What does fettpride owe you?

Account Deactivated

What does fettpride owe you?

Since fettpride's "GMH Helmet" sale thread in the Cargo Hold has been "cleaned up" to remove any trace of disgruntled buyers, I wanted to start a new thread to see who else is owed things from fettpride. Whatever it is, please post up here.

I say "who else" because I too, am owed parts from Chris.

Most of the interaction between Chris and myself was done by phone so I don't have any record of what went down, nor how many times I have poked and prodded him to get my stuff out to me. There were many excuses given and promises made over these last 18 months or so.
    We have since parted ways and are now on very unfriendly terms. That is very unfortunate and not what either of us wanted to happen.

My story is a long one with many details that have been clouded over time, please bear with me.
    IF ANYTHING IS INCORRECT, PLEASE TELL ME!

Here is a timeline I made up to better illustrate the length of time we are talking about.

ARMOR set #1 (green)
    I bought the parts for my personal costume way back in Jun 2010. I can't recall exactly when they arrived but I'm pretty sure it was before Aug 2010 Because of the date stamp on my armor pics says so.
    The armor was badly Orangepeeled due to the source material being poor. I discussed this at length with Chris and we agreed to return it for replacement. I mailed it back to him in late Oct/ early Nov.

I'm not sure when the replacement armor came back to me since I didn't take new pics and my text messages are long since deleted.
    I did send that armor out to DarthMiller in August 2011 as a favor to Chris since he owed Darthmiller a set of armor and was behind. I was ok with waiting for a replacement set from fettpride . Mainly because fettpride offered to make the replacement armor out of Fiberglass for me since I helped him out with Darthmiller.
    I still do not have that armor.

Gauntlet kit #1 (green)
    This kit was very nice and made of fiberglass. I really liked that kit. However, I did sell that kit in August 2010 (right after I received it) to another member . I did this because FP said he was making a newer, better version of the gauntlets and I love newer/better stuff. He also allowed me to keep the money I got from selling the 1st set because we were friends and I needed the money. He said that he would make me another set out of Fiberglass and send them out.
    I still do not have those gauntlets.

Helmet #1 (green)
    I bought the GMH from fettpride . He also sent me an MR Premium helmet as a Christmas gift in December 2010 since we were friends.
    I still have both of these 2 helmets.

Helmet #2 , gauntlets #2, and armor #2 (purple)
    In late September 2011 I received a commission for a complete costume on a mannequin. I had a 6 month timeframe for completion and contacted fettpride for a helmet, armor, and gauntlets since I had to have top quality parts for this job. I paid him in early October 2011 (as soon as I received partial payment from the commission). fettpride assured me that I would have the items in plenty of time to complete the job by April 2012.
    The armor, helmet, and gauntlets finally arrived in January 2012 after contacting fettpride about the order. the gauntlets were missing the bottom piece on the flamethrower. He did include a set of RF lights and a few odds and ends to make up for the late shipment.
    I still do not have that piece for the flamethrower.

That all being said, here's is what is still outstanding from fettpride:
    1. Full set of fiberglass armor
    2. Full set of fiberglass gauntlets
    3. Bottom piece to the gauntlet flamethrower.

Re: What does fettpride owe you?

I paid for a nemrod holster early January, messaged him early February, and he said it wouldnt be much longer. I havent been able to get a hold of him since...

AMBrown - my apologies for the delayed response brother. Your order is within my normal business parameters (6-8 weeks), and us due to ship. I've just not been able to get quite caught up on my personal messages.

Nathan - I'm not going to get into the bones of our personal arrangements here openly as you have and have clearly illustrated (literally). You know as well as I do that we settled this just last week over txt messages. This is clearly a very personally vindictive gesture.

But I will address you anyway, as brief as i can :

First and foremost, there has been nothing shoved under any rugs. The original GMH thread that you were referring to, was restored. One post omitted because it, like yours, was of a personal nature and not related to the business contained in that thread.

My business :

It is not a secret that I am behind on my back orders. Which I've outlined in several threads as of late. It can clearly be seen in my GMH thread, that I am fulfilling my commitments to folks, and on a pretty big scale. Beyond the GMH thread, there are several folks that I have business with dating back to 2009 for several reasons and circumstances, none of which are your business or anyone else's. Just like "our" business together, is noone's business. None of this is a secret though. There have been member's that have been in touch with the administration because of it. And I assure you, I am not the only maker that this happens to on a fairly regular basis. It sort of goes with the territory. My mistake over other vendors, is being part of the family and actually making friends. At least I thought so. I'm proven wrong around every corner.

By your starting a thread like this, you're calling on all individuals such as yourself that feel wronged for various reasons, to join you in an effort to inflict damage to me, my name, and my reputation, and possibly even retard future business and sales for me. A very obvious call out for a witch hunt.

