Custom Blaster: WIP

formerly Boba_Fett_03 Duran_Lomax's Avatar
    From
    Colorado

Custom Blaster: WIP

I've been working on a blaster from parts that I have around the house while saving up for other aspects of the armor, and I came up with this little piece. I have yet to decide if it will be a blaster rifle or grenade launcher, but it's constructed of a PVC pipe and $6 Nerf pistol.

I helped at SDCC '08 GCNgamer128's Avatar
    From
    Las Vegas, Nevada USA

Re: Custom Blaster: WIP

It all ready looks like it's going to turn out great!!

From
    Colorado

Thanks! It's my first blaster that Im actually building, per se; I just painted my other two, which dont look that great. For this blaster, Im planning on making a holster that sits over my right shoulder blade.
    Im leaning towards making it a grenade launcher; does anyone have any advice for creating one of these? Im kinda leaning on a launcher like the one used by the Terminator in T2: Judgement Day.

formerly joNich
    From
    Columbus, OH

Sweet! You should come over to HVM and post pics in our "Nerf Herders Association" thread.

We've got a couple members (including me) who have blasters made out of that same exact Nerf Nite Shot.

Awesome work so far!

Another nerf herder joins the ranks.

If you decide to make it into a grenade launcher you could use a small vitamin bottle or something with a plastic easter egg half glued on top to represent a grenade inside the barrel.

Jodo Kast 3 made some like that and has a tutorial for making them on the HV&M site in the blasters and tools section.
    Just click on my banner if you want to check out the site.

Yeah, the enrf herders use that specific model of nerf pistol for the PM blaster series, you should make one, PM-10 and PM-20 are already taken.

From
    Colorado

Jun Garros Fett said:
    Another nerf herder joins the ranks.

If you decide to make it into a grenade launcher you could use a small vitamin bottle or something with a plastic easter egg half glued on top to represent a grenade inside the barrel.

Jodo Kast 3 made some like that and has a tutorial for making them on the HV&M site in the blasters and tools section.
    Just click on my banner if you want to check out the site.

Oh, I know that site; Im registered there, actually. Excellent place; his tutorial is also very good, very creative. Thanks for pointing me in that direction!

Nachturnus said:
    Yeah, the enrf herders use that specific model of nerf pistol for the PM blaster series, you should make one, PM-10 and PM-20 are already taken.
    The PM series actually inspired me to use this gun in particular; I have a medium-sized arsenal of Nerf guns, and couldn't decide which one to use until I saw the PM series. As soon as it's finished, Ill check it and see if they'll accept mine