Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Custome mando Idea

From
    Helhoughton, UK...real place!!

Custome mando Idea

Hi, Ive been thinking about doing a custom for about a month or so...but I think I aught to finish my boba first...but that doesnt mean I can do some drawings and get some ideas down...

I thought I would get away from the useual chest armour and fuse it and reduce the back armour. I really want a sniper rifle....so Im gunna have one and I think my right gaunt might have a retractable blade...I quite like that idea...also having on gauntlets some gas/poison/smokescreen relsea things on for close combat situations....anyway let me know what you think....

Zoe
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails custom-mando-back-jpg   custom-mando-jpg  

Vaders_Pet

Re: Custome mando Idea

Looking good so far, i really like how it looks something similar to what a very hardcore spec ops would fit themselves out in, not much armour means your either moving light, or your so good you dont need it. I guess with Mandos its the later. nice work, hopefully we will see some more of it soon.

From

These were just some coluor shemes I was playing around with...i ahve put a blank fett up here too so if you wanted to save it and have psp you can magic-wand it paste onto a new image as a new layer and so paint colours on and save then just start again without having alot of faffing....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails custom-mando1-jpg   custom-mando3-jpg   fett-jpg  

femalemando1-jpg  

From
    Watford, England

That looks good, it will be good to see the Armour after you have cut it out. Keep us posted....

good idea... but the mando ideals seem to be not there. I think you want to show more skin, cool. But what is the mando's type of job? not thinken heavy arms, not thinken sniper...

i don;t knwo what but somethin seems missen... well thats my 2 cents

From
    somewhere on an unknown battlefield...

Well, with so many people from different cultures, there's bound to be those that don't look comepletely Mando, or have armor that look completely Mando. I think it looks great, keep it up!

Though I do suggest long sleeves.

From

Im just playing with ideas at the mo....still drawing if you have any suggestions tho please say...im not sure how diverse mando culture would be....would the armour be higly prized among citizens or would have been likely that items would be sold off when times were hard or improvments and extras added on when new technolgies or new armour forming was invented...as fett did for his bounty hunting...

From

The advancements are a definite, but Mando are was highly prized. The most expensive sets being made of Mandalorian Iron.

Each armor was customized to each person's personality and like. Boba's was a customized verison of Jango's and Meerel's.

i'm pretty sure boba's is jaster armor.... at least i think.

From
    Chicago, South Suburbs

Callista,

I like your designs.

Please keep the updates coming. And don`t think by any means you have to design your outfit to conform or to fit one idea on how it should look.
    Thats what doing a custom is about, its your take on the outfit.

And if other members feel the need to tell you that your outfit should conform to their idea of a Mandalore, then they now have a problem with
    the Admin here...and oh yeah...thats me.

Please continue with the updates, I`d love to see what you come up with.

JK3
    Dented Variants Admin

I like the idea Zoe. I think the more "flesh" idea is good, it's nice to see a custom that is more than just a variant paint scheme.

Custom means just that...do what you want, if it makes sense to you, go with it. If you look at Aurra Sing, she's no Mando but still a bad hunter with plenty of feminine qualities

I like it and look forward to seeing more progress.

From

Oh right, Jaster, not Mereel. sorry

From
    Katy, TX

please post all the WIP pics you have when working on the chest piece

From

Im gunna hopefully be modling up some fett chest pieces first ending up with some fibreglass pieces.....I want to look good for celebration europe!! After I have totally finished my fett I will prob start on this....after I know how to fribreglass proply. i can use my old gauntlets as a starting point for them and then I can add bits on take them off etc...

From
    Watford, England

You will get there, with your outfit, and I hope to bump into you at celebration europe!! in London......

From

I know some people thought that the armour wasnt mando enough....so Ive drawn some more ideas....all have fixed chest plates as I think this would suit women better than loose plates.
    3a..I like this one the best really...3b and 9 are ideas based around this one.

let me know what you think....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails fem-mando-jpg   fem-mando2-jpg  

From
    Watford, England

3a looks good to me, then again it's your custom in the end of the day.. And no matter what anyone say's your going to be the one wearing your creation....

From
    West Tennessee

I think your armor is on the right track. The exposed skin does look odd on a Mando to me though. All you really need (besides the chest plates) to make it feminine is a form fitting jumpsuit and vest. You can even play w/ the vest design to imply more skin while still keeping a more armored appearance. That being said, I really do agree w/ Darth Valcar. You need to be happy w/ what you end up w/ after putting all the time and money into it, so make sure your final design is something YOU like. Don't worry what the rest of us think. By the way, I like your third color motif.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails femvest-jpg  

I definatly like 3a myself, but all are very awesome! Is the center diamond connecting the two chest pieces?

I love 3a, but 9 is kool to. But like they said, it's your choice!

From

I do want to make it so if I do make it people can tell its a mando....not just a sad girl wanting to dress up

Im gunna have to do alot more testing for it...i might see how 3 and 9 would work.

The diamond would kinda be connecting the chest pieces....I tyhink how it would work is that the chest plate would be one whole mould and it would be made to look like its holding it...

I would like to make the chest and back pieces so they are joined in some way as there would be no neck armour but I dont know wether that would make it all to rigid.

Thanks for your comments so far...it really helps!!!

From

Ive been watching primeval....and I like helen cutters jumpsuit...though these pictures dont really show it very well...thats something I would like to use maybe...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails primeval35-jpg   primeval7-jpg   primeval41-jpg  

From
    Norwich UK

Callista said: View Post
    I know some people thought that the armour wasnt mando enough....so Ive drawn some more ideas....all have fixed chest plates as I think this would suit women better than loose plates.
    3a..I like this one the best really...3b and 9 are ideas based around this one.

let me know what you think....
    i really like idea's 1 and 2. And the more flesh idea is definately the way to go.

I also like the idea of having all the front plates fused together. Especially if they were moulded to the female form. It would give it a tough battle ready look, yet still make it sexy (can i say that word )

anyways Zoe. I am sure it will turn out great, you have loads of brilliant ideas and i suggest that you just go with your gut instincts as to what will look right.

From

Ronin677 said: View Post
    i really like idea's 1 and 2. And the more flesh idea is definately the way to go.

I also like the idea of having all the front plates fused together. Especially if they were moulded to the female form. It would give it a tough battle ready look, yet still make it sexy (can i say that word )

anyways Zoe. I am sure it will turn out great, you have loads of brilliant ideas and i suggest that you just go with your gut instincts as to what will look right.
    Thanks Jon

I think whatever design I used the chest armour would be fused, just cos I hate it all clunking together and I think it would be more practical...

Im a bit worried about the more flesh though...could mean cold trooping ...especially round Norwich

Im working on a design for the whole thing im really not sure on what way to go though...as in type of mando....it would prob be more lightweight armour...but would that be more suited for a sniper, saboteur, light infantry type?? I just wanna know what kinda gun/blaster I sholud be looking outfor...