Subscribe
    Jun 2, 2009, 1:11 PM - Re: Custom Mando :D #226

So how was shoping ? didn;t get anything in the way of Mando fabric did you?
    Last edited by Jango 425; Jun 2, 2009 at 2:14 PM.
    Jun 4, 2009, 2:45 PM - Re: Custom Mando :D #227

Hehe I lied. I went shopping yesterday! But nothing got in the way of me finally buying vest fabric. (Jango, nice sig. Awesome verse!)

Pics later...
    Jun 4, 2009, 3:39 PM - Re: Custom Mando :D #228

Quote Ordeyn said: View Post
    (Jango, nice sig. Awesome verse!)

Agreed!!!

And pics would be nice...
    Jun 6, 2009, 9:18 PM - Re: Custom Mando :D #229

Well gee thanks guys about the verse. I just got thru taking The Way of the Master class at church it was great and I thought I'd share it w/ everyone
    Jun 7, 2009, 10:44 PM - Re: Custom Mando :D #230

That's good ner vod, It's one of my favorite scriptures. BTW... Ordeyn it's looking good, but my next question is how are you going to do your gauntlets?
    Jun 10, 2009, 9:36 PM - Re: Custom Mando :D #231

Quote Jango 425 said: View Post
    Well gee thanks guys about the verse. I just got thru taking The Way of the Master class at church it was great and I thought I'd share it w/ everyone
    I'm always happy to hear any such news.

Onto armor...I took pictures! All of the red stuffs are mock ups since I have no pattern that fits me. So it will be very custom--but I'm doing my best to adhere to the regular vest look.
    Bells

Back

Front

Here is the actual fabric:

Against the jumpsuit

And kal'ika, I don't know about gauntlets yet, but I was hyper tonight and made a sad lil gaunt:

There ya go! And nothing yet on the buy'ce. Haven't bought cardboard and I don't know how much more I can get done on my armor til August cos I'll be gone for most of the summer.
    Jun 10, 2009, 9:47 PM - Re: Custom Mando :D #232

OK, that is NOT a sad lil gaunt... I like it! I'd do a little finishing work add some hoses and paint that sucker! But that's just me. Kandosii Ord'ika!

Kal
    Jun 10, 2009, 9:48 PM - Re: Custom Mando :D #233

BTW... picked up my own Longshot yesterday, painted my chest/back plates today so I'll have that up soon in my WIP. Can't wait to see your finished product!
  9. Nevu440
    Jun 10, 2009, 10:16 PM - Re: Custom Mando :D #234

Looks great so far! Can't wait to see the finished product! My little sister, who is 13, looked over my shoulder and said to me "why on earth is a guy painting their armor purple?" So I told her that you were a girl and she replied "Cool! So girls make armor too? I want a pair!". We'll see where that goes.... Good luck with the vest! =)
    Jun 11, 2009, 3:21 PM - Re: Custom Mando :D #235

at least what you do when you are hyper is productive....
    Jun 11, 2009, 4:12 PM - Re: Custom Mando :D #236

Quote BAMfett said: View Post
    at least what you do when you are hyper is productive....

Looking good Ordeyn!!!
    Jun 12, 2009, 8:29 PM - Re: Custom Mando :D #237

Quote Nevu440 said: View Post
    Looks great so far! Can't wait to see the finished product! My little sister, who is 13, looked over my shoulder and said to me "why on earth is a guy painting their armor purple?" So I told her that you were a girl and she replied "Cool! So girls make armor too? I want a pair!". We'll see where that goes.... Good luck with the vest! =)
    Haha, I love your sister now! You should make her some beskar'gam!

And I made another gaunt for the heck of it and I painted them both silver for the heck of it. They're very shiny.

Things are going well with the vest too! My pattern is basically complete thanks to my Mama.
    Last edited by Ordeyn; Jun 13, 2009 at 3:24 PM.
    Jun 12, 2009, 9:08 PM - Re: Custom Mando :D #238

Cool, glad to hear progress is being made.
    I forgot that my sister in law can sew pretty good, so I asked her if she would sew the INDUSTRIAL Velcro onto my vests, she said why not, so I hope to have my armor on my vests soon.

You got any pics of the purple yet? I really wanna see it.

