor.

I helped at SDCC '08 Hagen_Nor'ak's Avatar
    From
    NorCal

So what type of spring are you using Noval? might try to copy it in a sintra based version.

Have a good one,
    Hagen

From
    Yadkinville NC

The springs are out of 2 Daisy pellet pistols. Basically they are the charging springs. Probably way to much force behind these for plastic to hold'em. I'd go with a weaker spring if you want to copy with sintra.

From
    Yadkinville NC

Right gaunt near completion. Just need to do some finish-off painting with the housing, hinge, and flash suppressor. Add some soft leather to the inside to keep it from cutting her arm, and install the high-intensity blinker circuitry for the blaster.

From
    Yadkinville NC

Armor vest is on her upper body cast with armor temporarily attached to see how it looks.

Not to bad so far IMHO! =)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails dsc00005-jpg  

From
    Sunny Sarlacc Pit, NE Florida

Nice boobage, Novall....
    Rob

From
    Yadkinville NC

I'm waiting for some better images to come out, but here are some shots of her in the full armor at DragonCon.

I helped at SDCC '08 MandalorFett's Avatar
    From
    California USA

Turned out great, nice work!

From
    Yadkinville NC

Thanks. Was ALOT of work. Between getting her set done, and the one for my girlfriend...I'm taking a very short armor vacation. =)

From
    Yadkinville NC

And a pic of the second set I was working on at the same time for my girlfriend. She's the Twi'lek, the other girl is Hydra. =)

I was sworn to secrecy on her armor, and unlike what I made for Colleen which was aluminum, this armor was all steel minus the gauntlets which were double layered aluminum.

I helped at SDCC '08 MandalorFett's Avatar
    From
    California USA

I'm impressed! Your work is really well done, you can see the attention to proportion, detail and creativity.

From
    Yadkinville NC

Thanks! I need to trim her gut plate up a little as it seems a touch to big. When you think that I basically didn't have either one of these girls on hand to constantly fit the armor to them...it fit perfectly. The steel chest plates were origionally dished by Jax, and I took and redid them in a few areas before planishing (smoothing the dents) them down nice and smooth.

For the collar armor, I took a normal Fett collar and lowered the forward dive of the metal to almost an inch at the point. This way she actually had more mobility in the front and neck. The shin and thigh armor are basically the same patterns I used on Colika's armor but lengthened since Xian is almost 4 inches taller.

She doesn't have a back plate yet, but the same pattern I used on Colika's will also fit her perfectly.

I am debating on making some female and male steel sets over the next few months for purchase. Basically depends on how much time I have between work, cons, and my own new set of armor.

From
    UK

Wow, that's cool! I like the idea of a Twi'lek Mando, it's something quite different. I remember Hydra (pretty sure it was Hydra) doing a bunch of custom designs, including a Twi'lek Mando - was that based on her design? Darn cool either way.

Have you guys thought of designing a Mando bucket that would somehow fit a Twi'lek? I think that would be a funky addition.

From
    UK

NovallTalon said: View Post
    I am debating on making some female and male steel sets over the next few months for purchase. Basically depends on how much time I have between work, cons, and my own new set of armor.

I would love me some metal armour!

Would it be bulletproof?

From
    Grand Forks, ND

ANOTHER set for yourself Novall ? Wowza.. going to still use the Mandalore helmet or are you going to try and do a metal helmet ?