Subscribe
    Aug 17, 2009, 1:43 AM - Re: Custom Mando :D #326

I start in a week and a half but being in high school gives me time to work on my mando
    Aug 17, 2009, 6:17 AM - Re: Custom Mando :D #327

Quote Ordeyn said: View Post
    High five! I'm a home schooler! Er, was.

It might just be the photo. I did take it with my phone. My buy'ce is sitting here in front of me and looks okay but isn't perfect. The dome could be a little flatter, but I think it's all right. How about you guys? Think it should be a little flatter?

Thank you!
    Flatter at the top I would say, it still has a little more point to it.

Always best to get it right at this stage than realise 3/4 of the way through
  3. Member Since
    Aug 2009
    Aug 17, 2009, 6:48 AM - Re: Custom Mando :D #328

I think it's okay as it is, the helmet doesn't have to be exactly the same as boba/jango's
    I'm making mine similar to the TOR version (BH)
    Aug 17, 2009, 10:12 AM - Re: Custom Mando :D #329

I think I want it flatter. My bucket's kinda got this bubble head look to it. LoL... I start school tomorrow and today's my mom's birthday so I doubt I'll get anything done for a while. But I aim to finish it this year.
    Aug 17, 2009, 1:48 PM - Re: Custom Mando :D #330

Quote Ordeyn said: View Post
    High five! I'm a home schooler! Er, was.
    I was a homeschooled up till college.

The helmet looks really good! Slap some bondoglass on it, and then fibreglass the inside, add a visor... and VIOLA! (sorry it's not purple. )

A'den
    Aug 17, 2009, 2:26 PM - Re: Custom Mando :D #331

Man I wish I was homeschooled. I hated high school so I dropped out when I was 16
    But college is soooo much better, I enjoy going to school now...start back tomorrow on my 2nd year of a Game design program.....sorry for the off topic.

Ordeyn your armor and helmet are looking very good so far, just make sure you get it done by Halloween so you can show it off!
  7. Member Since
    Aug 2009
    Aug 17, 2009, 4:20 PM - Re: Custom Mando :D #332

VERY nice work! I sat down and read thru the entire thread today, because I will be building THREE sets of female armor out of trashcans in the near future. Ok, near enough that I bought two trashcans *today* as a start. Fortunately, two of the females are quite small - 9 and 4 - so I won't need as much trashcan material *&* won't need to dish the breastplates. Excellent thread and very gorgeous work.

Oh, and we don't start our homeschooling back up until Sept. I think I'll put armor-making on the cirriculum this year and have the two older kids work on their own armor and have the verd'ika (that right? littlest one?) "help" with hers.
  8. Member Since
    Aug 2009
    Aug 17, 2009, 4:48 PM - Re: Custom Mando :D #333

Yeah. Homeschooling is awesome, for those it works for.

I was homeschooled from 2nd grade on through High School (finished at 12), and I loved it. I just ran through everything really fast, and didn't have to wait for everybody else to finish. My sister hated it though, and wound up going to private school from Jr. High on.

Works for some, not for others, I suppose.

And Doc, verd'ika means "little soldier/warrior". Ad'ika would be "little son/daugher". You're the coolest buir ever. I wish my schooling had included Mando making.
    Aug 17, 2009, 7:12 PM - Re: Custom Mando :D #334

Ad'ika also means little one... as in not your child but someone elses, or someone who is small in stature.
  10. Member Since
    Aug 2009
    Aug 17, 2009, 8:00 PM - Re: Custom Mando :D #335

Very true, Kal. Thanks. My Mando'a is a little rusty
    Aug 17, 2009, 9:36 PM - Re: Custom Mando :D #336

no prob happy to help out
    Aug 18, 2009, 1:56 AM - Re: Custom Mando :D #337

Yea my high school dayz were terrible, c's and d's all the way, but when I went to college, a's and b's, I guess it's because I got to CHOOSE WHAT TO TAKE, (mostly.. I still need a few classes for my Degree).
    Aug 18, 2009, 6:58 AM - Re: Custom Mando :D #338

hmm... sounds familiar, except I had a lil better results in HS, just not good enough to get any scholarships . however... did just fine in college. In fact... have to start my masters soon.
    Aug 18, 2009, 9:11 AM - Re: Custom Mando :D #339

I do however have a BS in BS Actually I am working on my BSN, then later will go for my MSN, but higher education is worth it.
  15. Member Since
    Aug 2009
    Aug 18, 2009, 3:29 PM - Re: Custom Mando :D #340