What you may be neglecting to realize in this attempt, is that it does fall flat when I have no issue in responding publicly with the truth, that I am indeed behind on my orders. Also, for various reasons. My customers know it, I know it, the administration knows it. What you're really doing here is hindering the natural order of things, by trying to make things more difficult for me during my time of "catch up" for folks with this seemingly personal attack. My business is my business. And it is my right to conduct the business I have with folks privately. Between buyer and seller. If such business reaches a point where there is potential for criminal liability, or if the administration feels that I'm a flight risk for one reason or another, threads like this could be prudent. However, I've not given that indication to the administration apparently? I have shown that I am on the job and fulfilling my obligations to folks. Albeit it seemingly slow at first, results are being posted publicly. Why should you have the right to circumvent this? Because two former friends had a falling out, after having a personal understanding followed by a very personal misunderstanding ?

What this sort of thing does historically, is impose a fight or flight mentality on the vendor. I'm not going to succumb to either, Nathan. I am fulfilling my obligations to folks. And will continue to do so. In spite of this thread. Not because of it.

You well know, that there are at least one or two "other" vendors that have owed you in business here (non friendship related) for FAR longer than I . And you've not called for a witch hunt for them. What you're doing appears spiteful. Don't think I haven't noticed your new signature too. What you're really doing here, is promoting school yard adolescence by force feeding personal drama to the community that no one really wants or has the time to entertain. There are some, that may feel personally vested or obligated to respond - mainly because your post would insinuate that "fettpride" is MIA (possibly ran off with folks hard earned money) or denying responsibility and therefore needs to be called out. But that is not the case here. And everyone knows it. Everyone. It wouldn't matter if they'd been under a rock for the last 18 months.

In conclusion, yes. I am behind on my orders, and am doing everything reasonably and humanly possible to rectify this for folks as soon as possible so that the air can be cleared and everyone can move onto better things. I'm here, as well as other threads , adressing issues like this head on - letting folks know that no one is running away from obligations and responsibilities. If members choose to contribute to this thread, that is their prerogative. But this couldn't be a more counter productive path, for everyone.

Chris
    Last edited by fettpride; Mar 12, 2012 at 2:03 AM.

High Speed Low Drag Fett 4 Real's Avatar
    From
    USAF Utah

I thought it was public knowledge...http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/f31/g...6/index46.html that FP was backed up. He admitted to being backed up...is trying to get caught up. I know what its like to get backed up on things and I know you can too Nathan. Hopefully you two can hash things out your both great guys and shouldnt have to have and issues with eachother. Chris can take a while but in the end its worth the wait...and sometimes there isnt waiting to be had with clients. If thats the case you should take into account this and express they may need to be flexible or settle for a different route as far as armor goes. For what its worth Ive been waiting on things my panties arent in a bunch and WE ALL KNOW there are other people its not going to change that hes coming through for them. It just separating you two further...and why do that?

I didnt mean to stumble into any personal issues...Sorry FP if it seems like I am being crass. I just hadnt heard an update in a while and thought something might be wrong. I have faith that you will catch up and get everyones orders out to them. Thanks for the update!

From
    Mississippi

Fett 4 Real said: View Post
    I thought it was public knowledge...http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/f31/g...6/index46.html that FP was backed up. He admitted to being backed up...is trying to get caught up. I know what its like to get backed up on things and I know you can too Nathan. Hopefully you two can hash things out your both great guys and shouldnt have to have and issues with eachother. Chris can take a while but in the end its worth the wait...and sometimes there isnt waiting to be had with clients. If thats the case you should take into account this and express they may need to be flexible or settle for a different route as far as armor goes. For what its worth Ive been waiting on things my panties arent in a bunch and WE ALL KNOW there are other people its not going to change that hes coming through for them. It just separating you two further...and why do that?

Perhaps I have the good fortune to not be jaded by any prior unfortunate circumstances regardless, I will forever be impressed by the level of expertise Chris has in bringing Boba Fett to life. No one can ever take that away from him and for however useless it is, he has my support...unconditionally.

In short <3 Chris

Account Deactivated

fettpride said: View Post
    Nathan - I'm not going to get into the bones of our personal arrangements here openly as you have and have clearly illustrated (literally).
    Then can we get into the bones of our BUSINESS arrangements?

You know as well as I do that we settled this just last week over txt messages. This is clearly a very personally vindictive gesture.
    Nothing was settled last week. Our text conversation consisted of you chastising me for not supporting you and telling me you are done with TDH and how the admins didn't support you either. How they could have bailed you out and how it was a "TDH sanctioned joint effort" that they left you hanging to make excuse after excuse.
    You also went into a tirade about "walking in your shoes" which ultimately lead to you telling me "F**k you Nathan, seriously"
    Is that the part where we settled it?
    It's not vindictive. What would I possibly be trying to get revenge for? I told you that i knew you were stressed and wouldn't take your rantings to heart.

But I will address you anyway, as brief as i can :

First and foremost, there has been nothing shoved under any rugs. The original GMH thread that you were referring to, was restored. One post omitted because it, like yours, was of a personal nature and not related to the business contained in that thread.
    My post is not personal, it's business.

