Custom Mando/Armor Attachment Help!

Custom Mando/Armor Attachment Help!

Hi everyone,

I started making mando costumes about 6 years ago. I started with duct tape, then moved to card board. At that point I started looking for some patterns and spent some time on this forum. I found wizardofflight's templates and set to work. I made the armor and jetpack all out of cardboard and had a great time doing it. During that time, I found a thread about "trash can armor" and thought that would be great. About a year later, I was at target and found the right size trash cans!

I created Core-Hunter, my custom Mandalorian. Almost 3 years later, I'm looking for a way to attach the armor better and I need your help! I attached sticky velcro to the back of the armor pieces, and to the cloth I was wearing. It didn't stick well, especially the leg pieces fell off easily. What should I do?

Here are some pictures of my "Mando Timeline":
    jango1-1-jpgjango2-1-jpgjango2-0-jpgjango3-0-jpgjango3-1-jpgjango3-2-jpgjango4-3-jpgjango4-2-jpgjango4-0-jpgjango4-1-jpgjango4-4-jpg

From
    Bay Area

Re: Custom Mando/Armor Attachment Help!

Hi. TDH is not a big place. You do not need to start 3 threads on the same topic.

People seem to be using various methods, like elastic straps going through the flight suit, and metal snaps. Here's an example thread:

http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/f28/l...achment-45316/

From
    Montreal, Quebec, Canada

Re: Custom Mando/Armor Attachment Help!

The sticky velcro needs to be "industrial strength". AND most important, use the sticky velcro on plates only, NOT the fabric. You should use regular, non-sticky velcro and sew it on the fabric.