Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Subscribe
    Jan 18, 2009, 1:20 AM - Re: Custom Mando #26

Big up's man!
    Wicked awesome Beskar'gam.
    It's costumers like you that inspire people like me.
    I have been watching these boards alot recently and would like to make another set of beskar'gam. (My first set was made before i discovered this site and is made from corrogated cardboard and paper mache, not one of my better ideas, as when trooping in hot weather your sweat makes it soggy
    I to have recently purchased a nerf vulcan to modify for my next set of beskar'gam (even though like you I am a sniper).
    Any way bringing about an end to my rambling once again looking good.
    Tracyn out.
  2. formerly Sgt. Skirata Huntman's Avatar
    Jan 18, 2009, 1:24 AM - Re: Custom Mando #27

wish you were in our neck of the woods I would invite you to troop with us. We need some custom mando with that quality gear to troop with
    Jan 22, 2009, 10:51 PM - Re: Custom Mando #28

OK, just a slight update:
    I rebuilt my backplate with a little (alright a LOT) of help from dankenman's armour thread (thanks vod!!!:thumbup). I'll post pics once I get it painted and weathered a bit.

Again, thanks to all for the kind words and encouragement; you guys are the best!!!

A'den
    Jan 23, 2009, 12:50 AM - Re: Custom Mando #29

Cant wait to see it brother! Glad my thread could help. That is one of the reasons I love it here, there is always someone to answer questions, and bounce ideas off of.
    Jan 25, 2009, 3:02 PM - Re: Custom Mando #30

OK, so I wore my armour to Phoenix CC yesterday, and found several minor flaws, most of which have been corrected. Still gotta post pics...
  6. Member Since
    Jul 2008
    Jan 26, 2009, 6:13 AM - Re: Custom Mando #31

What material(s) have you made it of?

Whats the aprox weight of the full suit?
    Feb 3, 2009, 7:58 PM - Re: Custom Mando #32

OK, I wanna hear some cheering, cuz we have UPDATES!!! HOORAY!!!
    lol

I'm basically finished with this suit. Here are some pics I took today.

I still have ideas I want to work on, but all-in-all, this gear is done!!!

Thanks all for the help and encouargement everyone!!!:thumbup:thumbup:thumbup

Best O' Luck

A'den
    Feb 3, 2009, 9:52 PM - Re: Custom Mando #33

Nice job! Love the slicing across the bucket face. Have a run in with an angry nexu did we? The mythotaur skull from the belt is sweet!
    Feb 4, 2009, 12:34 AM - Re: Custom Mando #34

Looking great brother! What are you gonna do next! Have you worked on your sniper rifle yet?
    Feb 4, 2009, 2:46 AM - Re: Custom Mando #35

I like it, it looks really good, I hope I have some time to catch up with you, but as you can see by my posts, it's been a while since I've done anything with mine... I gotta wait for the tax man to pay me, but get this, California is gonna give IOU's ***?!

Anyway, GR8 work.
  11. Feb 4, 2009, 4:06 AM - Re: Custom Mando #36

it looks great, very open season . have u tried to see how the vest would look if you wore it like boba. just curious. looks like your ready to hunt some minutemen.jk . i love it man , this is the kind of mando that makes wanna finish mi custom mando.
    Feb 4, 2009, 2:24 PM - Re: Custom Mando #37

Quote dankenman said: View Post
    Looking great brother! What are you gonna do next! Have you worked on your sniper rifle yet?
    Thanks vod!!! No, I haven't...still planning...

Quote silver n black trooper said: View Post
    it looks great, very open season . have u tried to see how the vest would look if you wore it like boba. just curious. looks like your ready to hunt some minutemen.jk . i love it man , this is the kind of mando that makes wanna finish mi custom mando.
    Not sure what you're saying about the vest? Do ya mind elaborating a bit? Maybe pics (they always help!!!). Thanks vod!!!

Adonian and Ordeyn- As always, thanks for the encouragement!!!

Best O' Luck!

A'den

...Adonian, how is the armour coming??? Again, I get update hungry...
    Feb 4, 2009, 5:58 PM - Re: Custom Mando #38

Very cool! I love the color scheme and the small details. where'd you get the small mythosaur skull?? And is that a galco yaqui belt slide holster you're packing your light blaster in??

The Kamas are a kewl addition I really like too.

Cant wait to see more.

