Subscribe
    Mar 28, 2012, 1:06 PM - Costom Mando Armor Build #1

Ok, I've been working on some armor recently and I've decided to do a WIP to keep you guys (and gals) on THD informed. I don't know if these pics will work or not but I hope they do (I'm on a slow connection so I don't know if they will work). Anyway, I've made the boot plates and the shins and I'm working on the knees (but their not done yet, also no pics of those) and I've cut tempates of my own (since my conection is slow I couldn't get any to download). The armor is cut out of some thin metal (you may be able to see this in some of the pics ) and the teplates are cut out of some vinal, in case you wanted to know. Alright, here are the pics. I hope these work.

[IMG]DSC02626 [/IMG] [IMG]DSC02627[/IMG] [IMG]DSC02628[/IMG] [IMG]DSC02629[/IMG] [IMG]DSC02631[/IMG] [IMG]DSC02632[/IMG][IMG]DSC02633[/IMG]

The first pic is the front armor templates, the second is the the right thy template (to cut the left thy out I just flip the template), the third is the visor template (the iner lines are what the viser size will be the outer lines are where I will cut the plexi-glass so I will have an edge to atach the visor), then come the shoe plates and the Shin plates from the top and from the side, and last of all what I want the armor to look like.
    Mar 28, 2012, 1:16 PM - Re: Costom Mando Armor Build #2

AHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! the pictures didn't work. I can never get the stupid pics to work! ARG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HOLD IT!! CALM DOWN. Do something to releive stress. I know!....... Lets DESINAGRATE SOME REBLES!!, what do ya say to that?
    Mar 29, 2012, 2:35 PM - Costom Mando Armor Build #3

Just repost mate its ok
    Quote Quote Posted from iOS app
    Apr 6, 2012, 3:03 PM - Re: Costom Mando Armor Build #4

I can't seem to figure out how to post pics. But I'll try to figure it out. Sorry for the inconvenience.
  5. Member Since
    Apr 2011
    Apr 10, 2012, 9:21 PM - Re: Costom Mando Armor Build #5

come on wips, love to see them
    Apr 14, 2012, 11:37 AM - Re: Costom Mando Armor Build #6

I know, Im working on my picture problem now. So while you wait, please just imagian my armor. Think of Jango with the arena jetpack then change all the silver to black, make the blue darker, the shoe plates are blue, the flight suit is light blue like Jango, the flak vest is gray like Jango, the gloves are gray also like Jango, and the jetpack is all black with blue and silver accents: the missle tip is blue the thrust nozzels are blue also. Now, to change it even more from Jango I added a blood red poncho/cape thing that comes down past the holsters and covers them, it has a split in the front down the middle to allow for fast opening for quick draw of Westars.
    Apr 26, 2012, 5:09 PM - Re: Costom Mando Armor Build #7

Ok, I've been sick and haven't gotten to work for awhile but now I'm back on. I can also post my pics now. So Here goes....

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC02626.JPG 
Views:	110 
Size:	2.55 MB 
ID:	60665Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC02627.JPG 
Views:	92 
Size:	2.77 MB 
ID:	60666Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC02628.JPG 
Views:	94 
Size:	2.80 MB 
ID:	60667Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC02629.JPG 
Views:	110 
Size:	2.59 MB 
ID:	60668Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC02631.JPG 
Views:	141 
Size:	2.80 MB 
ID:	60669Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC02632.JPG 
Views:	105 
Size:	2.67 MB 
ID:	60670Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Dsc02633.jpg 
Views:	132 
Size:	981.7 KB 
ID:	60671Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mando.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	21.0 KB 
ID:	60672

The first three are pics of my templates so far, the next three are the shoes and shins, the sixth one is a more detailed drawing of what it will look like exept for the red ponch/cape thing, the last is what it will look like with the cape, part of the cape is pushed behind his arm.
    Apr 27, 2012, 10:12 AM - Re: Costom Mando Armor Build #8

I'll soon start my helmet cause I really want to see that done. I have the material to make the flight suit (yes I'm going to make it myself) so that should be coming soon as well. Like I said I have been sick so I have made absolutly no progress on anything at all . But that soon will change, it may take awhile to do so because aI'm making a military costume for a cosin of mine so that puts production on a hold, but that soon will be done and I'll get back on things.
    May 3, 2012, 2:29 PM - Re: Costom Mando Armor Build #9

I'm working on the knee pads now, sorry no pics of those yet, but I'll take some soon and post'em. Just so you guys know I'm making this out of some type of thin metel, I'm not shure what it is exactaly, its probably tin or alumanum, thats my guess. I'm cutting out the peices with tinsnips and grinding/filing the edges smooth then painting the peices. I'll be J.B. Welding peices together mainly because my welder is on lone to a freind and I won't get it back for awhile. I'll post pics when I take them.