Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
Subscribe
    Nov 2, 2010, 1:57 PM - A Different Kind of Custom Mandalorian Board... #1

http://www.headhuntersquad.com is a community is dedicated to building screen-quality Modern Era Custom Mandalorian costumes. We don't speak Mando'a here, nor do we role-play or troop. We're real big on visual reference and detail. The requirements for membership may seem very strict, and they are...we are of a certain mindset there, and if you disagree, that's fine. We're not out to compete with the Mercs or the 501st, we're a small demographic of serious costumers - happy in our niche.
    We're opening enrollment for 20 new members the first of Febuary, check it out.
    Last edited by electric_jay; Dec 12, 2010 at 10:47 PM.
  2. Member Since
    May 2010
    Nov 2, 2010, 2:15 PM - Re: A Different Kind of Custom Mandalorian Board... #2

well it sounded fun for about -15seconds....no offence
    Nov 2, 2010, 2:18 PM - Re: A Different Kind of Custom Mandalorian Board... #3

None taken. We aren't for everyone, and we're ok with that.
  4. Member Since
    May 2010
    Nov 2, 2010, 2:53 PM - Re: A Different Kind of Custom Mandalorian Board... #4

i guess thats true but considering all im not sure most of you will be ok at having a club that will forever count only 20 members and that will most likely never grow
    Nov 2, 2010, 3:05 PM - Re: A Different Kind of Custom Mandalorian Board... #5

Seasonal open enrollment. 20 members every three months...we want to keep it small.
  6. Member Since
    May 2010
    Nov 2, 2010, 4:03 PM - Re: A Different Kind of Custom Mandalorian Board... #6

what ever guys i wish ya the best of luck with it tho im not really convinced even 1% that this thing will survive a year AT BEST
    Nov 2, 2010, 4:07 PM - Re: A Different Kind of Custom Mandalorian Board... #7

Thank you for your well wishes, and your contribution to our thread. Likewise we wish you good luck in your pursuits.

To anyone who IS interested, we look forward to getting to know you and helping you bring your custom Mandalorian costume to life!
    Nov 2, 2010, 4:27 PM - Re: A Different Kind of Custom Mandalorian Board... #8

...and considering we've been around for four months already and have a nice core of 11 members...I give it a 3% chance. :-)
    Nov 2, 2010, 6:03 PM - Re: A Different Kind of Custom Mandalorian Board... #9

what's wrong with the mando mercs that you had to make your own super exclusive club? if it ain't broke...
    Nov 2, 2010, 6:08 PM - Re: A Different Kind of Custom Mandalorian Board... #10

Quote saint_nasty said: View Post
    what's wrong with the mando mercs that you had to make your own super exclusive club? if it ain't broke...
    That is not a productive area of discussion.
    Nov 2, 2010, 6:31 PM - Re: A Different Kind of Custom Mandalorian Board... #11

your argument makes no sense, so here's a picture of steven seagall playing with a panda.

Nov 2, 2010, 6:49 PM - Re: A Different Kind of Custom Mandalorian Board... #12

Thanks for trolling. Your concerns have been noted.

If anyone has anything productive to add....
    Nov 2, 2010, 7:59 PM - Re: A Different Kind of Custom Mandalorian Board... #13

you could have pm'd me to explain the situation if it's not something you want to discuss publicly. thanks to mullreel for doing that, i now understand what you're going for a bit better. i feel it's a valid question that many people that don't frequent the mercs board will have. i'm sorry for trolling you, but you did shut me down pretty hard.
    Nov 2, 2010, 8:07 PM - Re: A Different Kind of Custom Mandalorian Board... #14

Not my intention to shut anyone down. Apologies if it came off that way.
    Honestly, I was waiting for a PM from you since your first post...sorry.
    Nov 3, 2010, 1:49 AM - Re: A Different Kind of Custom Mandalorian Board... #15

We understand that there will be some head scratching and wondering, and hope that you will read through our requirements and mission statement to better understand us. If you do have questions feel free to PM myself, Jay, or Mullreel.

To clear up one thing, we aren't the 501st or the MMCC, we're something a bit different. We are about the costumes only. We're not a trooping organization, the 501st and the MMCC do that. We're another resource, somewhat like TDH just for custom Mandalorians. We hope that we can become another valuable part of the Mandalorian costuming community as a whole, and provide a new avenue for those seeking to join in our hobby.
    Nov 3, 2010, 7:10 AM - Re: A Different Kind of Custom Mandalorian Board... #16

Catal said it well. My vision is a place where guys can make thier good costumes great. Much like the TDH can take a guy who has a really good Boba, and then the critical eyes here on the forum point out the minor things that put a costume over the top. I never ceases to amaze me that some one can post a pic or a question here on TDH and the collective Boba and Jango knowledge can do some incredible things with it.

The Headhunter Squad wants to do the same for the custom world.

