Custom details

mike

Custom details

I'm making a custom black/red helmet and was wondering if anyone had any ideas for cool little details.

From
    Orlando, FL

Re: Custom details

I did one a while ago as a test that had silver claw marks down the front of it like a huge animal scratched the crap out of it. And I left the rest of the helmet pretty much unscratched.

mike

Wow cool, thanks man i never would have thought of that. I'm gonna try that going down the side. Thanks again.

Have you looked at Rodann's custom? He did some really neat things to his.

I think the thread is in the armor section.

please fill in the dent or move it, to many customs with the same dent in the same spot....

From
    Orlando, FL

mike wrote:

Wow cool, thanks man i never would have thought of that. I'm gonna try that going down the side. Thanks again.
    My pleasure, like I said I just did it as a test and I thought it was cool looking. I am glad you like the idea.

mike

for filling in the dent, I know bondo works but does the suff you put on the wall to fill in a whole work?

Rodann

I used burnished-on stencils on mine. Just like they did with the ROTJ pack. You can design your own letter/symbol combinations. And it's darned cheap. Some plug ports in the earpieces might look cool, too. Maybe the rangefinder on the LEFT side.

Anyone consider a RED tinted visor? Not dark blackish red, like the green, but red gel color. That would look SWEET on a black bucket.

Thanks for the kind words, FT.

Sean, stop complainin'! It wouldn't be "The Dented Helmet" without a dent. And what if they're all clones? They'd all bump their heads in the same place, wouldn't they?

Predatormv, do you have a pic of your custom bucket? I'd love to see it! Also, did you go through & make the full custom?

mike wrote:

I'm making a custom black/red helmet and was wondering if anyone had any ideas for cool little details.
    What about a version of the helmet crest that the clone troopers have or would that be too extreme?