My Niece doesnt have a Halloween costume. She was buggin me about one.
So I decided to make her one.
I was gonna use this helmet as a cast for junior size Fett helmets, but instead will scale down my replica fett helmet for lil kids and teens.
Sooooo, I am gonna post pics and progress reports for her costume.
Basically, the vacuform master piece is what I am gonna use for this. As I will completely redo the vacuform master piece for accuracy purposes.
My money is VERY low, and my main tool is broke down.
So this will be the best I can do by Halloween for her.
Using cardboard, bondo and water based paint.
Thats the start.... Already around but will be modified greatly.
SO.... here goes nothin...
Well, here's where I am at:
I am using cardboard for the armor, then will cover it with cerial box cardboard to smooth it out. I have the night off and all day tomorrow to work on it. So here goes!!!
Please god, I will have pics of this completed and not looking like it was slapped together in about 20 hours, lol
NOT TO BUMP: 3 HOURS LATER:
Here's where I am at now...
I decided to cut some foam I had for her pouches.
^^^Oh, I also painted the green water gun silver and distressed it.
Then covered them in black fabric I had lying around. I then painted them with alot of white. Hey, it actually kinda worked.
Next step I will paint them brown and then distress them and do a lil kit bashing to add buttons on them....
I covered the chest armor with cerial box's, to smooth it out, then I damaged it with a knife.
I added cerial box like pizza cardboard to the brow and then filled it in with bondo, that way I can just use the half sheet of rough sand paper as I dont have my drumel.
Then I added damage it.
I cut up an empty 2 liter bottle of soda and used that as her visor.
I will post more picks later today when I am finished her back plat and gauntlets. Then the final costume. I think I will make it white, purple and lavander. I gotta hurry though.
Please dont move this thread, this is the only website it is on. It will be finished later today.
The pouches came out ok. I used umm.. tire thingys from a model kit for button snaps, they dont really open. and distressed them.
Here's her backplate and two gauntlets. The one gauntlet is covered with Cereal cardboard, gotta do it to the backplate and second gauntlet, then kit bash em.
I'm tired. And getting cranky : ( I'm almost there, sorta.