By your starting a thread like this, you're calling on all individuals such as yourself that feel wronged for various reasons, to join you in an effort to inflict damage to me, my name, and my reputation, and possibly even retard future business and sales for me. A very obvious call out for a witch hunt.
    It's not a "witch-hunt" and I'm not trying to inflict damage on your already tarnished reputation.
    I'm trying to show people what to expect (and not expect) from you. I'm trying to make it public knowledge that you are not able to fulfill your orders in a timely fashion. My Timeline clearly indicates that.

What you may be neglecting to realize in this attempt, is that it does fall flat when I have no issue in responding publicly with the truth, that I am indeed behind on my orders. Also, for various reasons. My customers know it, I know it, the administration knows it. What you're really doing here is hindering the natural order of things, by trying to make things more difficult for me during my time of "catch up" for folks with this seemingly personal attack.
    That's just it, not everyone knows HOW FAR BEHIND you actually are. The administration is becoming aware of it because people are stepping up and voicing their displeasure.
    What natural order?
    The traditional natural order of business goes like this: the customer pays for an item, the seller sends that item to the customer.
    That's the "Natural Order". It is not : The customer pays for an item, The seller doesn't ship for many months then gets pissy and indignant if the customer asks what the problem is and then offers up excuse after excuse.
    Or maybe that is the natural order and I'm confused.

My business is my business. And it is my right to conduct the business I have with folks privately. Between buyer and seller. If such business reaches a point where there is potential for criminal liability, or if the administration feels that I'm a flight risk for one reason or another, threads like this could be prudent. However, I've not given that indication to the administration apparently? I have shown that I am on the job and fulfilling my obligations to folks. Albeit it seemingly slow at first, results are being posted publicly. Why should you have the right to circumvent this? Because two former friends had a falling out, after having a personal understanding followed by a very personal misunderstanding ?
    You do have the right to conduct your business as you see fit, however, this is also my business (since I have enterede in to a business transaction with you) and I have the right to question your ethics publicly on a forum in which you conduct that business.
    The falling out we had is not because of another other than that transaction. It is purely business. I have no issue with you as a person (or a friend) aside from the business relationship we have.
    You well know, that there are at least one or two "other" vendors that have owed you in business here (non friendship related) for FAR longer than I . And you've not called for a witch hunt for them. What you're doing appears spiteful. Don't think I haven't noticed your new signature too. What you're really doing here, is promoting school yard adolescence by force feeding personal drama to the community that no one really wants or has the time to entertain. There are some, that may feel personally vested or obligated to respond - mainly because your post would insinuate that "fettpride" is MIA (possibly ran off with folks hard earned money) or denying responsibility and therefore needs to be called out. But that is not the case here. And everyone knows it. Everyone. It wouldn't matter if they'd been under a rock for the last 18 months.
    The other two members were , in fact, addressed in this thread:
    http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/f22/t...omplain-43420/
    The difference here is that those two did not involve actual sales and no money changed hands. I sought the forum's advice on the situation and took the action that was most prudent (since I am not out any money) which was to give up on those sellers and write them off as untrustworthy and never do business with them in the future.
    I'm not insinuating that you are MIA, I am flat out saying that you are not fulfilling your obligations in a timely manner.

Account Deactivated

Now, on to this post:
    I thought it was public knowledge...http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/f31/g...6/index46.html that FP was backed up. He admitted to being backed up...is trying to get caught up. I know what its like to get backed up on things and I know you can too Nathan.
    Backed up implies that you are a couple weeks or months behind at best. fettpride is over a year behind on some orders.

Hopefully you two can hash things out your both great guys and shouldnt have to have and issues with eachother. Chris can take a while but in the end its worth the wait...and sometimes there isnt waiting to be had with clients. If thats the case you should take into account this and express they may need to be flexible or settle for a different route as far as armor goes.
    You are correct, we shouldn't have issues with each other. But we do.
    The issue is that I have waited too long for Chris to send my stuff to me.

For what its worth Ive been waiting on things my panties arent in a bunch and WE ALL KNOW there are other people its not going to change that hes coming through for them. It just separating you two further...and why do that?
    My "panties" aren't in a bunch. I'm pissed off, and rightfully so.
    Why do we have this ideal that as long as a vendor eventually sends you what you paid for, then that is acceptable? Even if it takes months or years, as long as you finally get something then you have no right to complain. It's ridiculous.

Account Deactivated

Katzybugz said: View Post
    Perhaps I have the good fortune to not be jaded by any prior unfortunate circumstances regardless, I will forever be impressed by the level of expertise Chris has in bringing Boba Fett to life. No one can ever take that away from him and for however useless it is, he has my support...unconditionally.

In short <3 Chris
    Don't misunderstand me, I think Chris makes the very best gear out there and I have been a supporter of his work for years. I would constantly recommend his parts to anyone and everyone that asked about armor or helmets. Sadly, I cannot do that now.

You've waited too long for me to send you "your" stuff? Wait a minute. Let's analyze that "entitled" statement, Nathan? I truly hate that you're forcing me to get personal. There are no excuses being made here. This isn't about me crying to be the injured party. It's about the facts.

