Page 4 of 31 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast
Subscribe
  1. Ordeyn's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    746
    Feb 24, 2009, 8:28 PM - Re: Custom Mando :D #76

    The next drawing I post will be pretty much final.

    Yay! I can go shopping Saterday for cloth and trash cans and spray paint and velcroe. Update then... Maybe sooner.
  2. Cod'ika's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    396
    Feb 24, 2009, 9:33 PM - Re: Custom Mando :D #77

    whoop whoop
  3. adonian's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    1,882
    Feb 24, 2009, 10:31 PM - Re: Custom Mando :D #78

    I hope to have a new job by tomorrow night, got an interview tomorrow, so I can start my soft parts too, I hope to see your finished work soon, so we can compair our hard work.

    I really like your drawing, how are you gonna do the bucket?
  4. Ordeyn's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    746
    Feb 25, 2009, 9:06 PM - Re: Custom Mando :D #79

    How'd the interview go?

    Bucket: I'm still liking the white slash in it. I'll make yet another drawing, LoL. I'll also put up my finalish look.
  5. adonian's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    1,882
    Feb 25, 2009, 9:45 PM - Re: Custom Mando :D #80

    interview seemed ok, she said she'll call tomorrow, fingers crossed.

    Lets see some more drawings, especially that 'finalish' look
  6. Elequence's Avatar
    Member Since
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    27
    Feb 25, 2009, 10:58 PM - Re: Custom Mando :D #81

    :thumbup Wow, a dryer? I never would have thought about that. I am totally amazed!! I'm getting my chest armor from Rotton, but definitely making the shoulder and shin armor. Thanks for the idea
  7. Elequence's Avatar
    Member Since
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    27
    Feb 25, 2009, 11:03 PM - Re: Custom Mando :D #82

    adonian said: View Post
    Oh THAT I LIKE!! You gotta get a red visor like mine if you do it, BLOOD RED.

    I need to get a red visor. Where did you get yours? My color scheme is red, black and grey. I was thinking of getting a red flight suit, but decided on black instead.
  8. Sago Apma's Avatar
    Member Since
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    11
    Feb 27, 2009, 8:16 AM - Re: Custom Mando :D #83

    the black flightsuit will go good with the red armor. looks very good
  9. adonian's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    1,882
    Feb 27, 2009, 8:35 AM - Re: Custom Mando :D #84

    Elequence said: View Post
    I need to get a red visor. Where did you get yours? My color scheme is red, black and grey. I was thinking of getting a red flight suit, but decided on black instead.
    fenixprops (tk_2111) on fleabay, it was like $14.00, heres the item number for a green one, ask him for a red, i'm sure he'll put up an auction: 300252159784, it takes a little time (3 weeks), it comes from Argentina

    Sorry Caroline, didn't mean to steal your thread.
    By the way, any updates? Got a bucket yet? I hope to start my custom today.
  10. Member Since
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    3
    Feb 27, 2009, 10:41 AM - Re: Custom Mando :D #85

    Looks good so far Looking forward to new pics!
  11. adonian's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    1,882
    Feb 27, 2009, 11:18 AM - Re: Custom Mando :D #86

    Ordeyn said: View Post
    Bucket: I'm still liking the white slash in it. I'll make yet another drawing, LoL. I'll also put up my finalish look.
    Yeah, go for the slash, as you can see by mine, my guy got into a couple of good fights Got a few nice scratches, and 2 dents, I'm gettin' old, didn't duck fast enough
  12. Ordeyn's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    746
    Feb 27, 2009, 4:55 PM - Re: Custom Mando :D #87

    I really meant like a white stripe but I may put a big slash down the bucket and just say the white was there to show off the scar. And I do need a bucket still. I'm thinking about just making one but think I'm ganna want practice with the premade buckets for when I do Jango/Boba.

    Speaking of buckets...


    Nice frontal view, eh? I like it and that's what it'll look like. I'm working on final whole armor concepts, don't worry. (Yay for Fridays!)
  13. A'den Kyramud's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,337
    Feb 27, 2009, 5:50 PM - Re: Custom Mando :D #88

    Looks good!!! The white streak is great!!!
  14. Elequence's Avatar
    Member Since
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    27
    Feb 27, 2009, 9:03 PM - Re: Custom Mando :D #89

    Ordeyn said: View Post
    Don't worry, I'm pic-happy!

    Progress! Yay!!!!!!!!

    I reshaped/shaped more (of) the armor. IM SOOOOOO HAPPY WITH IT!!! *composes slef* Ahem...Yes, here ya go:

    Hair dryer. Thats right.


    Belly and bells shaped

    Chest


    Everything



    Glamor shots

    lemme say it again...I'M SOOOO HAPPPY!!!!!!

    Yup. I did use a hair dryer. Worked PERFECTLY!

    So, the primer is coming off if I scratch it accidentally. Not so good...but the armor still looks nice, I must say.

    So does it help to shape it with the boiling water first, then you use the hair dryer to adjust the shape?
  15. Elequence's Avatar
    Member Since
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    27
    Feb 27, 2009, 9:12 PM - Re: Custom Mando :D #90

    Ordeyn said: View Post
    Don't worry, I'm pic-happy!

    Progress! Yay!!!!!!!!

    I reshaped/shaped more (of) the armor. IM SOOOOOO HAPPY WITH IT!!! *composes slef* Ahem...Yes, here ya go:

    Hair dryer. Thats right.


