Subscribe
  1. Member Since
    Jul 2003
    Feb 24, 2004, 11:13 AM - Custom Gauntlets #1

Does anyone out there have any good ideas on making custom guantlets? I don't have any for my suit and don't really want to do the same thing w/ Boba or Jango gauntlets. Just thought I'd ask.
  2. Member Since
    Oct 2003
    Feb 24, 2004, 11:47 AM - Re: Custom Gauntlets #2

I am doing customization to my gauntlets for my custom-in-build-phase too Black. I'm actually going to be doing a series of tweaks, "upgrades" and mods that will make them a tad bit "beefier" in terms of firepower... without loosing that obvious link to the origins of the gauntlet design.

At least - I'm doing these to my temporary (resin) gauntlet set until I get my metal ones --- then I'm not sure if I'm going to want to alter those that much from the base pieces --- save adding in a real flame thrower. Maybe a cold fusion laser system. Short range thermonuclear personal missile system. Yeah. That'd be about it. :-)

Feb 25, 2004, 9:55 PM - Re: Custom Gauntlets #3

GrendelPrime wrote:

...save adding in a real flame thrower.
    Put me on that list!

4. Rodann
    Feb 26, 2004, 3:42 PM - Re: Custom Gauntlets #4

I used hockey shin guards for my custom Bounty Hunter gauntlets (the very same ones Shannon Baksa was wearing for her MJ SWI cover shoot), with an old red air grinder as a weapon (air hose attachment pointed forward).

5. Mar 13, 2008, 7:19 AM - Re: Custom Gauntlets #5

Im planning to go with the shin guard idea, but I was goint to add some tradional hardware i.e. darts, missles flame thrower attachments. Also I was goint to run some smaller than traditional hoses from the guant to a custom jet pack.
    Mar 13, 2008, 8:47 AM - Re: Custom Gauntlets #6

Quote Vasili Zaitsev said: View Post
    Im planning to go with the shin guard idea, but I was goint to add some tradional hardware i.e. darts, missles flame thrower attachments. Also I was goint to run some smaller than traditional hoses from the guant to a custom jet pack.
    The only problem you'll find there is stopping the gauntlet from twisting around under the weight of all of the attachments. You'll find after a while that your gauntlet is further around the arm then you intend. Even velcroing the gauntlet and adding buckle straps won't sort that problem out.
    Mar 13, 2008, 9:25 AM - Re: Custom Gauntlets #7

I did custom gauntlets for a totally different project, I had to put a liner, with a thumb strap in it, to stop it from riding up, and use leather straps to stop it from twisting.