TDH DOWNTIME - Nov 19 10PM EST

From
    Las Vegas, NV

TDH DOWNTIME - Nov 19 10PM EST

We wil be moving to our new server on Wednesday Nov 19th, starting at 10pm EST. We expect to only be down for a short time, but if problems arise we may be down until Thursday morning.

D

From
    Las Vegas, NV

Re: TDH DOWNTIME - Nov 19 10PM EST

Server move went smoothly. If you encounter any issues, please let us know! Hopefully your experience here at TDH will now be faster than ever! Big thanks to stormtrooperguy for all his technical expertise. Without him these moves would be much more difficult and expensive!

From
    Dark Side of the Moon

WOOOOOOOOO! V-tech kicked in!

I'm happy to help.

This was a pretty big bump in power! There are probably enough techie folks here that will be curious...

We now have a dual core processor, where it was a single before. This will let the machine do more things at once, which is always good.

It's got twice as much ram, and 3x the hard drive space, plus it now has more than one drive, which is a huge performance boost.

I've also been doing more performance tuning than we had done in the past... really trying to wring every drop of life out of it that I can.

It's really impressive just how much traffic this site gets! I knew it was big, but I was shocked to see just how big. It's awesome to see the community grow!