Subscribe
    Dec 1, 2010, 12:17 PM - Blaster Build #1

Hey this is my first build thread so please excuse the bad pictures, but non-the-less here is my first Si-Fi Blaster.

I found this broken water gun at a thrift store
    hni_0087-jpg

I started by unscrewing the gun so I can reach inside it and take out the non-functioning water pump and tubes. I also removed the water bottle, the little green ball in the center and the purple pump guard and water squirt guard, but I'll use the purple gaurds later.
    hni_0090-jpg

I wanted something that kind of looked like the clone trooper blaster so I took off the two mounts for the bottle and water squirt thing leaving the main bulk of the gun.
    hni_0091-jpg

Lucky for me the pump guard fit perfectly inside the other purple guard, so I glued them together to making the new business end of the gun.
    hni_0092-jpghni_0094-jpghni_0097-jpghni_0100-jpg

Well now I have two ugly gaps in the top of where the mounts used to be. So I sanded them smooth and even and filled them with foam and let that set. Then I shaved the foam off so it was just a little below flush.
    hni_0003-jpghni_0005-jpg

The foam was just to fill the gaps, so in order to paint it I had to cover these foam spots in Vinyl Spackling. And then sanded it down till it was flush with the area around it.
    hni_0011-jpg hni_0009-jpg

While I still had the spackling out I filled in all the holes for access to the screws on the other side.
    hni_0013-jpg

Once all that set, I could finally start painting it. I did lack of primer so just went straight for the silver.
    hni_0024-jpghni_0026-jpg

To complete it I weathered it a little with a scratch here and there and a light coat of flat black in some spots. For a little personal added coolness I put friction tape in a existing pattern on the handle.
    hni_0031-jpghni_0032-jpg

Thanks for reading, and please tell me how I did on the Blaster, and the post.
  2. Become a member for 90 days and create 50 posts and you won't see these ads.Register now!
    Dec 3, 2010, 2:32 AM - Re: Blaster Build #2

Not bad.
    Dec 7, 2010, 12:00 AM - Re: Blaster Build #3

Not bad at all
    Dec 12, 2010, 6:23 PM - Re: Blaster Build #4

Thanks a lot guys! It means a lot to me, that my first posted build thread didn't turn out to bad.
    Dec 12, 2010, 7:00 PM - Re: Blaster Build #5

Looks like a pretty decent sidearm to me.
    It might not look so bad with a slightly shortened scope, like Fett's damaged ROTJ one, on top either.
    Dec 15, 2010, 5:34 PM - Re: Blaster Build #6

Thank you Muad'Dib. I actually stopped the build for a day because I couldn't decide if I wanted to leave that part on top. I decided not to have it for three main reasons.
    One: I wanted some gun that vaguely resembled the clones DC-15 blaster.
    Two: I want to try to make my own holster for it so having the less stuff sticking out that isn't necessary the easier it will be to make the holster.
    Three: Leaving it on as a short scope I thought it would look to reminiscent of the water gun I used to make it.
    Thanks for your thoughts though.