Subscribe
  1. May 13, 2010, 6:36 PM - Boba Fett's granddaughter- Mirta Gev #1

Hey everyone! I am new here, though I've been lurking for a while. lol. I've dabbled in costuming in the past (mainly Slave Leia) I have been wanting for a long time to have some sort of female mandalorian armor. I thought for a while about doing a female version of boba fett, but now I'm thinking of doing a Mirta Gev costume.

These are the pictures I am basing my costume off, primarily:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mandalorian_wedding.jpg 
Views:	5980 
Size:	263.8 KB 
ID:	43732 , Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MirtaGevUnfinished.jpg 
Views:	6612 
Size:	319.5 KB 
ID:	43733

I did a sketch today of the costume, with a lot of details in my head. Excuse the sucky drawing.

Name:	gifsmaller.jpg 
Views:	2799 
Size:	130.6 KB 
ID:	43734

ARMOR
    This is my first time actually making mando armor, so I expect it to be bad. But oh well. I have two plans of attack right now and I am going to see which one works better.

While looking around the interwebs, I found this tutorial. I bought some 1/8th inch Sintra plastic, but haven't gotten around to testing out the molding process. The problem is, I don't have a cast of myself or a good mannequin to mold it to. Has anyone every tried molding it to themselves? With the help of someone else. Am I retarded and going to burn myself? lol. Anyway, I was going to try that out and see how it goes.

My second plan is a simpler one, but I might not be able to get what I want out of it. Somewhere on this forum, someone suggested taking mannequins like these:

Name:	IMG_1069.jpg 
Views:	3580 
Size:	68.0 KB 
ID:	43735
    And cutting the armor out of them like so. I have ordered a couple of these, because they were pretty cheap. They will probably get in next week and I'll try these out too. Has anyone actually done this before? What did you use to cut the plastic? Also, how did they turn out?

I know that there is a guy out there (Rotton) that makes female mando armor, but for one thing I'm not sure if he is making them at the moment. And for another, I kind of want to make the whole thing from scratch just so I'll have more pride in it.

HELMET
    For the helmet, I'm planning doing what the earlier tutorial I posted suggested and modifying a don post helmet. I've also looked around and they seem a tad smaller, which would be good because I am short.

JUMPSUIT
    Well, honestly, I want this costume to somehow turn out sexy so I'm thinking of just getting close fitting gray leggings and a tight gray long sleeve shirt. Would you guys think that would look strange? It not being baggy and all.

BOOTS
    Well, I am pretty short. A 5' 3" mandalorian might look kind of strange, so even though its not what I think the character might really wear, I'm looking for some sort of black/combat/platform/wedges. Probably will be hard to find, but I'm going to try.

This is all I really have thought out so far. And all I've really done is think about this. But I will update as I progress! I am shooting to have it done by celebration V, but I am working full time. At least I'm not taking classes right now!

Any input or help would be great! I feel like I've read most of the threads here on making female mando armor, but there might have been something I missed. I will definitely be asking a lot of questions
  2. I helped at SDCC '08 NovallTalon's Avatar
    May 13, 2010, 9:02 PM - Re: Boba Fett's granddaughter- Mirta Gev #2

Mandalorian Mercs Female Armor board

Go take a look there. There are lots of helpful ladies who have scratch built armor, used mannequin parts, and we have one lady that does female metal armor by commission.

For your helmet, I would shy away from the DP helmet and go with a Rubies Jango Delux 1 piece. Much better looking helmet for the money. Your jumpsuit does not need to be baggy. My girlfriend uses a gray 1 piece track suit for her jumpsuit and it's somewhat form-fitting. Also, 5'3" isn't all that short when you consider Jango was only 5'6" (Tem Morrison's height). But many girls tend to use platforms to gain some height.
  3. Formely Jaing Skirata A'den Skirata's Avatar
    May 13, 2010, 11:04 PM - Re: Boba Fett's granddaughter- Mirta Gev #3

very cool! novall beat me to the punch. we have a girl at mercs that did mirta's gray armor. i also agree about the helmet. at 5'03", a don post 95 boba fett will make you look like a bobblehead. a 1 piece jango rubies or even a 2piece jango rubies (which takes more work but is a better helmet) would be the way to go.
  4. May 14, 2010, 12:03 AM - Re: Boba Fett's granddaughter- Mirta Gev #4

