Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Subscribe
    Mar 16, 2006, 6:36 PM - any recommendations on a good blaster or rifle for a custom mando? #1

Hello guys. still the same situation for me. awaiting my gauntlets to arrive, going to restart on the helmet, and if the army surplus store does not have my flightsuit in soon, I'm going to say the hell with it and order one. So... aside from the helmet, I want a good rifle or blaster for my custom mando.
    I was thinking of this one

of course, I'm open for advice. just a simple blaster or rifle.
    what do you guys think?
    Mar 22, 2006, 8:34 PM - Re: any recommendations on a good blaster or rifle for a custom mando? #2

instead of the first one, I'm thinking of ordering 2 sets of one of the smaller blasters I circled, and maybe the big one too. Wasn't the big Blaster in Battlefront? (I haven't played Battlefront 2 yet)
  3. Member Since
    Jul 2005
    Mar 22, 2006, 9:24 PM - Re: any recommendations on a good blaster or rifle for a custom mando? #3

Kinda. The big blaster is a Lewis Gun. It's one of the BFGs carried by the Sandtroopers in ANH. I think the pilot's gun in Battle Front is based on it. The two others are DL44's. The one under the barell of the EE-3 is an ANH version and the one under the stock is an ESB version (I think, don't know the ESB from the RotJ well enough).

If you don't mind a hardware alternative of the Lewis, ask your garrison mates, there's enough TDs there that someone can probably help you.
    Mar 22, 2006, 9:41 PM - Re: any recommendations on a good blaster or rifle for a custom mando? #4

have you thought of maybe a rifle similar to Zam's sniper?

I want to try making a super Accurate Zam when I get back from basic.
    Mar 22, 2006, 11:13 PM - Re: any recommendations on a good blaster or rifle for a custom mando? #5

after I'm done with my custom mando, I want a gun that I can use for if I become a Tie Pilot too. it's been a while so I can't remember that good, yet I think when I played Battlefront as a Tie pilot, the Tie pilot had the Lewis gun. I am still unsure as to a Tie pilot or Guard. I'll make that decision when the time comes I guess
    Last edited by InfraFett; Mar 22, 2006 at 11:18 PM.
    Mar 23, 2006, 9:16 AM - Re: any recommendations on a good blaster or rifle for a custom mando? #6

I always thought that Zuckuss' blaster would be a great take on a custom Mando's weapon(Merr-Sonn GRS-1 Snare Rifle).

You don't see it very often, like the DL-44's, the Lewis, the EE-3's, or even the Pre-pro Sling gun.

Just my opinion.
    http://starwars.wikicities.com/image...Insect_Guy.jpg
    Mar 23, 2006, 10:16 AM - Re: any recommendations on a good blaster or rifle for a custom mando? #7

Quote InfraFett said:

I say, go with the double blasters. It always looks cooler to lose one then pull out a twin.

BTW, what are those sabers priced at?
    Mar 23, 2006, 11:02 AM - Re: any recommendations on a good blaster or rifle for a custom mando? #8

For my custom Mando, I took one of those pellet guns (like $20 from a sporting goods store). Cut the barrel, did a little painting and it works for me.

Since it is still half pellet - it does have some weight (like 3-4 pounds).

I added a $5.00 scope from WalMart to give it that "EE-3" feel.
    Mar 23, 2006, 11:18 AM - Re: any recommendations on a good blaster or rifle for a custom mando? #9

I'm not good at making custom guns. And I'd rather find an old trashed up pellet gun or something like that, that has seen better days and perhaps work with it then. I'm going to order the ANH blasters though.

hopefull fett, PM sent
    Mar 23, 2006, 2:59 PM - Re: any recommendations on a good blaster or rifle for a custom mando? #10

I went to a Salvation Army store and found some a toy laser tag style gun. Along with some plumbing area greeblies I made a nice blaster. I think I'm going to use an old (1991ish) watergun rifle I still have because it has a nice look to it.
    Heck, take some PVC pipe and some pieces and make one up yourself, thats still one of my options)
    The more imaginative the better
    Mar 24, 2006, 2:42 PM - Re: any recommendations on a good blaster or rifle for a custom mando? #11

My custom Mandalorian, Protector Cade carries a heavily modified old Paintball gun...