Your entire first post tells a tale of my doing nothing but good by you. People may be tired of reading long dramatic chapters about me, from me, from others, but people aren't blind? Have you taken a moment to read back through your post ? Now might also be a good time to check your facts. You've been really fuzzy on these facts, and self admittedly so have blamed it on your aging and not being able to remember things as clear as you used to. Let's bullet this out. I personally don't have time to concoct pretty timeline charts.

* you purchased personal parts from me in June 2010, delivered by Aug. 2010. Within my normal 6-8 week business parameters.

** The body armor was deemed defective. You sent your armor back for replacement in Nov. 2010. Your replacement armor was received right after New Year, 2011. As busy as that time of year is, you still received your replacement roughly within normal business parameters.

*** You received a GMH from me, for Christmas of 2010, as a gift from a "friend". #11 (and by my own admission, I'll now likely take heat for that when there are paying members that have still not received theirs). What you actually paid for , was a Premium kit. Both however, received within normal business parameters either way.

**** You take on a build and paint commission. You purchase a full battery of components from me.
    You tell me you have a 6 month window. I deliver your parts with 4 months to spare. Not entirely within my normal parameters, a couple of weeks late by MY standards, not your commission standards. Even after the post office hung onto your package in their system for more than 10 days for delivery. I sent you tracking and a scan of the receipt for proof. (admittedly, I left out one small component - the bottom of the left gauntlet flame thrower housing) I'm not prefect. I dispatched a replacement that you didn't receive. So I promised to send you another. I also include a $50+ dollar RF Electronics Assembly, and various other items to help you with your build. For FREE.

During all of this, we have the following conundrums ...

***** After my telling you I was in early stages of finalizing my V.4 armor, and that it would only be produced in fiberglass at first, you expressed your preference to fiberglass and I offered you an upgrade to glass (for free). You were appreciative. I asked that you send back your fresh vacuum formed armor kit, because I intended to send it to another paying customer. "You" offered to send on to someone for me. I reimbursed you for your shipping, and was appreciative. All that was asked of you in return, was to wait patiently. This was YOUR choice for accepting my generous offer. By this time, you'd had your replacement armor for months.

****** Earlier in 2010, we discussed my new gauntlets that were in production. You expressed interest and preference toward the newer version ... after you'd already had the gauntlets YOU paid for, for months. I offered to replace your kit for the updated version (when I was finished with it and ready to produce it). For FREE. You confided to me that you were in a pretty poor and precarious financial situation, and asked if it would be ok with me then, if you listed your gauntlets for sale in the meantime so you could pay some bills. Though I thought this was quite crass at the time, I said sure. Go for it. Again, all you had to do was wait until I was ready to produce. To get your second set of freebies. I am a busy man. I ran into delays, that have been hashed to death lately. It doesn't change the fact, that you entered into these "personal" arrangements with me. And benefitting from my generosity. Because you were my friend.

******* During all of this (around about the time of your first original order) you asked a favor. If I could vacuum form a set of storm trooper helmet ear caps for you. I said sure. What the hell. You sent me two vacuum form bucks for trooper ears. I didn't question what they were, where they were from, I just vac'd them for you. No questions asked. Sent you two copies and your bucks back, with your original armor order. For FREE.

******** In 2010, you confided in me, that YOUR painting business was suffering. And asked me what I could suggest. You even offered to start contracting fiberglass production for me. After a lot of chit chat, I told you you need exposure and a place to advertise and platform your works, if you were to compete. So what do I do? I built you a website, and hosted it on MY server, for two years. For FREE. While you were waiting for your new FREE goodies. After our txt exchange last week, I yanked your website and told you to host it someplace else.

********* You link to a thread you started about two other vendors that you feel have wronged you. You don't name names. You hint. But you don't name names. And then, in your very on thread, in one of your very own posts, you admit to having your facts wrong, and have to correct yourself. Just as you did via txt msg to me when you blasted me for all this. After remembering what had really happened, you apologized. Weakly. Only to follow up with a new thread asking the membership who you sold your gauntlets to, because you still felt that I was feeding you a line of **** when I corrected you. It's clear for all to see, that you've been concocting and orchestrating this for quite sometime. No, Nathan. Don't link to a thread that does nothing more than prove my point that THIS thread, couldn't be a more personal public *** chewing and not about business. If it were, it would have been formatted like the one you linked to. Anonymity was the key there. You were taken, you asked for public advice. Here, you name names, give me a another public black eye, chew on me, and spit me out. No, no. It's not personal. Where would anyone get that idea?

********** Lastly, all the parts you purchased from me, from 2009 to present ... were ridiculously discounted. Because you were my friend.

What exactly do I owe you, Nathan? Should we start adding up what you actually "owe" me? I think it's pretty clear already.