    Belly and bells shaped

    Chest


    Everything



    Glamor shots

    lemme say it again...I'M SOOOO HAPPPY!!!!!!

    Yup. I did use a hair dryer. Worked PERFECTLY!

    So, the primer is coming off if I scratch it accidentally. Not so good...but the armor still looks nice, I must say.
    Ordeyn said: View Post
    I really meant like a white stripe but I may put a big slash down the bucket and just say the white was there to show off the scar. And I do need a bucket still. I'm thinking about just making one but think I'm ganna want practice with the premade buckets for when I do Jango/Boba.

    Speaking of buckets...


    Nice frontal view, eh? I like it and that's what it'll look like. I'm working on final whole armor concepts, don't worry. (Yay for Fridays!)
    I love the color scheme
  16. Member Since
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    7
    Feb 27, 2009, 10:16 PM - Re: Custom Mando :D #91

    I'm really liking the color scheme and design of your armor. You look to be off to a great start. I can't wait to see the finished product, then maybe I can talk my wife into making one too...
  17. Ordeyn's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    746
    Feb 27, 2009, 11:20 PM - Re: Custom Mando :D #92

    Elequence said: View Post
    So does it help to shape it with the boiling water first, then you use the hair dryer to adjust the shape?
    Yup, pretty much. I'll probably do more shaping with that hair dryer again just to be sure it fits okay. And when you do use the dryer, try to isolate the area you're shaping unless you do the whole thing at once, 'cos the plastic does return to it's original form if heated and allowed to do so. Just a warning.
  18. Ordeyn's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    746
    Feb 27, 2009, 11:24 PM - Re: Custom Mando :D #93

    I'm glad you guys like the plan so far. I should give you the rest!


    My favorite.


    I did do the grey cape/kama.



    Yup, there ya go: the plan. Good to have those.
  19. adonian's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    1,882
    Feb 28, 2009, 12:25 AM - Re: Custom Mando :D #94

    Ordeyn said: View Post
    I really meant like a white stripe but I may put a big slash down the bucket and just say the white was there to show off the scar. And I do need a bucket still. I'm thinking about just making one but think I'm ganna want practice with the premade buckets for when I do Jango/Boba.

    Speaking of buckets...


    Nice frontal view, eh? I like it and that's what it'll look like. I'm working on final whole armor concepts, don't worry. (Yay for Fridays!)
    yup!, that's the ticket, you gotta do it just like this^^^^

    Oh yeah, I really LIKE FRONTAL VIEWS JK

    Use the WOF template and size it down a little (unless you gotta big head like mine)
    Mine has a 9.75" opening (HUGH MELON)
    I used FREE Priority mail envelopes to make mine, then resin, glass and bondo. Not too hard, if I can do it, you can too.
  20. Saz.'s Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    811
    Feb 28, 2009, 4:44 AM - Re: Custom Mando :D #95

    Looking good there Can
  21. A'den Kyramud's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,337
    Feb 28, 2009, 1:35 PM - Re: Custom Mando :D #96

    Lookin good vod!!! I like the kama idea!!!
  22. Ordeyn's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    746
    Feb 28, 2009, 5:41 PM - Re: Custom Mando :D #97

    adonian said: View Post
    yup!, that's the ticket, you gotta do it just like this^^^^

    Oh yeah, I really LIKE FRONTAL VIEWS JK

    Use the WOF template and size it down a little (unless you gotta big head like mine)
    Mine has a 9.75" opening (HUGH MELON)
    I used FREE Priority mail envelopes to make mine, then resin, glass and bondo. Not too hard, if I can do it, you can too.
    LoL, I'm exactly the opposite. I have a tiny head. But thankfully it's a rather clever head.

    Hmmm, enveolpes? Wow, nice! I may just try that...

    And thanks, glad you like it, guys.
  23. adonian's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    1,882
    Feb 28, 2009, 8:58 PM - Re: Custom Mando :D #98

    yeah, envelopes were FREE baby, and they have a good thickness to hold the shape for the resin coating.
  24. A'den Kyramud's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,337
    Mar 1, 2009, 12:46 AM - Re: Custom Mando :D #99

    Poster board works too!!! That's what all the bucket's I've made are started with.
  25. Ordeyn's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    746
    Mar 1, 2009, 6:59 PM - Re: Custom Mando :D #100

    Well I went shopping today 'cos I didn't go yesterday. I got duct tape, more velcroe, and spray paint. I now have white and black that I'm going to keep. I did buy a purple and silver but I don't like either of them. I tested all the colors on scrap plastic. I'll see if I can return the silver and purple and it's no big deal if I can't. So my trip was semi productive. Purple is going to be a little difficult to find, I guess. OH! And I got another, bigger trash can! It'll be for back, thigh, and shin beskar'gam. Maybe knee, IDK yet. Depends on how much I have left. Anyways, I'll post pics of all my stuff later.

Similar Threads

  1. custom packs for custom mando's
    By morpheus1977 in forum Expanded Universe Bounty Hunters
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: Jan 13, 2009, 4:16 PM
  2. Custom Vinyl decals for your custom Mando
    By Rimshot in forum Expanded Universe Bounty Hunters
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: Jan 9, 2009, 8:45 PM
  3. Custom mando
    By Mandalore23 in forum Expanded Universe Bounty Hunters
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: Jul 10, 2007, 3:42 AM
  4. Help with custom mando
    By Ion_Cannon_Gunner in forum Expanded Universe Bounty Hunters
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: Dec 15, 2006, 12:37 PM