Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Subscribe
  1. Mar 20, 2007, 10:19 PM - Re: Custome mando Idea #26

Well since you are second guessing flesh options, here are a few fully clad concepts you can play w/ or borrow from. I had fun scribbling them out. Hopefully they will help inspire your own ideas.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Fettes2.jpg 
Views:	855 
Size:	62.0 KB 
ID:	16329  
    Mar 21, 2007, 4:47 AM - Re: Custome mando Idea #27

Quote Callista said: View Post
    I just wanna know what kinda gun/blaster I sholud be looking outfor...
    Something long, with a big scope oh and may be a small bi-pod mounted somewhere on the barrel.

i know what you mean about the cold weather around Norwich but seriously though, the flesh thing would be so cool (pardon the pun) if you could work it into the design.
    Mar 21, 2007, 7:12 AM - Re: Custome mando Idea #28

Quote Unicorn Princess said: View Post
    Well since you are second guessing flesh options, here are a few fully clad concepts you can play w/ or borrow from. I had fun scribbling them out. Hopefully they will help inspire your own ideas.
    I like those pictures, v nice...I should ahve kept on with my textiles from GCSE...then I could draw proper models like them!! The one on the left's rifle looks class!! the middle ones leg armour is good. I hadnt though about cod-armour before....I thought it might look a bit strange for females, but just changing the shape really makes it fit in alot more...

Im gunna have a waist 'cape' like in your fist image, again make is more female. But thanks for putting up those pictures...they are a real help!!

Zoe
  4. Mar 21, 2007, 3:59 PM - Re: Custome mando Idea #29

You can draw models like them! Just cheat like I did. I just swiped a blank figure sketch online and roughed in some details over it.

Name:	femalefigure.jpg 
Views:	3213 
Size:	26.7 KB 
ID:	16332  
    Mar 22, 2007, 4:58 PM - Re: Custome mando Idea #30

YEY :thumbup NOW I CAN HAVE GIRLY MODELS!!!
    Mar 24, 2007, 12:49 PM - Re: Custome mando Idea #31

More Ideas....more coluor Ideas though...sorry the scna havent come through very well.....my coluring was rather scruffy...is more to give an idea not that I ever do anything properly If you have any suggestions please offer them!! Itried to do a half and half of fully covered and more flesh...but I would like to see how a black and gold costume would look....

Name:	black.JPG 
Views:	758 
Size:	42.8 KB 
ID:	16394   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gold.JPG 
Views:	755 
Size:	51.6 KB 
ID:	16395   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	green2.JPG 
Views:	742 
Size:	47.4 KB 
ID:	16396  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pink2.JPG 
Views:	758 
Size:	48.4 KB 
ID:	16397  
    Mar 24, 2007, 1:07 PM - Re: Custome mando Idea #32

The Gold looks good, but I also like the 3rd pic, the Blue/black with green .... Its getting there........ keep up the great work....
    Mar 24, 2007, 1:17 PM - Re: Custome mando Idea #33

I say the Blue/Black/Green is the best. But no collar peice? Oh well its a custom, I don't mind.
    Mar 24, 2007, 1:48 PM - Re: Custome mando Idea #34

Quote Darasuum_Verd said: View Post
    I say the Blue/Black/Green is the best. But no collar peice? Oh well its a custom, I don't mind.

i never did do any designs with a collar piece...they annoy me so much....so I just left it out, Ididnt think anyone would notice....
    I like the amrour design/placement best in the black and gold...so I will try that with the green, blue and black colouring
  10. Mar 24, 2007, 2:51 PM - Re: Custome mando Idea #35

The black and gold design is really nice. All you need to do is make some of the gold parts 2-tone (mainly on the helmet) and you've got it. Do you intend for the gold to be metallic or more of a golden yellow?
    Mar 24, 2007, 3:56 PM - Re: Custome mando Idea #36

The black and gold design is really nice. All you need to do is make some of the gold parts 2-tone (mainly on the helmet) and you've got it. Do you intend for the gold to be metallic or more of a golden yellow?

I do like the black and yellow....Im prob gunna ask my fanclud what they think cos they will be the ones im trooping with.
    I was gunna do it metalic if I could use two different golds like the examples below though i might use a more bronzy gold rather then the very yellow gold...but then I could use gold with yellow/gold...I think I would have to do some paint matching as crayons dont really do metallics well.

Name:	GoldCoinFront.jpg 
Views:	734 
Size:	35.6 KB 
ID:	16414   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gold.jpg 
Views:	725 
Size:	29.7 KB 
ID:	16415  
    Mar 24, 2007, 6:32 PM - Re: Custome mando Idea #37

I definetly like the black and gold. Though if your a fan of the Seattle Seahawks, you should go with the blue and green one
  13. Mar 24, 2007, 6:41 PM - Re: Custome mando Idea #38

Your picks for gold colors should work well either way. As long as the yellow gold is only the accent color (and you seem to put it that way), you can't go wrong. Otherwise I think it could become a bit too gaudy. A bronzy gold could probably work either as an accent or as the main color w/out being too much. I think you are definitely on the right track. Keep the updates coming. By the way, stop me at any time if I am offering too much opinion.
    Mar 25, 2007, 8:34 AM - Re: Custome mando Idea #39

Your picks for gold colors should work well either way. As long as the yellow gold is only the accent color (and you seem to put it that way), you can't go wrong. Otherwise I think it could become a bit too gaudy. A bronzy gold could probably work either as an accent or as the main color w/out being too much. I think you are definitely on the right track. Keep the updates coming. By the way, stop me at any time if I am offering too much opinion.