What I owe you, is what you paid for. You just stated yourself , that this is not personal. It's about business. After all the convolution aired here, what that really is, is a single set of vacuum formed armor that you sent to a customer while you waited for an improved glass version. Fiberglass armor, and shiny brand new gauntlets were arrangements made between friends. A personal arrangement. We, are no longer friends. Friends don't call to crucify their friends on a open public forum, for starters. But to be very clear here, I already told you this via txt. That I would give you exactly what you paid for. Nothing more. And one week later, there is a thread crying about your feeling wounded, making things appear to be all about business, when in reality it was nothing more than a tantrum about your not getting your way. By your doing so, you ARE affecting the way members here perceive me. Because there ARE two sides to every story. Without my long winded rebuttals, no one would know anything more than your side of the story. I don't believe I've ever met such a self absorbed human being in my entire life. And I will not deny my having told you to go **** yourself, Nathan. You threatened me in a tongue and cheek way via the same txt exchange. Anyone would have done the same. Including you, if you'd been in my position. My personal comments about being done with TDH, is being done with members like you. It sickens and saddens me, that it has come to this.

The moral of this story folks? Be extremely careful with whom you make friends with here. There is an inevitable road it leads down, to an eventual dramatic cry to bring public drama and attention to an utterly ridiculously personal situation. It's happened before, it'll happen again.

I am no one's friend. Not anymore. I am a business man. And I am taking care of my business with you folks. Behind on my orders, and fulfilling more everyday. Nearly almost done. You will of course be the judge, to what to make if all this. But THIS mess, is not business. It's more or less, a woman scorned.

Chris
    Last edited by fettpride; Mar 12, 2012 at 1:49 PM.

Account Deactivated

* you purchased personal parts from me in June 2010, delivered by Aug. 2010. Within my normal 6-8 week business parameters.
    Correct
    *The body armor was deemed defective. You sent your armor back for replacement in Nov. 2010. Your replacement armor was received right after New Year, 2011. As busy as that time of year is, you still received your replacement roughly within normal business parameters.
    Correct again
    *You received a GMH from me, for Christmas of 2010, as a gift from a "friend". #11 (and by my own admission, I'll now likely take heat for that when there are paying members that have still not received theirs). What you actually paid for , was a Premium kit. Both however, received within normal business parameters either way.
    I said that I was fuzzy about the details and did ask for corrections where I was wrong. Apparently, this is one of those cases.
    I paid for a helmet and armor from you and did receive them.
    I did offer to return the helmet to you, but you declined as you are not an "Indian Giver".

** You take on a build and paint commission. You purchase a full battery of components from me.
    You tell me you have a 6 month window. I deliver your parts with 4 months to spare. Not entirely within my normal parameters, a couple of weeks late by MY standards, not your commission standards. Even after the post office hung onto your package in their system for more than 10 days for delivery. I sent you tracking and a scan of the receipt for proof. (admittedly, I left out one small component - the bottom of the left gauntlet flame thrower housing) I'm not prefect. I dispatched a replacement that you didn't receive. So I promised to send you another. I also include a $50+ dollar RF Electronics Assembly, and various other items to help you with your build. For FREE.
    I offered to return your RF lights and the other items you sent, but you said they were sent in an effort to smooth things over.
    The only reason it was sent out was because I was badgering you about my timeframe and that I had yet to receive them. The timeframe that you assured me would be no problem. You also claimed to have mailed everything to me (including the replacement Fiberglass armor from the original deal), However, that box inadvertently went to another member who didn't say anything to you about getting it.
    I paid in Early Oct and received them in early Jan- that's 4 months. I had less than 3 months to complete the project (not 4). I did give myself an extra 1 month buffer because of slow shippers.
    I told you about the missing part on Jan 15. I then texted you on jan 23,24,25,26,& 27 asking if you had shipped. You finally responded with 'Yes!' on Jan 29. I contacted you again on Feb 16Th and asked if you had mailed the part as I still did not have it. You claimed that it too, must have gotten lost . You then told me that you would personally mail it to me that day and I would have it by Feb 18th.
    Not surprisingly, it's still hasn't arrived.

During all of this, we have the following conundrums ...

**** After my telling you I was in early stages of finalizing my V.4 armor, and that it would only be produced in fiberglass at first, you expressed your preference to fiberglass and I offered you an upgrade to glass (for free). You were appreciative. I asked that you send back your fresh vacuum formed armor kit, because I intended to send it to another paying customer. "You" offered to send on to someone for me. I reimbursed you for your shipping, and was appreciative. All that was asked of you in return, was to wait patiently. This was YOUR choice for accepting my generous offer. By this time, you'd had your replacement armor for months.
    Correct. i did offer to send it on for you because I wanted to help you out (cuz that's what friends do) I also told you not to reimburse me for the shipping, but just send my stuff to me.
    I did accept your generous offer for Fiberglass armor, which you generously offered to smooth things over for the long wait I'd had so far.
    I did agree to be patient, but my patience with you has been exhausted since it is now 8 months later and I don't have squat.