Quote Shuk'Om said: View Post
    And Doc, verd'ika means "little soldier/warrior". Ad'ika would be "little son/daugher". You're the coolest buir ever. I wish my schooling had included Mando making.
    Around here, the terms would be interchangeable. If anyone goes to the range, even the youngest HAS TO GO!!! Even tho she doesn't shoot yet. YET.
    Aug 18, 2009, 4:31 PM - Re: Custom Mando :D #341

Quote DocOutlands said: View Post
    VERY nice work! I sat down and read thru the entire thread today, because I will be building THREE sets of female armor out of trashcans in the near future. Ok, near enough that I bought two trashcans *today* as a start. Fortunately, two of the females are quite small - 9 and 4 - so I won't need as much trashcan material *&* won't need to dish the breastplates. Excellent thread and very gorgeous work.

Oh, and we don't start our homeschooling back up until Sept. I think I'll put armor-making on the cirriculum this year and have the two older kids work on their own armor and have the verd'ika (that right? littlest one?) "help" with hers.
    Totally!!! My mom was kind enough to put costuming as an elective, so I get credit for having fun!!!
    Aug 18, 2009, 4:51 PM - Re: Custom Mando :D #342

Quote DocOutlands said: View Post
    Around here, the terms would be interchangeable. If anyone goes to the range, even the youngest HAS TO GO!!! Even tho she doesn't shoot yet. YET.

Amen! lol, same here... i can't go to the range without my 4 yr old wanting to tag along. It's very important to teach kids the value of safety at an early age, it prevents stupid accidents like the ones we see increasingly happening with adults who were never exposed to good safety training. I was never a boy scout, but I know that they, as well as 4-H, most "Sherriff's camps" and many state LE sponsored summer camps such as Trooper Island Camp in Kentucky do offer such opportunities for kids... I know because I worked at both a 4-H and Trooper Island Camp once upon a time as one of the riflery instructors. Kudos to you ner vod for teaching your kids the important things in life, and not focusing them in on videogames and TV!

Kal Waco
    Aug 27, 2009, 8:13 PM - Re: Custom Mando :D #343

Hey, guys, sorry Ive been away for so long! School and soccer are crazy. I'm playing for a school team and a club team at the same time. Homework, practices, and games take up most of my time. I barely squeezed this message in, LoL. But I'll get that backplate attached eventually! I'll keep you posted on any progress I make best I can.
    Aug 27, 2009, 8:38 PM - Re: Custom Mando :D #344

Glad to see your still alive!!! isnt the life of a soccer player great? I miss doing what you are describing... Now I only play in a few pick-up games everynow and then. It is so hard to find a good team when you are here in AZ and everyone plays mexico style soccer, and you are playing European style...
    Aug 27, 2009, 8:50 PM - Re: Custom Mando :D #345

GO SOCCER soccers a great game eh
    Aug 28, 2009, 8:21 AM - Re: Custom Mando :D #346

I'll convert you all to West Brom supporters yet, who needs your Man United and Chelseas? Just because they win things all the time? Nah? You want a local British club for local people like, er, those in the US, and not hunt the glory! West Brom is just that... [/soapbox moment]
    Aug 28, 2009, 10:34 AM - Re: Custom Mando :D #347

What is this "Soccer" you speak of? I know of 'football'..
    I never understood why us Yanks call Football Soccer? I mean , you use your feet for Soccer and your hands for Football?!?!
    Edit, if you want me to take that last pic down I will, just lemme know

Oh question, which of these look more painful
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	OUCH.jpg 
Views:	177 
Size:	67.1 KB 
ID:	35892   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	american-football.jpg 
Views:	146 
Size:	44.3 KB 
ID:	35893  
    Last edited by adonian; Aug 28, 2009 at 5:40 PM.
    Aug 28, 2009, 2:58 PM - Re: Custom Mando :D #348

Quote Saz. said: View Post
    I'll convert you all to West Brom supporters yet, who needs your Man United and Chelseas? Just because they win things all the time? Nah? You want a local British club for local people like, er, those in the US, and not hunt the glory! West Brom is just that... [/soapbox moment]
    Chelsea FTW!!!

I wish I could watch West Brom games...we get almost no good British football on TV out here...
    Sep 5, 2009, 6:21 PM - Re: Custom Mando :D #349

ok... time for a quick bump up post! Ord'ika, any progress?
    Sep 6, 2009, 2:14 AM - Re: Custom Mando :D #350

Yeah, what's happenin?