This is gonna be a sniper mando, right? I say build a HUGE rifle (but light ) with a long, telescoping or foldable barrel. (its not a real weapon, so it can be different!) Imagine trooping into a convention with a huge pack on your back, then pulling it off, snapping the barrel in place, screwing in the stock, and dropping the rolling bipod!! More like a roving mando turret! Just a thought. Am I insane? You have no idea.

"A well-built sniper rifle is a beautiful thing. Ours has two separate levels of zoom: 'Up-close-and-personal' and 'Hello-you're-dead.'" ―RC-1207

Quote A'den Kyramud said: View Post
    Not sure what you're saying about the vest? Do ya mind elaborating a bit? Maybe pics (they always help!!!). Thanks vod!!!
    I'm not quite sure either, but he MIGHT mean trimming it a bit shorter on the bottom or simply untucking it, instead of keeping it tucked behind the belt. I dunno. I think it would look cool either way.

keep us posted!
    Feb 4, 2009, 6:24 PM - Re: Custom Mando #39

It looks great! I really like all of the little details. Could we see a pic of the back?
    Feb 5, 2009, 11:40 AM - Re: Custom Mando #40

...Adonian, how is the armour coming??? Again, I get update hungry...[/quote]

I gotta get my printer back on line so I can print my shoulder bells and collar so I can cut 'em out of my trash cans, I'll see if I can at least get to that, plus since I started the new job, my schedule is all messed up (sucks to be the new employee).

When I get some $, I'll tint the visor with mirror and finally get it installed and I plan on buying an RF stalk since it's so darn hard to get mine to work.
    Feb 5, 2009, 7:34 PM - Re: Custom Mando #41

Django- I got the mythosaur skull from:

http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/showthread.php?t=24219

My sniper rifle has been started. The base is a Nerf Firefly blaster, to which I plan to add a detachable barrel and folding bipod...I'll post pics as the work moves along.

I'll give that flak vest idea some thought... might look really good!!!

Casius- I'll post pics of the back soon; I still need to work on it a bit. I want to add some leather, a backpack for my sniper gear and a knife...so as the updates happen, I'll post pics.
    Feb 16, 2009, 3:03 PM - Re: Custom Mando #42

HOORAY!!! I just got this kit passed into the mando mercs!!! It's official!!! Yipey!!!

anyways, I need some idea help. I want to do a leather girthbelt thing...except I dont really know how a girthbelt goes, what it is for, &c. Anybody got idea or pics?

The sniper rifle is moving along...I got the firefly painted and have figured out a plan to make the barrel removable...gotta go to home depot and get some stuff...

Still working on more pics...

A'den
    Feb 16, 2009, 3:34 PM - Re: Custom Mando #43

Congrats on passing Mando mercs Vod, maybe when i get mine done i'll do the same.
    Feb 16, 2009, 8:00 PM - Re: Custom Mando #44

yes adonian get that kit done,me and A'den are waiting lmao and again grats A'den!
    Feb 16, 2009, 10:13 PM - Re: Custom Mando #45

AH MAN, I just painted my second set of armor white, and the paint cracked ...... I guess I'll wait til it drys then sand it down and start over... I want to go with my black and purple.
    Feb 17, 2009, 11:17 PM - Re: Custom Mando #46

For a rifle to have a detachable barrel, It just needs to be threaded in. If you can thread one end of it you can hide the female end in the rifle housing then all you have to do is screw and unscrew See how that works.
    Feb 18, 2009, 3:16 PM - Re: Custom Mando #47

Quote Ijaat Ka'rta said: View Post
    For a rifle to have a detachable barrel, It just needs to be threaded in. If you can thread one end of it you can hide the female end in the rifle housing then all you have to do is screw and unscrew See how that works.
    Hmmm...that a good idea...I'll give that a try. Thanks!!!
    Feb 27, 2009, 8:58 AM - Re: Custom Mando #48

Armor looks really good
    Jul 26, 2009, 1:17 PM - Re: Custom Mando #49

A'd'ika I can give u a good design for a sniper rifle... it's the design I was going to use for mine until I decided to be a scout/FAC instead. It's easy because u can go buy a cheap airsoft m4, a piece of PVC and a little bit of balsa wood to build it, and do some repainting. Here's the design ner vod.

Kal
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MVAMS.JPG 
Views:	72 
Size:	1.41 MB 
ID:	35173  
    Jul 26, 2009, 8:06 PM - Re: Custom Mando #50

awesome rifle