Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

TDH Rebrand - In Progress!!!

Re: The NEW TDH UPGRADE

I think it looks slick.

From
    Corbin, Ky

I LOVE the new look!!! Very reminiscent of when I first Joined!
    Last edited by AFettFullofDollars; May 14, 2007 at 9:13 AM.

From
    Singapore

a little harder to read...but overall i like the new outlook...

From
    San Antonio Texas

OUch..I like the new site look but it does hyrt the eyes...good job

From
    Indiana

I love the new look. I am running Firefox on Linux and I can read Themes with no problem.

From
    Ft. Worth, TX

wow this is really cool!!!

From
    Clarkston, Michigan

Re: TDH Rebrand - In Progress!!!

I love the new look and the new logo. Great work guys.

Dent ...

In the rebranding teaser thread you posted this:

The Dent said:
    It is important that our members understand that the new logo represents the board as a whole, not a specific group, much like the three circled mouse head silhouette represents Disney as a whole. There is not a silhouette of Goofy and Pluto and Donald and Minnie... all fall under the single mickey-shaped logo. Saying that "most of us will be equally unrepresented" is, not only incorrect, but a gross misunderstanding of the purpose of the logo. No, there will not be anything specifically representing Zam, or Jodo Kast, Durge, or the Dented Variants on the logo. In regard to Jango, we have added a slight twist to give him some representation, but that is not the point. While the logo is strongly boba based, it is the logo for the board and site as a whole. It doesn't mean that Zam or any of the dented variants are not welcome. Quite frankly, we are moving away from a logo that directly depicts each of the character because there may be room in TDH's future for MORE forums and MORE characters. However, we will not rebrand each time that happens and add the new character to the logo. We want a single logo that is timeless and unchanging. Something that is simple, scalable, easily recognizable, like the Nike swoosh or the McDonald's arches, and something that compliments the site name "The Dented Helmet." While the logo has yet to be finalized, I am extremely pleased with the progress that has been made and believe that most will be happy with it as well. Change is always uncomfortable and you can't please everyone, but once the new logo is in place, I believe most will see that it gives the board and site a much more professional look and feel and gives us a single image under which we can rally.

D
    What is the twist you gave to the logo to represent Jango?

On a technical note, the "Buy TDH Shirts!" link is not working. Looks like monkeyinadryer is going through some changes too.

Gator

From
    Palatine, IL

Looks purdy!! No eyeball problems here. Pah...Mac users...

From
    Irvine, CA

not sure about this yet. very rough on th eyes. there is just too much contrast with the colors

From
    Chicago

Love the new look.

From
    Ooltewah TN

The new look rocks!

From
    St. Barbara, Calif.

WOW! Now this is cool! I love the colors, very Fett!! I cant figure out if my eyes are needing to get used to the new look or, if it's truly harder on the eyes. I am seem to have gotten used it though. Excellant work to all involved! These are exciting times for Fettsters and the new look conveys that!

From
    Alberta,Canada

The new look rocks......

From
    Kingman, Arizona, United States, 107964532558835, Kingman, Arizona

In regards to the colors- give it time. Your eyes are very accustomed to the very starkness of the old colors- which was very hard on the eyes way back when when we switched to this board from the previous one which had dark themes. Just give it time and before you know it, looking at the old board will be just as hard on the eyes

From
    Massachusetts

Great work guys, looking good! I've gotta say that I for one was against changing the Charlie's Angels logo but I guess the new one's growing on me.

BTW, like a few have stated I'd love to get back into the rotating images... I'm gone!

I love the fact we are doing something NEW ! Its not like the board needed it, but definitely keeps my interest in the fact that we try to do new things as a collective.

One request though : Could we make a more *work friendly* background that's not so SWish....RPF has a great example of work friendly (not attracting too much attention from the fact you're not doing your job)

Great job again guys !!

From
    The Netherlands

WOW. I ilke the new look but i cant see the cursor when I'm typing

From

If anyone is using Firefox and can't see the new themes, let me know because I can't get it to work on Firefox but it works on IE. I have tried clearing my cache multiple times and it doesn't work. Even uninstalled and reinstalled firefox and no difference.

ummm....well...it looks cool.....not sure if I'm used to it yet..

Mirax H said: View Post
    If anyone is using Firefox and can't see the new themes, let me know because I can't get it to work on Firefox but it works on IE. I have tried clearing my cache multiple times and it doesn't work. Even uninstalled and reinstalled firefox and no difference.
    At the moment, I'm using Windows XP/Firefox 2.0.0.3. I see boba-dark and jango-dark. If there are any others that should be there, then I'm not seeing it.

I can switch between boba and jango easily enough.

Holy disappear for the weekend come back to who knows what batman!!!! Logo and banners are looking good. The red is a bit intense for me, but I'm sure it'll grow on me. Nice!

From
    Orlando, Florida

What a pleasant surprise this was! Thanks everyone!

From

tk7602 said: View Post
    At the moment, I'm using Windows XP/Firefox 2.0.0.3. I see boba-dark and jango-dark. If there are any others that should be there, then I'm not seeing it.

I can switch between boba and jango easily enough.
    I'm using the same but the original default that everyone misses, well that is what comes up on mine. I can click on the themes below and they will display on that current page but as soon as I go to a new page on the forum, it goes back to the original white default theme. I don't have this problem on the RPF however.

Mirax H said: View Post
    I'm using the same but the original default that everyone misses, well that is what comes up on mine. I can click on the themes below and they will display on that current page but as soon as I go to a new page on the forum, it goes back to the original white default theme. I don't have this problem on the RPF however.
    My hunch is that it's something to do with your admin access. I haven't worked with vbulletin though, so I have no facts to back that up...

From
    Idaho Falls ID

I like the new look to the boards but the biggest thing that is killing my eyes right now is the red bars down the sides of the forums. just a suggestion to the ones the powers that be in charge of the web layout you could take the bars off of the sides of the boards(maybe make them black to blend in with the boards) to help a bit with the odd contrast on the eyes.