-Rex
    Mar 25, 2006, 11:04 AM - Re: any recommendations on a good blaster or rifle for a custom mando? #12

Why not get a toy, a nerf or a soft air gun and modify it? It's got to be better then carrying a DL44 that whilst cool everyone will go "look! that's Han's gun!".
    You can even modify existing Star Wars blasters! As seen here:

http://p201.ezboard.com/fmandalorian...picID=72.topic

You're doing a custom, why not do custom blasters to go with it?
    Mar 25, 2006, 11:25 AM - Re: any recommendations on a good blaster or rifle for a custom mando? #13

good point. Still, I've tried making one before. I carved the handles and the stock, and even tried using the handle of a garden hose. It didn't turn out good. I'll think more on that custom idea now
    Mar 25, 2006, 11:29 AM - Re: any recommendations on a good blaster or rifle for a custom mando? #14

I'm going to duplicate a replica flintlock pistol for mine, have one under each shoulder ala 007.
    Mar 25, 2006, 1:43 PM - Re: any recommendations on a good blaster or rifle for a custom mando? #15

Quote InfraFett said:

instead of the first one, I'm thinking of ordering 2 sets of one of the smaller blasters I circled, and maybe the big one too. Wasn't the big Blaster in Battlefront? (I haven't played Battlefront 2 yet)
    the big gun looks like an EMP launcher carried by jet troopers in Star Wars: Battlefront 2.
    Mar 25, 2006, 3:38 PM - Re: any recommendations on a good blaster or rifle for a custom mando? #16

There's nothing wrong with using an already established weapon like the Sandtrooper's Lewis as long as you have a cool backstory when people ask you why do you have that gun. Something like "I took this off a dead sandtrooper, he just wasn't dead when I asked him for it"
    Apr 6, 2006, 8:04 PM - Re: any recommendations on a good blaster or rifle for a custom mando? #17

I built this EE3 from a toy lightsaber and a 1 dollar pistol.

18. Member Since
    Apr 2006
    Apr 8, 2006, 7:06 AM - Re: any recommendations on a good blaster or rifle for a custom mando? #18

Apr 8, 2006, 11:16 AM - Re: any recommendations on a good blaster or rifle for a custom mando? #19

And I did this to make my Jodo Kast blaster:

http://p201.ezboard.com/fmandalorian...picID=55.topic
  20. Member Since
    Jul 2005
    Apr 8, 2006, 1:24 PM - Re: any recommendations on a good blaster or rifle for a custom mando? #20

With a little work some of the Nerf dart guns can be made into pretty nice looking blasters.

Finished PM-30 assault blaster.

Or how about Fixing up a droid blaster?

Lots of these toy guns and other common items can be made into effective looking blasters with a little imagination and some work.
  21. formerly joNich
    Apr 8, 2006, 10:43 PM - Re: any recommendations on a good blaster or rifle for a custom mando? #21

My Nerf gun

PM-20
    Apr 11, 2006, 2:54 PM - Re: any recommendations on a good blaster or rifle for a custom mando? #22

I love that nerf gun!
    Apr 20, 2006, 12:04 AM - Re: any recommendations on a good blaster or rifle for a custom mando? #23

This is mine

Real Action Markers T-68 Commando paintball gun with added 40mm Launcher and Red Dot Site.
  24. May 3, 2006, 10:41 PM - Re: any recommendations on a good blaster or rifle for a custom mando? #24

My blaster rifle and sidearm began their lives as a soft-air rifle and a Nintendo Zapper.
  25. Member Since
    Nov 2006
    Dec 2, 2006, 2:59 PM - Re: any recommendations on a good blaster or rifle for a custom mando? #25

Check out this thread, there are a few softair bb guns that seem like they could be turned into pretty good looking blasters
    http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/showt...d=1#post216919