I work off opinion...i can never decde things by my self so your help and opinion is welcome!! I will do some more colouring...see how things would work.
    Mar 25, 2007, 12:28 PM - Re: Custome mando Idea #40

Ok new gold idea

Name:	gold6.JPG 
Views:	694 
Size:	49.3 KB 
ID:	16458  
    Mar 25, 2007, 5:00 PM - Re: Custome mando Idea #41

i liked pic 3 by the way. Your scetch looks good for gold. I have seen a similar color style here before, i forget who did it and it turned out awsome!
  17. Mar 25, 2007, 5:12 PM - Re: Custome mando Idea #42

Looks good. I'd consider adding some leg armor just to bring your colors down more to the lower body. Also, you may want to throw in a few splashes of other colors to break it up a bit. That could just be small add-on details though.

Name:	Black&Gold1.jpg 
Views:	722 
Size:	66.2 KB 
ID:	16466  
    Mar 25, 2007, 5:21 PM - Re: Custome mando Idea #43

Looks good. I'd consider adding some leg armor just to bring your colors down more to the lower body. Also, you may want to throw in a few splashes of other colors to break it up a bit. That could just be small add-on details though.

oooooh I like I wanna do that!!! See your a great help!! You should do this for a job!!

Now big question...do I give up on boba for a while and concentrate on this for celebration europe...or make boba look soo much better by finishing my new fibreglass armour.. then see what time I have left???

Thnaks for your help though...been really great!!
  19. Mar 25, 2007, 6:04 PM - Re: Custome mando Idea #44

Now big question...do I give up on boba for a while and concentrate on this for celebration europe...or make boba look soo much better by finishing my new fibreglass armour.. then see what time I have left???

Thnaks for your help though...been really great!!
    Glad I could help. Tough decision, but either project sounds good to me. I will admit that I'd love to see this custom costume come together.
    Mar 25, 2007, 9:10 PM - Re: Custome mando Idea #45

O_O wow! That is awsome!
    Mar 25, 2007, 10:05 PM - Re: Custome mando Idea #46

To me, the gold version looks too "comic-style Batman". I really like that black, blue, and green version you did though. That one's sweet!
  22. I helped at SDCC '08 NovallTalon's Avatar
    Mar 26, 2007, 7:17 AM - Re: Custome mando Idea #47

I like Unicorn's black and gold, but agree that there needs to be some color breakup on it. Definitely an awesome scheme though.
    Mar 26, 2007, 7:42 AM - Re: Custome mando Idea #48

Quote Callista said: View Post

Now big question...do I give up on boba for a while and concentrate on this for celebration europe..
    Zoe, if you coul dpull this one off for CE then i would definately go for it. This costume would just look so cool.

BTW i love the heels idea (would you be able to walk around all day in those though?)

Gold, black and grey looks really nice as well.
    Have you seen Rose's thread on this ? http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/showthread.php?t=18079

just a few extra ideas for the fem-mando theme.
    Mar 26, 2007, 10:08 AM - Re: Custome mando Idea #49

Quote Ronin677 said: View Post
    Zoe, if you coul dpull this one off for CE then i would definately go for it. This costume would just look so cool.

BTW i love the heels idea (would you be able to walk around all day in those though?)

Gold, black and grey looks really nice as well.
    Have you seen Rose's thread on this ? http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/showthread.php?t=18079

just a few extra ideas for the fem-mando theme.

I would love to do both...but I am going through major cash flow probs at the mo as I practically have no job so it could end up that I cant do either If I can though I will try and do both.
    I have just got my new TK 409 vest for boba (all baught before I was told that there wes next to no job for me)
    Roses mando reminds me of a mando Stifler's Mom!!
    I dont think I would have high heels as then I would look like a giant!! mb some 1 or 2 inch heels...and prob tot stilettos though....too wibbly
    I am prob going to club ngiht this friday if I can get to marks, im going to ask peoples opinion there to see what they think.

Thanks for everyones inputs though it really helps....just need to decide on the colour scheme!!

Zoe
    Mar 26, 2007, 10:44 AM - Re: Custome mando Idea #50

Zoe

if i were you, i'd concentrate one just one of the Fett costumes and your custom mando would turn more heads than a Boba anyday. As for the budget issue, my orginal version was built on a shoe string by making the armour from an old wheelie bin and things like that. May be you could use bits of your existing costume for your custom ( i am sure that holster would look wicked on your fem mando).

i think 1 or 2" heels would do the trick high heels always remind of death traps

i don't think i can make the meeting on Friday night as i have to pick my daughter up from her mums - soz