Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

A Different Kind of Custom Mandalorian Board...

High Speed Low Drag Fett 4 Real's Avatar
    From
    USAF Utah

Re: A Different Kind of Custom Mandalorian Board...

Foreigners reading american english tend to get mixed up...I think you might be taking offense to his use of lied. And he's just confused by the use of words the way we use them here.

It sounds like a good idea to me I think I understand it to be a more quality controlled place like TDH where we strive for screen accuracy, you guys are striving for something that will look like it could have been used in the movie like http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/f34/m...ighlight=pilot for example?

From
    Novi Sad,Serbia

Fett 4 Real said: View Post
    Foreigners reading american english tend to get mixed up...I think you might be taking offense to his use of lied. And he's just confused by the use of words the way we use them here.

It sounds like a good idea to me I think I understand it to be a more quality controlled place like TDH where we strive for screen accuracy, you guys are striving for something that will look like it could have been used in the movie like http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/f34/m...ighlight=pilot for example?
    finaly someone who thought a bit and got a clue...im from serbia and english in my fift language...you try lerning 5 languages and not getting confused at serten stuff...and honestly i never ment to offend i just got mixmatched info due to my confusion,but if this is the case and the club just a tad bit more controling on the actual quality of the armors then it very much has my vote,but even tho it does then get my vote is has my little flaw and even tho i will most likely consider joining it i might end up not joining out of some personal reasons and opinions that i have...so if it just a case of confusion and misunderstanding i apologize to anyone who got offended as my only real intention was to get more information to help me better understand the whole thing

No worries guys. I figured there was likely some misunderstanding there and a bit of frustration on both sides. Glad we could get back on level ground and continue a conversation on good terms.

Fett 4 Real - I've seen that kit, and yes absolutely that's the quality we hope to get all our members to. Now I haven't looked closely at it if it would pass through our requirements...but I do really like it.

I think the requirements there seem perfectly reasonable. Costuming isn't about ease or comfort, it's about looking awesome!

Boba Fett probably couldn't put his own suit on, so why should we be able to?

STG! Considering you have one of the most outstanding kits I've seen in a while, it's an honor for you to drop by. Your CW Mando is simply smoothered in awesome sauce.

You've absolutely hit the nail on the head as to what we want. We don't do cheap and easy...or comfortable.

stormtrooperguy said: View Post
    I think the requirements there seem perfectly reasonable.
    I just squeed. It means a lot to hear that coming from you, Brian.

From
    USAF Utah

Ima check it out when i get home but me and Ponte have discussed something along these lines before

Please do, and if you have any questions feel free to PM me or whatever.

From
    USAF Utah

Completely forgot to mention this to Ponte and I forgot to check it out

From
    North Hollywood, California, United States

Probably one of the first threads I have read from top to bottom. Fun and intensely riveting Visited the site and read the requirements. Sounds good to me. I would have to slow down and read the requirements a bit more thoroughly, but honestly don't think my Suit is up to muster. I am a kind of outsider when it comes to screen accurate. Yes I do want to look the part, but more importantly for me, feel the part. Hence, my over-built ammo belts and harness'.

Good luck with your endeavor. I'm sure you will do well.

Thank you for the kind words. We appreciate all of you, even if you don't sign up. And if you have suggestions please pass them along. We know that as we grow things will change and need to be updated. We hope that as things progress to have the kind of success that other groups in the Mandalorian costuming community have had.

From
    USAF Utah

So can u sign up if ur just interested with no custom? Like I have my Boba but no start to a custom obviously. Unless I used the flight suit and vest for a custom....NM either way whats the story

From
    North Texas

yes you can sign up, even if you do not have a completed custom. I am finishing up my Jango and finishing up a custom at the same time. The main thing we are looking at is the desire to make really top notch kits.

oh and ....BooBooFett, I have seen pictures of your kit.........I think it could pass a peer review.

Like Mullreel said, you don't need a completed kit. We'll help you from start to finish. All you need is an honest desire to build and complete an exemplary kit that looks screen-ready and is accurate to visual reference.
    Last edited by Catal; Nov 9, 2010 at 4:47 PM.

From
    USAF Utah

Yeh, I agree Id rather not start anything with my views and opinions but certain things about ALOT of custom mandos bothers me greatly

That's why we're here. To make custom Mandalorians better as a whole, not just our membership. Our members are part of other organizations and hopefully will pass on what they learn with us, and have a spirit of wanting to share the love of the hobby and the joy of building something great. We all succeed by helping those who come after.

Just a few days left to sign up before this enrollment period ends. To those who have already signed up, we're about to get started. For those thinking about it, jump in. We hope that this first "class" will set the bar for all those that follow.

Oh, and also if you are a vendor who would be interested in selling on our site please PM Jay or myself so we can get you setup.

From
    Cloud City, OR, USA

Catal,

I find the concept, of your orgization, intresting. However I was wondering if I could sign up, to join the forum, even thought I don't have a set of armor yet?

Account Deactivated

Good idea electric_jay
    carry on.

You don't need a kit to join. We'll help you from start to finish. Sign up, introduce yourself, tell us what you want to build...we'll provide resources and support to get you there.

From
    Irvine, CA

I like your ideas. I think the standards are reasonable. The only thing that stuck out was this "A gap of no more than 1/2 inch should be present between collar and backplate."

That is not even true of Jango, so I would recommend loosening that requirement to more like 1"

From
    North Texas

I will bring that up for discussion. Thanks for looking over the standards and proofing them.....(and I mean that, it is hard to infer tone on a forum) As some one that is doing a Jango, I would hope a screen accurate Jango qualifies for the highest of standards.

I'd have to actually see what an 1" gap would look like versus a 1/2" gap. We are basing the 1/2" requirement on looking at production and promo shots. If an 1" does in fact look correct, we would of course ammend the requirement.

slave1pilot said: View Post
    Good idea electric_jay
    carry on.
    Thank you. We're trying.

From
    Irvine, CA

I've been studying the Jango costume for 7 years and have my own 501st approved Jango. I even gave the 501st costuming presentation on Jango at CV this year. This is not to brag or toot my own horn, I'm just saying I am very well educated on the costume. Trust me, the gap is at least 1".

For reference, the bottom of the screen cast Jango helmet earcap is 1 3/4" wide.
    Also, that shoulder seam - from topstitch to topstitch, that is 1/2" exactly.

Last edited by Foxbatkllr; Nov 18, 2010 at 2:16 PM.