***** Earlier in 2010, we discussed my new gauntlets that were in production. You expressed interest and preference toward the newer version ... after you'd already had the gauntlets YOU paid for, for months. I offered to replace your kit for the updated version (when I was finished with it and ready to produce it). For FREE. You confided to me that you were in a pretty poor and precarious financial situation, and asked if it would be ok with me then, if you listed your gauntlets for sale in the meantime so you could pay some bills. Though I thought this was quite crass at the time, I said sure. Go for it. Again, all you had to do was wait until I was ready to produce. To get your second set of freebies. I am a busy man. I ran into delays, that have been hashed to death lately. It doesn't change the fact, that you entered into these "personal" arrangements with me. And benefitting from my generosity. Because you were my friend.
    I was in a bad situation financially, that's true and I stated that in my original post.
    I don't see what's crass about selling something I paid for, especially since I asked if it would be ok to sell them.
    You did offer to send me a set for free. Again, because we were friends and friends help each other out.
    However, that was 18 months ago and you never did make good on your generous offer. An empty offer, it would appear. Did you not mean it?

****** During all of this (around about the time of your first original order) you asked a favor. If I could vacuum form a set of storm trooper helmet ear caps for you. I said sure. What the hell. You sent me two vacuum form bucks for trooper ears. I didn't question what they were, where they were from, I just vac'd them for you. No questions asked. Sent you two copies and your bucks back, with your original armor order. For FREE.
    I did offer to pay you for those pulls, but you declined . Again, because we were friends.

******* In 2010, you confided in me, that YOUR painting business was suffering. And asked me what I could suggest. You even offered to start contracting fiberglass production for me. After a lot of chit chat, I told you you need exposure and a place to advertise and platform your works, if you were to compete. So what do I do? I built you a website, and hosted it on MY server, for two years. For FREE. While you were waiting for your new FREE goodies. After our txt exchange last week, I yanked your website and told you to host it someplace else.
    Yes, painting had slowed during that time and I did discuss it with you. You suggested I start a website like the other painters have.
    You did create the website (still unfinished when "yanked") and hosted it for me. I told you that I appreciated it.again , because we were friends.
    I also agreed to help you with producing your parts for people, for both of our benefit.
    Me- I could use a little extra cash
    You- You needed help because you were unable to keep up with demand.

******** Lastly, all the parts you purchased from me, from 2009 to present ... were ridiculously discounted. Because you were my friend.
    Right we were friends, but how ridiculously low were the discounts?
    I paid you $835 for a Premium helmet, gauntlets, and vac armor in 2011
    I paid you $515 for vac armor and gauntlets in 2010

What exactly do I owe you, Nathan? Should we start adding up what you actually "owe" me? I think it's pretty clear already.
    What do I owe you?
    I offered to send all of your "FREEBIES" back to you, but you declined. That offer is still open BTW

[QUOTE=fettpride;568143]
    What I owe you, is what you paid for. You just stated yourself , that this is not personal. It's about business. After all the convolution aired here, what that really is, is a single set of vacuum formed armor that you sent to a customer while you waited for an improved glass version. Fiberglass armor, and shiny brand new gauntlets were arrangements made between friends. A personal arrangement. We, are no longer friends. Friends don't call to crucify their friends on a open public forum, for starters. But to be very clear here, I already told you this via txt. That I would give you exactly what you paid for. Nothing more.[/QUOTE}
    It sounds like you are trying to get of an obligation that you have with me. You said that you would do something, and now you are not. That speaks volumes for your lack of character. Yes, it was an arrangement between friends- but it's still an arrangement.
    You can back out if you wish and just send the vac armor. At least I will have something in hand at that point.
    And you also have a point. friends don't "crucify" (see my signature below) each other in public. they also don't lie to each other and ignore texts,phone calls , and emails. And as I told you via text a month ago- we've been through for months.
    And one week later, there is a thread crying about you're feeling wounded, making things appear to be all about business, when in reality it was nothing more than a tantrum about your not getting your way. By your doing so, you ARE affecting the way members here perceive me.
    Good. they need to know what kind of man you are before they send money your way.

Because there ARE two sides to every story. Without my long winded rebuttals, no one would know anything more than your side of the story. I don't believe I've ever met such a self absorbed human being in my entire life.
    ]

I'm quite fine with your rebuttals. i think it's good to have this aired in public.
    I might be a little self-absorbed, but I know someone who is far worse off than me *wink wink*

And I will not deny my having told you to go **** yourself, Nathan. You threatened me in a tongue and cheek way via the same txt exchange. Anyone would have done the same. Including you, if you'd been in my position.
    I never ever threatened you in any way. post a screengrab of my threats please.

My personal comments about being done with TDH, is being done with members like you. It sickens and saddens me, that it has come to this.

The moral of this story folks? Be extremely careful with whom you make friends with here.
    I couldn't agree more.

There is an inevitable road it leads down, to an eventual dramatic cry to bring public drama and attention to an utterly ridiculously personal situation. It's happened before, it'll happen again.
    Not if you actually do what you say you will and ship in a timely manner.
    I am no one's friend. Not anymore. I am a business man. And I am taking care of my business with you folks. Behind on my orders, and fulfilling more everyday. Nearly almost done. You will of course be the judge, to what to make if all this.
    Please do handle your business, we would all very much appreciate that.