Thanks so much guys! Very helpful!
  5. May 15, 2010, 4:14 AM - Re: Boba Fett's granddaughter- Mirta Gev #5

Welcome to TDH! Look forward to your mando progress will be keeping a eye on the updates!
    May 15, 2010, 10:32 AM - Re: Boba Fett's granddaughter- Mirta Gev #6

First of all, I was always under the impression that marriage pic was of Dred Priest and Rav Bralor. I may be wrong though.

Good luck on your armor at any rate. Can't wait to see what you come up with.
  7. Formely Jaing Skirata A'den Skirata's Avatar
    May 15, 2010, 11:06 AM - Re: Boba Fett's granddaughter- Mirta Gev #7

Nope, it's actually unnamed artwork. However, the artwork matches up to the descriptions of what Ghez Orade and Mirta Gev wore to their wedding in the books.
    May 15, 2010, 12:42 PM - Re: Boba Fett's granddaughter- Mirta Gev #8

Hmm. Second box set down:

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=...26tbs%3Disch:1

The books described Dred in red and Isebet in yellow. (KT's 501st, specifically)
    May 15, 2010, 4:51 PM - Re: Boba Fett's granddaughter- Mirta Gev #9

Quote Muad'Dib said: View Post
    First of all, I was always under the impression that marriage pic was of Dred Priest and Rav Bralor. I may be wrong though.
    Quote Muad'Dib said: View Post
    Hmm. Second box set down:

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=...26tbs%3Disch:1

The books described Dred in red and Isebet in yellow. (KT's 501st, specifically)
    lol! you had me in a serious double take with the "Dred and Rav" in the first part.

I agree with A'den S. though, I was under the assumption that this was Ghez and Mitra...
    May 15, 2010, 5:45 PM - Re: Boba Fett's granddaughter- Mirta Gev #10

Yeah, I meant to say Isabet. LOL!
    I still say I'm pretty sure there is a written example of it being Dred and ISABET, though.
    Last edited by Muad'Dib; May 15, 2010 at 6:09 PM.
    May 17, 2010, 11:12 PM - Re: Boba Fett's granddaughter- Mirta Gev #11

awesome! will be watching this with great interest!
  12. Member Since
    Apr 2010
    May 24, 2010, 9:04 PM - Re: Boba Fett's granddaughter- Mirta Gev #12

Don't worry about the drawings, mando sister. Those look alot better than anything I could draw.

I hope to see this suit soon, I thought Mirta was a cool character ever since I read the Legacy of the Force series.

Christopher
  13. Member Since
    Sep 2010
    Oct 10, 2010, 2:42 PM - Re: Boba Fett's granddaughter- Mirta Gev #13

Hi, any updates?
    Nov 14, 2010, 5:31 PM - Re: Boba Fett's granddaughter- Mirta Gev #14

I'm looking forward to hearing about and seeing more development on this project. I'd like to do my wife up as Mirta Gev, and myself as Ghes Orade (because it just makes sense). Does anybody have any reliable source images for either of them besides that image of their wedding? I've been unable to find anything below-the-knees or behind-the-back for either of them. Should I just use my imagination? :P
  15. High Speed Low Drag Fett 4 Real's Avatar
    Nov 14, 2010, 5:43 PM - Re: Boba Fett's granddaughter- Mirta Gev #15

she hasnt even been on the forum in 3 months guys I dont think shes gonna update at all
  16. Member Since
    Nov 2009
    Nov 15, 2010, 3:09 AM - Re: Boba Fett's granddaughter- Mirta Gev #16

Hush fett4real......... She just might.... Give her sometime....... Although
    That photo is of Mirta Gev and Ghes Orade,wookieepedia says so