Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Subscribe
  1. SarlaccBits's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    1,409
    May 16, 2007, 12:11 PM - Re: TDH Rebrand - In Progress!!! #101

    Great work everyone - all of the new TDH stuff looks incredible!
    *two thumbs up*
  2. I helped at SDCC '08 Jimmy BufFETT's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    2,861
    May 16, 2007, 12:33 PM - Re: TDH Rebrand - In Progress!!! #102

    Quick question: why has the 'jet pack' section of the Boba Fett forums been renamed to 'rocket pack?' (Please take that question at face value ... it is not a complaint in any way.)
  3. stormtrooperguy's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    5,039
    May 16, 2007, 1:55 PM - Re: TDH Rebrand - In Progress!!! #103

    Quote Jimmy BufFETT said: View Post
    Quick question: why has the 'jet pack' section of the Boba Fett forums been renamed to 'rocket pack?' (Please take that question at face value ... it is not a complaint in any way.)
    there has been discussion on various boards about how "jet" isn't accurate... that the pack is more of a rocket.

    my guess is that TDH has landed on the rocket side of the discussion
  4. DutchFett's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2007
    Posts
    489
    May 16, 2007, 5:45 PM - Re: TDH Rebrand - In Progress!!! #104

    Quote MaulMaus said: View Post
    Why not?

    I don't know maybe because my pc is just new
  5. Admin Staff MaulMaus's Avatar
    Member Since
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    1,677
    May 16, 2007, 8:34 PM - Re: TDH Rebrand - In Progress!!! #105

    Did you try downloading it directly from the Mozilla site? ( http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/ (There are links to other languages on the bottom right - yes there is a Dutch version )

    It will download for MacOSX I believe any version X 10.1 up to 10.4 . I've got Firefox on both my G4 and my G5. It shouldn't matter if it is PowerPc or Intel based either because it is based on the operating system.

    There are many times Safari just doesn't work right on a website (AZ501st comes to mind ) but Firefox works perfectly fine.
  6. Community Founder Art Andrews's Avatar
    Member Since
    Feb 2002
    Posts
    8,218
    May 16, 2007, 9:22 PM - Re: TDH Rebrand - In Progress!!! #106

    Quote Jimmy BufFETT said: View Post
    Quick question: why has the 'jet pack' section of the Boba Fett forums been renamed to 'rocket pack?'
    Quote tk7602 said: View Post
    there has been discussion on various boards about how "jet" isn't accurate... that the pack is more of a rocket.

    my guess is that TDH has landed on the rocket side of the discussion
    There are two major reasons for the change. First, as tk7602 mentioned, based on the design of the pack (lack of an intake) , the propulsion system appers to be rocket based (propulsion created from the burning of a fuel and forcing the combustion out) as opposed to jet based (propulsion created by drawing in a medium, such as air, accelerating it, and forcing it back out).

    The second, and more motivating reason is based on reviewing Joe Johnston's original concept art which identifies the pack as a "Rocket-Pac." Even the original introduction of Boba Fett in Bantha Tracks indentifies the pack as a "Rocket Pack." The redubbing of the pack to a "Jet Pack" seems to have come with the rebirth of Star Wars in the mid-90's. :jet pack
  7. Wildabeast's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    547
    May 16, 2007, 9:33 PM - Re: TDH Rebrand - In Progress!!! #107

    I have a question about the first page. Although I have a 17" wide screen on my laptop, my desktop at home and work are only 19" square screens, and I have to scroll to the right to get the full menu. Is this going to be normal?

    I love the new design but that is a little annoying.
  8. Community Founder Art Andrews's Avatar
    Member Since
    Feb 2002
    Posts
    8,218
    May 16, 2007, 9:38 PM - Re: TDH Rebrand - In Progress!!! #108

    Quote Wildabeast said: View Post
    I have a question about the first page. Although I have a 17" wide screen on my laptop, my desktop at home and work are only 19" square screens, and I have to scroll to the right to get the full menu. Is this going to be normal?

