Subscribe
  1. Member Since
    Feb 2008
    Apr 13, 2008, 3:25 PM - Brian BigWater99 Rohlan Dyre Helmet Unveiling. #1

A good friend of mine, Brian BigWater99, has just finished up his Rohlan Dyre Project. He did two versions of the helmet, the Tolibao and the Ching.

For the last few weeks I have been seeing this project unfold through my correspondence with Brian.

I offered to post threads about it in a few places and see if I could generate some interest for his pieces.

Folks I give you a helmet designed and sculpted by BigWater99, who makes some of the most marvelous helms you will find out there. His RC, Revans, and Nihilus are all impeccable and he has a penchant for doing multiple versions of helms.

I give you pics of the Brian Ching nearly finished as well as the pics of the kit form (horns and respirators will be included, dents will be up to you to add, this helm is painted in basic Rohlan colors, respirators not yet added).

Please get in touch with me if any of you are interested. I will have a final price and pictures with the respirator Monday.

So without further ado.

The Brian Ching Rohlan Dyre helm by BW99!
    Kit form (horns and respirators not shown)

Painted up to show you how it can look once done up

After I have a final price I will post Brian's contact info, I only ask that anyone who gets one from him say they found his helm through me since he is going to reward me with a gifty if enough people come to grab em because of me ^_^

I hope you enjoy,
    Alexis Diana Dority
    on behalf of
    Brian, BigWater99
  2. Member Since
    Feb 2008
    Apr 13, 2008, 3:27 PM - Re: Brian BigWater99 Rohlan Dyre Helmet Unveiling. #2

And here are some back dated pics, one of his sculpt and one of the concept drawings for the two helmets.

In this concept drawing the Harvey Tolibao is on the left, the Brian Ching is on the right.

And here is what it looked like when he was in the sculpting phases of the project!

Alexis Dority
    on behalf of her friend BW99
    *smiles*
    Apr 13, 2008, 4:43 PM - Re: Brian BigWater99 Rohlan Dyre Helmet Unveiling. #3

Looking pretty good! I did that concept sketch (heavily leveraging the original artwork of course), which was posted this thread:

http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/showthread.php?t=21312

Nice to see your friend is trying both designs.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rohlan.gif 
Views:	645 
Size:	12.0 KB 
ID:	23934  
  4. Member Since
    Feb 2008
    Apr 13, 2008, 7:30 PM - Re: Brian BigWater99 Rohlan Dyre Helmet Unveiling. #4

I did not know you did the concept sketches, he never mentioned where he got them, glad to meet the original artist!

Good work and nice to see he did it justice, the respirators are being molded and cast tonight, I will post pics of the finished helm when he sends some to me.

Alexis
    *smiles*
  5. Member Since
    Feb 2008
    Apr 13, 2008, 7:35 PM - Re: Brian BigWater99 Rohlan Dyre Helmet Unveiling. #5

More news both good and bad.

The Tolibao will be cast this week, I did not get the type of visor he uses but if you get a kit you can ask for either dark or green. The greebles will be cast and finished and added to the painted one tonight. The great news is these are not resin, they are fiberglass, that's right 3 layers thick of glass! His exact words were, this thing is tough, you could probably toss it against the wall for battle damage though i don't suggest it.

Now the bad, kits are going to be $175 considering it is triple layer glass. Thats a good price for a heavy duty helm kit and it will come with your choice of visor color. Now the fully airbrush finished ones will be a bit more and he has asked I do not quote a price on those until he is sure of what he wants. His list is growing so the sooner they are ordered the better, anyone with a genuine interest should PM me for details on how to contact him.

Alexis
    *smiles*
  6. Member Since
    Feb 2008
    Apr 15, 2008, 2:32 PM - Re: Brian BigWater99 Rohlan Dyre Helmet Unveiling. #6

Okie dokie here are the pics with the respirators added.

And the respirators screw off for ease of storage and transport

If anyone would like Brian's contact info please PM me for more info.

Allora
    *briikase*
  7. Apr 22, 2008, 4:01 AM - Re: Brian BigWater99 Rohlan Dyre Helmet Unveiling. #7

any pics of the Tolibao version?
  8. Member Since
    Feb 2008
    Apr 27, 2008, 5:56 PM - Re: Brian BigWater99 Rohlan Dyre Helmet Unveiling. #8

As soon as I get them they will be posted. I am supposed to get them early this week.

Alexis
    *smiles*
  9. Member Since
    Jul 2013
    Apr 18, 2014, 3:26 AM - Re: Brian BigWater99 Rohlan Dyre Helmet Unveiling. #9

Quote Cailieg said: View Post
    Okie dokie here are the pics with the respirators added.

And the respirators screw off for ease of storage and transport

If anyone would like Brian's contact info please PM me for more info.

Allora
    *briikase*
    Hi I am very keen on getting my hands on one or both of these helmets pls email me or pm me when this reaves you thank you