Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Custome mando Idea

I helped at SDCC '08 NovallTalon's Avatar
    From
    Yadkinville NC

Re: Custome mando Idea

Vaders_Pet said: View Post
    Nice work on the design there, i can't help but notice that it is very similar to my WIP thread of mine thats been going for months with a near identical colour scheme in it. I did put a fair amount of effort into something that i thought had not been done/done well before, and i guess i'm just kind of annoyed to see it before mine is even finished.

Aussie Bly going Mando'a
    I don't see how it should annoy you that someone is using colors similar to yours. The armor is clearly a completely different style then what your doing honestly, and it's not like it's uncommon for someone to use the same colors as someone else. I see quite a few people in black armor, and you don't see them getting annoyed because someone else has black armor.

Your armor is awesome, you've put a ton of work into it and is really shows...you should be proud. However, if she wants to use black and gold as her colors then there's no law against it, and I don't see a problem with it as I highly doubt she's using those colors because she saw you were using it. She's started out with alot of schemes, and asked members here what they thought and then refined it down based on the responses she received. Thats just a waste of emotional time to get annoyed over someone else's custom project. Now if she was doing the exact same thing, or it was pretty blatant that she stole your idea...yeah I'd probably be a little tweaked then.

-Edit Updated bad URL
    Last edited by Art Andrews; Sep 24, 2009 at 11:36 AM.

From
    Watford, England

I have found that there is only so many Paint ideas that everyone can come up with, and from time to time you do get a few that look kinda alike. But thats one of the design problems faced by all Mando outfits. You don't see any of the stromtroopers worrying about that face that most of them look alike..... But all the same no matter what your outfit looks like most of all its yours...... and more than that we are all MANDOS.....

Anyway Callista keep up the good work....

Originally Posted by Vaders_Pet View Post
    Nice work on the design there, i can't help but notice that it is very similar to my WIP thread of mine thats been going for months with a near identical colour scheme in it. I did put a fair amount of effort into something that i thought had not been done/done well before, and i guess i'm just kind of annoyed to see it before mine is even finished.

Aussie Bly going Mando'a
    What's to get stressed over? So it looks like similar colours, so what? She's not exactly going to look like you. You also don't have a manopoly on black and gold or a copywrite on the design. Every so often someone somewhere in the Custom Mando world is gonna come up with a similar colour combination and/or design to someone else, it happens and it's nothing to get upset about.
    Black is a popular choice, given the genre and Mandalorian fluff; but you don't see those of us with black armour getting upset every time someone comess along doing something similar.

-Edit Updated Bad URL
    Last edited by Art Andrews; Sep 24, 2009 at 11:36 AM.

From
    brisbane, australia

Not to escalate this thread, but i do believe the similarities stem from the border of colour around the plates. which i can see a great resemblence.

Just saying my oppinion. Please don't deactivate me

From
    Helhoughton, UK...real place!!

Im not trying to take peoples Ideas, this is still on paper and I have no plan in the future at the mo that it is going to be anything more than that....
    I did lots of colours and people thought that the gold nad black was the nicest. I promice that i didnt nick your idea, I was just trying out some ideas. I had been plaing sw battlefront 2 alot and tried out some lines and those kinds of designs at the black and gold what the one that came out best.
    If I did make this it wouldnt be for some itme...and I am in England...a long way away. If you are really upset then I will change it.. but i promice I didnt take your colour scheme...i just coluor and thats what came out.

Vaders_Pet said: View Post

Aussie Bly going Mando'a
    -Edit Updated Bad URL
    Last edited by Art Andrews; Sep 24, 2009 at 11:37 AM.

From
    Yadkinville NC

You don't need to change it, people just need to get over themselves. Your idea is great Callista, I think everyone here knows it wasn't a stolen idea...so there's no reason to even worry about it.

From
    brisbane, australia

NovallTalon said: View Post
    You don't need to change it, people just need to get over themselves. Your idea is great Callista, I think everyone here knows it wasn't a stolen idea...so there's no reason to even worry about it.
    Please, don't refer to Vader's-pet as needing to get over himself. He's the last person on earth to need to "get over himself". I do like the sketches Callista, So how bout we end this dispute here? Ok guys?

From
    Pottsville PA

Unicorn Princess said: View Post
    You can draw models like them! Just cheat like I did. I just swiped a blank figure sketch online and roughed in some details over it.
    Would you by chance have a Male version of this figure for sketching? I would appreciate it, thanks.

-x

From
    Yadkinville NC

cbstudios said: View Post
    Please, don't refer to Vader's-pet as needing to get over himself. He's the last person on earth to need to "get over himself". I do like the sketches Callista, So how bout we end this dispute here? Ok guys?
    Actually, I was refering to anyone fueling the fire...you named names.

Anyhow I agree, should never have been an issue to begin with.

From
    Chicago, South Suburbs

Well,

How about I end this right here and right now.

Carbonite Kid: Quit adding fuel to the fire.

Vaders Pet: Sure there are some similarities but nobody has copyrights on Custom Mandalorian colors. Relax and let it go.

Callista: Nice armor. Keep up the good work.

This is a hobby people, if we can`t all play nice, then accounts will be suspeneded. And we don`t want that done over a misunderstanding now do we?

Jodo Kast 3
    TDH Dented Variants Admin

From
    West Tennessee

eighteendelta said: View Post
    Would you by chance have a Male version of this figure for sketching? I would appreciate it, thanks.

-x
    Sorry, I don't have any other sketches like that. I only have the one because I found it easily online. However, I'll be happy to see what I can come up w/. I was thinking of designing a few of my own customs, so I've already sought out some male figures online. Unfortunately, nothing looks good so far. What I'll probably do is sketch out some nice blank figures myself in classic Fett poses.

From
    Pottsville PA

Well my fried gave me a site where you can build your own superhero characters online, I used the blank character to create these templates, if anyone likes them.

-x
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails female-model-jpg   male-model-jpg  

Jodo Kast 3 said: View Post
    Well,

Carbonite Kid: Quit adding fuel to the fire.

Jodo Kast 3
    TDH Dented Variants Admin
    PM sent

From

Wow these are really good....I wish I had knownwhat to search for...I hadnt even thought about superhero poses....good find!!

If your doing customs its probibly best to draw the amour on yourself...well I thought so anyway so if you want to alter the armour shape its easy to do.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails female-20model-jpg  

From

soniata said: View Post
    You've given me some great inspiration. Many thanks!

Thank you, if anyone wants to use the armour shapes for themselves go ahead, they are not refined..and i dont even know if they will work but if you want to try go for it!!

From
    Pottsville PA

I did 10% opacity on those so if you draw your armor on them then zerox them, the template doesn't show up. I prefer that personally, though some may not. Once I got an armor design I liked, I xeroxed a couple off and colored them in with different color schemes (prismacolor)to see if there were any I liked. You could do it right in photoshop if that's your preference as well. The search was inspired entirely by the post from Unicorn Princess by the way.

-x
    Last edited by eighteendelta; Apr 27, 2007 at 2:34 PM.