Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Subscribe
  1. Member Since
    May 2008
    May 6, 2008, 9:12 PM - Re: Custom Mando'ad Beskar'gam #26

Quote bh-7603 said: View Post
    i see General M.Bison from Street Fighter in there, but no mandos. is this from "a long time ago"?
    Those pictures are (mostly) from the "Knights of the Old Republic" comic book series. Takes place shortly after Exar Kun's war, just before the events of the KOTOR videogames.
    May 7, 2008, 11:45 AM - Re: Custom Mando'ad Beskar'gam #27

i found out not too long ago that the helmet Canderous Ordo wears when he is Mandalore in KOTOR 2 is apparently the same helmet as that of Mandalore the Ultimate's. obviously there are huge differences between the two of their buy'ce, sepecially since Mandalore the Ultimate's is not even a full helmet but just a mask (it is a really sweet mask though!). what i thought of was trying to bridge the gap between the two helmets.
    when Revan killed Mandalore the Ultimate, he hid his mask so that the mandalorian clans could not be united. around the end of KOTOR, Revan tells Canderous where he hid the mask and tells him to unite the clans.
    the next time we see canderous he is in fact Mandalore, but with a different helmet.
    Hodayc

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Canderousmandalorefull.jpg 
Views:	1553 
Size:	49.1 KB 
ID:	24510
    May 7, 2008, 9:10 PM - Re: Custom Mando'ad Beskar'gam #28

It is different, but that could be because candurous needs his armor as life support like vader, at least i think he does, maybe i can't remember right. anyways revan wore mandalore the ultimates mask too, so theres a good chance he modded it anyways. keep it up ner vod!
  4. May 8, 2008, 1:35 AM - Re: Custom Mando'ad Beskar'gam #29

As I remember it, Revan had his own mask. It had no t-visor, it was more of a slit visor, like that of a royal guard. Canderous had life support built into is armor because he never took it off.

As for the discrepancy between the mask, perhaps the mask we see for mand'alor is one of his armors or maybe a formal/ light armor. The mask retrived by Canderous could have been mand'alor's heavy /battle armor. Also theres the chance that Ordo did indeed retrofit the mask for his own purposes. Mand'alors mask could be there under all the changes. the visors are more or less the same shape.

Your armor is fantastic nervod. I cant wait to see how your helmet turns out. Keep up the good work.

oya manda!
    May 8, 2008, 11:10 AM - Re: Custom Mando'ad Beskar'gam #30

Ah, your probably right. Anyways It doesn't matter how you do it, Mandalores stopped using the mask of Te Kandosii Mand'alor anyways, plus its a custom, so do it how you like it.
  6. Member Since
    May 2008
    May 8, 2008, 7:26 PM - Re: Custom Mando'ad Beskar'gam #31

Nice! Never thought about it... but Canderous's whole suit does look reminiscent of the Ultimate's armour... nice. Modified wouldn't surprise me in the slightest - I think I read somewhere in Triple Zero that Kal Skirata's armour was that of his adopted father... things like that tend to be passed down the Mando line, constantly changed according to the needs of it's current owner. Always loved that mask though... thinking of making that visor shape on my custom mando, more of a standard style helmet though
    May 8, 2008, 7:46 PM - Re: Custom Mando'ad Beskar'gam #32

Do it! I want to see what you put out. I love to see what people are comming up with.
  8. Member Since
    May 2008
    May 8, 2008, 10:07 PM - Re: Custom Mando'ad Beskar'gam #33

Quote Vasili Zaitsev said: View Post
    Canderous had life support built into is armor because he never took it off.
    Yeah... or it could be so he could go in cold vacum with it. Were not the basilisk droids open? As in, the rider would be in vacum throughout much of the battle? I always thought so... would explain why the older Mandos (Such as the Neo Crusaders) had such all-encompassing armour... compared to the more modern type at least. Then again, Boba Fett's armour could withstand short stints in low pressure areas... so maybe life support is just prudent planning?
    May 8, 2008, 10:41 PM - Re: Custom Mando'ad Beskar'gam #34

does anyone know when mandalorians switched from neo-crusader style armour to the 'true mandalorian' style? i was thinking about it and i have shoulder bells that are 'true mando' but the my chest armour is a bit more similar to that of the 'neo', by that im refering to the 'V' look (the gold plates on mine and the whole chest piece of the 'neo's').

Name:	IMG_7254.JPG 
Views:	1430 
Size:	22.6 KB 
ID:	24537

Name:	705px-Mandalorian_Armors.jpg 
Views:	1448 
Size:	70.3 KB 
ID:	24535

Name:	IMG_7257.JPG 
Views:	1416 
Size:	32.5 KB 
ID:	24536
    im thinking that my finished armour could kinda be a transitional style that is an evolutionary step from 'neo' to 'true'. any ideas, thoughts, reference notes, or pics would be great!
    thanks,
    Hodayc
    May 8, 2008, 11:28 PM - Re: Custom Mando'ad Beskar'gam #35

I'm making a crusader helmet that is kind of similar.
    http://mercs.firespray.net/forum/index.php?topic=257.75
    May 9, 2008, 8:04 AM - Re: Custom Mando'ad Beskar'gam #36

thats a pretty sweet neo-crusader helmet thus far! itd be cool if you could keep me posted with pics!
    Hodayc
    May 9, 2008, 2:55 PM - Re: Custom Mando'ad Beskar'gam #37

i started making my template for my helmet today, i made it out of cardboard cuz its what i have lying around the house right now. its going to be plastic later on.