But THIS mess, is not business. It's more or less, a woman scorned.
    Charming, to the last.

Nathan, all you're proving here, is that this was always personal.

You try to make what you can to appear to be worse than it is. But really, all you've been doing is substantiating my defense. But to correct you on one of those minor points you think you got right, the fiberglass armor wasn't boxed and sent separately. I thought I included it in your box of commissioned items. In my frenzy to get it all out to you, I placed it in someone else's box. As I likely did with your gauntlet flamethrower bottom. That is my loss and my burden, because no one has actually admitted receiving extra items like that. I suppose it's par for the course. I don't know that I blame them lol But for the record, you knew what you were getting into with wait times. It was made clear from the get go, that the new version parts had to be completed and I had to be in a position to produce them, before our personal "friendship" arrangements were honored. And I've not been in a position to finish these projects entirely and see them to fruition, because I'm settling current oitstanding business with the community first. You knew that was a risk you had to take. If I had already released these items publicly, I would have been chastised by the community for taking on MORE new business before settling the old. So, that's what business men do. Obligations to paying customers supersede friendship arrangements. I told you that too. You, we're willing to wait.

I am a generally a man of my word. But this is where I draw the line. This is an exception. There are always exceptions. With anything in life. I'm not going to be bullied and blackmailed, or publicly guilted into sending you items that were free gestures between friends. It's just plain ridiculous. Been there and done that with several others in the past, and I'm absolutely done with that sort of nonsense. It's those types of members who befriend you to see what they can get out of you. Also, goes with the territory I suppose. Nathan, I'm only going to send you what you paid for. That is my professional business obligation to you. That's what was "settled" in our "private txt thread". This is what I told you I would do. Your starting this humongous dramatic spectacle only proves that you're feeling scorned, and taking it out on me publicly. Members are welocme to judge my character by what is written here. There will be those that agree with you, and those that will agree with me. This is how its always worked.

All that is discussed here, isn't a reflection of my business, or how I conduct business with folks. No, all it is, is a testement to how petty some people can actually be.

Thanks for wasting more of my production time with this nonsense.

Chris
    Last edited by fettpride; Mar 12, 2012 at 3:55 PM.

Account Deactivated

But to correct you on one of those minor points you think you got right, the fiberglass armor wasn't boxed and sent separately. I thought I included it in your box of commissioned items. In my frenzy to get it all out to you, I placed it in someone else's box. As I likely did with your gauntlet flamethrower bottom.
    Duly noted.
    Correct, like I said "However, that box inadvertently went to another member who didn't say anything to you about getting it."

But for the record, you knew what you were getting into with wait times. It was made clear from the get go, that the new version parts had to be completed and I had to be in a position to produce them, before our personal "friendship" arrangements were honored. And I've not been in a position to finish these projects entirely and see them to fruition, because I'm settling current oitstanding business with the community first. You knew that was a risk you had to take. If I had already released these items publicly, I would have been chastised by the community for taking on MORE new business before settling the old. So, that's what business men do. Obligations to paying customers supersede friendship arrangements. I told you that too. You, we're willing to wait.
    It was not made clear to me that you were going to take this long to produce them. The gauntlet time has exceeded 18 months. In that time, you have taken on other "projects" that we have yet to mention here, but you have alluded to in your GMH thread. That project is what really threw a wrench in the works, correct?
    You had an opportunity that you couldn't pass up and the "community" has had to suffer for it.
    The armor supposedly shipped out to someone else, why did you not send another set to me ?
    After all, it's been 2 months since that happened.
    I am a generally a man of my word.
    hmmm... I might take issue with that.
    But this is where I draw the line. This is an exception. There are always exceptions. With anything in life. I'm not going to be bullied and blackmailed, or publicly guilted into sending you items that were free gestures between friends. It's just plain ridiculous. Been there and done that with several others in the past, and I'm absolutely done with that sort of nonsense.
    I'm not bullying, blackmailing, nor guilting you into anything. I am merely asking you to make good on your promises.
    It's those types of members who befriend you to see what they can get out of you. Also, goes with the territory I suppose.
    Really?
    You think I befriended you so I can get stuff from you years later?
    That's ludicrous.
    I befriended you because we both had similar interests and that initial friendship was solidified a few months later when I nearly lost my wife over medical reasons.This was something we both could relate to. We both shared tears and pain over both my wife and yours. How many times did we talk for hours on the phone about our lives and problems? We have told each other things that nobody else knows about (and won't hear from me). I was there for you when nobody even believed that you had a wife and they said you made it all up to extort money and sympathy from the community. And you are going to minimize all of that and say it's so I could get some plastic costume parts at a discount?
    You should be ashamed.

Nathan, I'm only going to send you what you paid for. That is my professional business obligation to you. That's what was "settled" in our "private txt thread". This is what I told you I would do. Your starting this humongous dramatic spectacle only proves that you're feeling scorned, and taking it out on me publicly. Members are welocme to judge my character by what is written here. There will be those that agree with you, and those that will agree with me. This is how its always worked.
    That's fine, please do send them out.
    Can you give me a potential timeframe and eventually a tracking # in case it "gets lost" again?
    Yeah, i might be feeling scorned. I am human and have feelings too. You don't have that market cornered.