    I love the new design but that is a little annoying.
    The width of your screen in inches is not the issue. It is your screen resolution. The frontpage should work at 1024X768 or larger without any scrolling. Are you at a resolution less than 1024X768?
  9. Wildabeast's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    547
    May 16, 2007, 9:43 PM - Re: TDH Rebrand - In Progress!!! #109

    I am currently at 1280x1024, which I pretty much have to stick to for my video editting. But it's really not that big of a deal.
  10. Community Founder Art Andrews's Avatar
    Member Since
    Feb 2002
    Posts
    8,218
    May 16, 2007, 9:48 PM - Re: TDH Rebrand - In Progress!!! #110

    Quote Wildabeast said: View Post
    I am currently at 1280x1024, which I pretty much have to stick to for my video editting. But it's really not that big of a deal.
    What OS and what browser are you using? You should not have to scroll at that resolution.
  11. Wildabeast's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    547
    May 16, 2007, 11:04 PM - Re: TDH Rebrand - In Progress!!! #111

    Windows XP and IE 7.0
  12. Rich D.'s Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    729
    May 16, 2007, 11:58 PM - Re: TDH Rebrand - In Progress!!! #112

    Quote Wildabeast said: View Post
    I have a question about the first page. Although I have a 17" wide screen on my laptop, my desktop at home and work are only 19" square screens, and I have to scroll to the right to get the full menu. Is this going to be normal?

    I love the new design but that is a little annoying.
    Woops, I broke this. This will probably be fixed some time tomorrow.
  13. DutchFett's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2007
    Posts
    489
    May 17, 2007, 5:09 AM - Re: TDH Rebrand - In Progress!!! #113

    Quote MaulMaus said: View Post
    Did you try downloading it directly from the Mozilla site? ( http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/ (There are links to other languages on the bottom right - yes there is a Dutch version )

    It will download for MacOSX I believe any version X 10.1 up to 10.4 . I've got Firefox on both my G4 and my G5. It shouldn't matter if it is PowerPc or Intel based either because it is based on the operating system.

    There are many times Safari just doesn't work right on a website (AZ501st comes to mind ) but Firefox works perfectly fine.

    I'll try downloading from mozilla. and if it does'nt work then...
  14. Wildabeast's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    547
    May 17, 2007, 8:24 AM - Re: TDH Rebrand - In Progress!!! #114

    yea, I don't have to scroll any more.....
  15. asok's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    2,707
    May 17, 2007, 9:01 AM - Re: TDH Rebrand - In Progress!!! #115

    It does go well on a shirt.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SP_NewTDH.jpg 
Views:	134 
Size:	20.6 KB 
ID:	17651  
    Last edited by asok; May 17, 2007 at 6:53 PM.
  16. I helped at SDCC '08 GCNgamer128's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    5,520
    May 19, 2007, 6:09 AM - Re: TDH Rebrand - In Progress!!! #116

    Has the font colour been changed at all to match the backgrounds better? Because honestly after being on the new board for a week, I don't notice any problem reading.
  17. boba-fetus's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    58
    Jul 2, 2007, 2:31 PM - Re: TDH Rebrand - In Progress!!! #117

    Is there a place we can download the AI files for the rebranded graphics?

    I'm specifically looking to create my own decals and add a TDH logo to my armor.

    Please let me know if I'm out of line in requesting the native files for these purposes.

Similar Threads

  1. My progress
    By Untried Hunter in forum Expanded Universe Bounty Hunters
    Replies: 89
    Last Post: Aug 1, 2007, 7:20 PM
  2. TDH Rebrand Fix List
    By Art Andrews in forum Site Support & News
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: Jul 3, 2007, 7:43 PM
  3. My M_S ESB Progress
    By HeadlessHunter in forum Boba Fett Helmet
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: Feb 23, 2006, 11:24 AM
  4. My Progress, plus a little help...
    By Nos Ir RaH in forum Boba Fett Helmet
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: Oct 8, 2003, 3:38 PM