Name:	IMG_7262.JPG 
Views:	1402 
Size:	29.3 KB 
ID:	24539

Name:	IMG_7263.JPG 
Views:	1402 
Size:	42.0 KB 
ID:	24540

what do you think so far? ive come up with several visor designs, but this one is my personal fav.
    Hodayc
    May 9, 2008, 4:15 PM - Re: Custom Mando'ad Beskar'gam #38

Kandosii nervod, that would be sick.
    May 9, 2008, 6:38 PM - Re: Custom Mando'ad Beskar'gam #39

wow man its been way too long since i checked up on this thread! you are doing great man! i love the transisitional idea! very original...and it gives us mandos something to do for 4000 years LOL great so far man! i wanna see more pics of your helmet!
    May 10, 2008, 12:26 PM - Re: Custom Mando'ad Beskar'gam #40

i figured seeing as im getting a 'true' bucket (from Gypsyboy) soon instead of making my own helmet as well, i should just cut the front off the 'true' helmet, from ear to ear and everything just below the visor, then make my own face plate (with the above visor) and put that on. im also thinking about removing the 'true' rangefinder and putting on a smaller staionary antenna.

Name:	helmet1.JPG 
Views:	1384 
Size:	52.4 KB 
ID:	24556

any ideas?
    thanks,
    Hodayc
    Last edited by Kad'alor; May 10, 2008 at 12:38 PM.
    May 10, 2008, 1:08 PM - Re: Custom Mando'ad Beskar'gam #41

have you seen the death watch helmets?...with that visor id be tempted to make the shoter helmets that the death watch wear with that face plate...modded form the gypsyboy lid...would be a lot of extra work though
    May 10, 2008, 1:30 PM - Re: Custom Mando'ad Beskar'gam #42

the chin wouldnt stick as far down as it looks like it does in the pic, its just because its closer thats why it appears larger. the bottom of the chin will still be in the same spot as it is with the 'true' buckets. and the death watch split from the True Mandalorians, whereas my helmet is 'pre-true', so to speak. thanks for the input though!
    Hodayc
    May 10, 2008, 4:24 PM - Re: Custom Mando'ad Beskar'gam #43

You could make the cheek pockets more of a swooping shape then the original too. If you wanted to add some different depth to it.
    May 10, 2008, 4:42 PM - Re: Custom Mando'ad Beskar'gam #44

i angled the faceplate like that because i want the bottom edge to look similar to Canderous's, no cheek indents at all, the neos never had them and i feel that i dont need them for this bucket. im also debating if i should trim the bottom edge of the helmet to make it shorter, ill just have to wait and see how it fits when i get it.
    thanks,
    Hodayc
    May 10, 2008, 9:26 PM - Re: Custom Mando'ad Beskar'gam #45

Jaster Mereel created the super commando armor (jango style, boba is protector style) to replace neo-type suits. I'm sure that they had been modified throughout that time, but thats the only recorded time that they say a change took place. You know your armor looks alot like the Crusader MK III armor developed by black sun and Death Watch. In fact you schould look at this site http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Crusader_MK_III_armor . It looks like what you want to do.
    May 10, 2008, 10:42 PM - Re: Custom Mando'ad Beskar'gam #46

i was searching wookieepedia and stumbled onto a symbol and logo index!
    http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Galle...2C_and_symbols
    its great for adding 'patches' to armour
    Hodayc
    May 22, 2008, 10:03 AM - Re: Custom Mando'ad Beskar'gam #47

my 'true' helmet is in the mail! it wont be long before i post more pics, plus im thinking of getting some material from work today so i can work on my custom vambraces tonight!
    Hodayc
    May 28, 2008, 10:09 PM - Re: Custom Mando'ad Beskar'gam #48

hey, i got my helmet today!!! i havnt cut out the visor yet but i will tomorrow or this weekend. depends when i go golfing, lol. anyway, here it is....
    P.S. its a Gypsyboy

Name:	IMG_7295.JPG 
Views:	1269 
Size:	22.5 KB 
ID:	24841

Name:	IMG_7296.JPG 
Views:	1261 
Size:	23.2 KB 
ID:	24842

Name:	IMG_7298.JPG 
Views:	1257 
Size:	22.6 KB 
ID:	24843

Name:	IMG_7299.JPG 
Views:	1250 
Size:	21.3 KB 
ID:	24844
    Hodayc
  24. BGHunter is offline BGHunter
    May 29, 2008, 9:02 AM - Re: Custom Mando'ad Beskar'gam #49

What ever u do do not cut out the face to make your custom! get your self a batting helmet or skate helmet and use one of them i have made 3 scrath builds and it not that hard u might be making a big mistake by haking that nice peice up when u can find some thing that will probable be more stream line than your gipzeboy,
    your progress is looking good hope to see your mandalore soon and your fett.
    Jun 1, 2008, 2:38 AM - Re: Custom Mando'ad Beskar'gam #50

what a wicked idea... will definatly be watching your progress
    great work so far!