All that is discussed here, isn't a reflection of my business, or how I conduct business with folks. No, all it is, is a testement to how petty some people can actually be.

Thanks for wasting more of my production time with this nonsense.

Chris
    It may be petty to you, I get that.
    But it's important to me and this thread has shown me that it is a little personal I suppose.
    It didn't hit me until I realized how close we had become, only to have that disintegrate over money.

slave1pilot said: View Post

Really?
    You think I befriended you so I can get stuff from you years later?
    That's ludicrous.
    I befriended you because we both had similar interests and that initial friendship was solidified a few months later when I nearly lost my wife over medical reasons.This was something we both could relate to. We both shared tears and pain over both my wife and yours. How many times did we talk for hours on the phone about our lives and problems? We have told each other things that nobody else knows about (and won't hear from me). I was there for you when nobody even believed that you had a wife and they said you made it all up to extort money and sympathy from the community. And you are going to minimize all of that and say it's so I could get some plastic costume parts at a discount?
    You should be ashamed.

Yeah, i might be feeling scorned. I am human and have feelings too. You don't have that market cornered.

It may be petty to you, I get that.
    But it's important to me and this thread has shown me that it is a little personal I suppose.
    It didn't hit me until I realized how close we had become, only to have that disintegrate over money.
    Nathan? I said the very same thing to you in one of our txt threads. That we've lived and loved and lost, or nearly lost .. together. I don't remember my exact words. But I went on saying very similar things, that we shed tears together and have virtually been through it all together. Most recently over the phone, we bonded even further as we realized more and more what we had in common. Two old school middle aged men that have lived VERY full lives. And shared many of the same experiences. You're one of three members of this community that actually know some of my demons. You know things about me my own wife didn't know in her living years. What I got in return was absolutely no mercy from you. Is it only now that you're seeing all this before the public eye that you realize how much that must have hurt me? I practically begged you to be reasonable in our messages and think about what you were saying to me? This was long before I had enough, and as you see it, let you have it.

So, we're both realizing, how important this was. So what the hell are we doing Nathan? Ripping each other apart like this? People always say things they don't mean when they are HURT. God ****** man, I'm still your friend, and you know it. Lay down the gun. Lay this to rest. And let's pick up where we left off.

Chris
    Last edited by Scott Kaufmann; Mar 23, 2012 at 11:46 PM.

:door opens: hey listen I don't mean to be a pain but I'm gonna have to ask for a raise....you guys are busy I'll come back later :door shuts:

No more arguing, you are taking away from gauntlet making time!! It's the last main part I need.

Hope you all can settle this amicably. Good luck.

Terrantula

From
    Perth, Western Australia

Gents,

The one main problem with all of this, is that sure, you are talking about business issues, but these business issues have massive shades of grey in them because of the fact that you ARE indeed friends (whether you want to admit it at this point or not). It's a very different situation than if Chris were to sell something to me - I'm simply a customer. You two however, have a far greater history that is illustrated in this very thread, so the lines are far, far more blurry than a simple business deal.

Bottom line - im personally not bothered about your business dealings, as in this type of situation, both parties have thier points and will think they are right. What you two do need to do - and no disrespect intended - is to simply man up and speak to each other face to face. The forums are no place to deal with something that has turned far more personal. Surely an agreement both parties are happy with can be arranged for the business side of things; but are you going to honestly tell us - after all you two sound like you have been through - that this friendship isn't worth saving? You guys sounded like brothers at one point - the fact this very thread exists is because yeah - you are pi$$ed with each other, but the last few posts show how much you actually give a dam* about each other also. So please - build a bridge and get over the petty *****. thats the easy part and can be worked out. From what I can read, your friendship should be the main thing worth preserving. It seems like you both have experience in making every moment count - this could well be one of those moments.

Apologies if this comes across as a little harsh or blunt, but that has been the nature of the thread. It would simply be nice to see two guys work through the things that can be worked through, and realise what's more important. All just my 2 cents..

Sincerely,
    Johnny

High Speed Low Drag Fett 4 Real's Avatar
    From
    USAF Utah

I think Jayvee nailed it you guys are friends, things are as Chris said pushed to the side for his customers...who keep you BOTH in business cause someones gotta paint that stuff he sells. I know he would recommend you I do all the time. Talk to eachother offline, via a phone call instead of txt, as we can mis interpret a txt message easily overlook a word making one thing mean another. You guys are both great guys. Dont ruin a friendship over costume parts. Hopefully you can learn from this and stay friends.

From
    Las Vegas, NV

It seems this thread, in very short order, has run its course and both sides of the story have been told. We will let our members take what they will from it, but we feel, allowing the argument to continue beyond what has been already written (again, in which both parties were able to share their side of the story in detail) will only serve to create a toxic environment.