We don't want to step on toes, or hurt feelings (which we all know can happen) because we still want to be part of many of the organizations listed. I still plan on applying to 501st and MMCC and maybe RL in the future so I want those bridges to stay intact. I hope this is viewed as a positive resource.
  17. Member Since
    Nov 2009
    Nov 4, 2010, 3:25 AM - Re: A Different Kind of Custom Mandalorian Board... #17

Your Requirements are too strict, I mean you rarely see custom helmets, and well, Custom armor configurations, but lets think of it like this, some mandos need manueverbility so they are gonna bail on the knee pads,
    Nov 4, 2010, 8:16 AM - Re: A Different Kind of Custom Mandalorian Board... #18

Thanks for the input, Zuka. But that's not what we're about. We build costumes based on what was seen in the movies, comics, and cartoons. We don't add or subtract pieces. If you want to build a true "custom" that deviates from established visual reference, the Mercs is a great organization and the place for you.
    We simply adhere to established visual reference.
  19. Member Since
    May 2010
    Nov 4, 2010, 8:24 AM - Re: A Different Kind of Custom Mandalorian Board... #19

Quote electric_jay said: View Post
    Thanks for the input, Zuka. But that's not what we're about. We build costumes based on what was seen in the movies, comics, and cartoons. We don't add or subtract pieces. If you want to build a true "custom" that deviates from established visual reference, the Mercs is a great organization and the place for you.
    We simply adhere to established visual reference.

So basicaly you guys lied your pants off when you guys said:HEADHUNTER SQUAD is a community is dedicated to building screen-quality Modern Era Custom Mandalorian costumes.
    Nov 4, 2010, 9:18 AM - Re: A Different Kind of Custom Mandalorian Board... #20

Quote 72555 said: View Post
    So basicaly you guys lied your pants off when you guys said:HEADHUNTER SQUAD is a community is dedicated to building screen-quality Modern Era Custom Mandalorian costumes.
    This is the second time you've trolled this thread. Either be productive or please stop posting.
  21. Member Since
    May 2010
    Nov 4, 2010, 9:31 AM - Re: A Different Kind of Custom Mandalorian Board... #21

ok...sorry for posting the trueth to which you admit as that is not productive...dude stop thinking that every little thing that doesnt say that your doing a good thing is trolling as it is not!get an education in etics and at least some form of common sence...im done with this entire thread and club(not TDH)...so as far as it goes good bye from me...
    Nov 4, 2010, 11:15 AM - Re: A Different Kind of Custom Mandalorian Board... #22

Quote Zuka said: View Post
    Your Requirements are too strict, I mean you rarely see custom helmets, and well, Custom armor configurations, but lets think of it like this, some mandos need manueverbility so they are gonna bail on the knee pads,
    Yes, our requirements are strict. They are that way to keep with what we hope will be a higher level of quality. As Jay said though, we also want to keep within visual reference. Knees are part of that. In ever reference we looked at Mandalorians always have knees. Even Fenn Shysa in his padded flightsuit had them. And honestly, we're new. We will adjust as we go and grow.
    Nov 4, 2010, 11:21 AM - Re: A Different Kind of Custom Mandalorian Board... #23

Quote 72555 said: View Post
    I fail to understand your accusation that we've lied. We are not building Bobas, Jangos, Jodo Kasts, or any of the other established "face" characters. Our kits are custom, though as I stated previously, within visual reference. Just because we have stricter requirements for our kits doesn't mean they aren't custom.

On a different note, we have had a few new memebers sign up and are excited to have them. We hope that more will at least drop in and see what we're about.
  24. Member Since
    May 2010
    Nov 4, 2010, 12:20 PM - Re: A Different Kind of Custom Mandalorian Board... #24

Quote Catal said: View Post
    I fail to understand your accusation that we've lied. We are not building Bobas, Jangos, Jodo Kasts, or any of the other established "face" characters. Our kits are custom, though as I stated previously, within visual reference. Just because we have stricter requirements for our kits doesn't mean they aren't custom.

On a different note, we have had a few new memebers sign up and are excited to have them. We hope that more will at least drop in and see what we're about.
    oh...sorry i guess i thought that because you guys said "We build costumes based on what was seen in the movies, comics, and cartoons. We don't add or subtract pieces."that you ment you make costumes of established caracters from comicbooks,movies and cartoons and not actual custom mandalorians that are actual custom armors that are one off...listen guys get your stories straight and pm me on what the actual story is cause im getting way too much contradicting and mixed information here
    Nov 4, 2010, 12:46 PM - Re: A Different Kind of Custom Mandalorian Board... #25

You said exactly what we mean. Costumes "based on" what was seen in the movies, comics, and cartoons. Not exact replicas of those costumes.

I think that if you would take a step back and read through things, you'd find a much better understanding of what we're trying to accomplish. And again, if we're not for you you don't have to join.

I would appreciate it if those who are not interested would leave this thread for those who are. Thank you.