I plan on working on my gauntlets soon.
    Jun 12, 2009, 9:15 PM - Re: Custom Mando :D #239

silver gauntlets with ur armor would have to look awesome, I think a purple overlay would look pretty good too.
    Jun 15, 2009, 5:26 PM - Re: Custom Mando :D #240

Any chance I could get ya to bounce me a copy of the pattern you used for your vest? Otherwise I'm gonna have to lay out my duty rig and try to copy it :S .
    Jun 17, 2009, 7:41 PM - Re: Custom Mando :D #241

Quote adonian said: View Post
    Cool, glad to hear progress is being made.
    I forgot that my sister in law can sew pretty good, so I asked her if she would sew the INDUSTRIAL Velcro onto my vests, she said why not, so I hope to have my armor on my vests soon.

You got any pics of the purple yet? I really wanna see it.

I plan on working on my gauntlets soon.
    Purple...? I posted some pics of the armor from my phone, but I can take some nice ones with a real camera.

Quote kal'ika said: View Post
    silver gauntlets with ur armor would have to look awesome, I think a purple overlay would look pretty good too.
    I just painted them silver as the base. I'm going to paint them purple after masking. They will look kinda dorky but I wanna finnish them. I'm stubborn like that.

Quote kal'ika said: View Post
    Any chance I could get ya to bounce me a copy of the pattern you used for your vest? Otherwise I'm gonna have to lay out my duty rig and try to copy it :S .
    It depends on who the vest is for. Cos I am pretty small. (I did NOT call you fat, I promise!) But yeah, no problem. Will pics do or do you need templates in a...PDF? is that what it is?

PICS!!!! (And a shebs load off them)

I'm thinking about make shoulder bell holders but for the shins cos they REFUSE to stay shaped...grrr. So I'll hold them in place be shear force. (This is where the spray painting fabrics comes in--see next set of pics)

This is an experiment I had with spray painting the red material. It worked well.
    Down below are the gauntlets no duh.

These are my patterns. Yes, that's Mickey Mouse.

Oh, and the second gaunt I hot glued together instead of taped. And once I get more glue then I'll go back and do it to the other one.
    Jun 17, 2009, 8:07 PM - Re: Custom Mando :D #242

not bad... not bad at all... yeah I was needing something to use for basic shape, looks like you're making a lot of progress. Kandosii Ord'ika!
    Jun 17, 2009, 9:32 PM - Re: Custom Mando :D #243

Wohoo Mickey Mouse!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sorry its been so long it looks great
  19. Jun 17, 2009, 9:37 PM - Re: Custom Mando :D #244

looks really awesome!!!! cheers to the mickey fabric
    Jun 18, 2009, 3:03 AM - Re: Custom Mando :D #245

you gotta keep the silver for the gauntlets, that would look so freakin cool.
  21. Nevu440
    Jun 18, 2009, 9:18 AM - Re: Custom Mando :D #246

That looks sweet!! Gauntlets look really nice, the silver paint adds to them. Idk about color but sont use the same color on your kama as you do gauntlets because you want the gauntlets to stick out, just because those gauntlets deserve to stick out! Keep it up!
    Jun 18, 2009, 3:02 PM - Re: Custom Mando :D #247

Thanks vode! I appreciate it. The sewing started a couple of days ago and its almost done. I've been having my buir'ika(Mama) helping me out, so not much longer before pictures of all that!

Quote Nevu440 said: View Post
    That looks sweet!! Gauntlets look really nice, the silver paint adds to them. Idk about color but sont use the same color on your kama as you do gauntlets because you want the gauntlets to stick out, just because those gauntlets deserve to stick out! Keep it up!
    If I did paint em they'd be purple. My kama is black so if I did paint em they'd still stand out a bit.
    Jun 18, 2009, 4:30 PM - Re: Custom Mando :D #248

I honestly don't know... purple...silver... I think either way would look good.
  24. Member Since
    Jun 2009
    Jun 19, 2009, 1:14 PM - Re: Custom Mando :D #249

looking good, seems that you are enjoying the building process.

keep up the good work.
    Jun 27, 2009, 9:38 PM - Re: Custom Mando :D #250

Come on its been almost 2 days and no progressLOL no serously i need some pics