Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Subscribe
  1. Aug 8, 2009, 12:12 PM - Re: Danakin's Fenn Shysa #26

I finally got around to adding this costume to my website, including some new "studio"-style pics and more info on the build.

Aug 8, 2009, 12:41 PM - Re: Danakin's Fenn Shysa #27

Looking good there vod
    Feb 12, 2010, 11:22 AM - Re: Danakin's Fenn Shysa #28

I've been looking at your Fenn pics a lot and visited your site (and I highly admire your outstanding work)
    and I love your helmet it is perfect,infact your magnificent outfit inspired me to make my own suit of Shysa armor.
    about the emblem,its awesome,but your right,there is no emblem reference of Fenn,I seriously doubt he has one.
    The shoulder bells,good choice making them prepro-style,since it seems no one could ever decide about Fenns emblems.
    Again,I realy think highly of your work and hope to see more of your coming cosplays/costumes.
    Apr 11, 2010, 10:50 PM - Re: Danakin's Fenn Shysa #29

Question. How did you do the "eyes" on the helmet? Were they hand painted? Decals? I would eventually like to make a Shysa myself, and I have been trying to figure that bit out.
    Apr 11, 2010, 11:31 PM - Re: Danakin's Fenn Shysa #30

I know this is about the Fenn Shysa armor, but I'm completely at a loss for words on the awesome Anakin resemblance you're sporting! Awesome to see that you've put that image to use!
  6. Aug 20, 2010, 10:39 AM - Re: Danakin's Fenn Shysa #31

Wow, it's been forever and a day since I've checked in here. Thanks again everyone for the comments!

Quote Bri-Gon Jinn said: View Post
    Question. How did you do the "eyes" on the helmet? Were they hand painted? Decals? I would eventually like to make a Shysa myself, and I have been trying to figure that bit out.
    I know I'm WAY late in replying, but here's my answer anyway...

During my first attempt back in 2006/2007 I tried to use decals but it was very difficult to place them evenly on each side and make them symmetrical to each other. I screwed it up so badly, along with the original paint job, that I shelved the project for a couple years. I ended up masking them off and spraying them on the final helmet. Doing it that way allowed me to use precise measurements to insure that they were placed properly. It also feels much more "real" having them painted on the helmet as opposed to decals.

I've been having a blast wearing this costume here and there for the past year. One thing that I didn't have time to do before SDCC last year was a black wash to all the armor pieces, I was able to do that before last Halloween. There's a few more changes/upgrades I'll be making as time and (more importantly) money allow. Here's some more recent pictures of my costume from local events I've attended.

7. Member Since
    Apr 2010
    Aug 22, 2010, 12:16 AM - Re: Danakin's Fenn Shysa #32

That is amazing!Excellent craftsmanship,the whole outfit looks amazing but that helmet's detailing is incredible!Plus,it doesn't hurt to have a resemblance to Shysa lol!Awesome outfit!
  8. I helped at SDCC '08 The Clayster's Avatar
    Aug 22, 2010, 2:04 PM - Re: Danakin's Fenn Shysa #33

Dude, I know how hot it is here in the summer, and you wore that?
    You're crazy. Plain and simple, hahah.
  9. Aug 25, 2010, 4:11 PM - Re: Danakin's Fenn Shysa #34

Crazy like a fox...but in a good way.
  10. Aug 25, 2010, 8:48 PM - Re: Danakin's Fenn Shysa #35

Honestly, a Jedi costume (Anakin, in my case) is WAY hotter to wear than a Fett.

I don't deny being crazy, though.
  11. I helped at SDCC '08 The Clayster's Avatar
    Aug 26, 2010, 12:51 AM - Re: Danakin's Fenn Shysa #36

I've worn a Jedi costume at the 4th July parade a few years back, and I had to wear multiple pairs of socks for comfort. It felt like my feet were in an oven dude.
  12. formerly Sgt. Skirata Huntman's Avatar
    Aug 26, 2010, 8:19 AM - Re: Danakin's Fenn Shysa #37

beautifuil suit man. I bet you get called boba fett more than my Jango though
  13. Aug 26, 2010, 7:33 PM - Re: Danakin's Fenn Shysa #38

Oh dude, I totally do. Every single time. Doesn't bother me though, I'm actually glad that I can masquerade as Boba to the general public. Although I do plan on picking up a few extra pieces so I can swap them out and actually BE Boba sometime down the road.
  14. Member Since
    Feb 2009
    Sep 11, 2010, 4:16 PM - Re: Danakin's Fenn Shysa #39

Sweet! I still have the Star Wars issue where he made his debut sooooo long ago. Great job!
  15. Member Since
    Nov 2010
    Nov 6, 2010, 10:12 AM - Re: Danakin's Fenn Shysa #40

Great build! Shysa's such a pivotal but often overlooked character.
    Nov 12, 2010, 12:44 AM - Re: Danakin's Fenn Shysa #41

Nice job and excellent pics!