Subscribe
    Nov 10, 2008, 11:28 AM - TDH Ad (unpublished) for Star Wars Magazine... #1

I am trying to remember, did you guy's ever post pics of how the ad was supposed to look? Just curious?

G-Fett
    Nov 10, 2008, 11:47 AM - Re: TDH Ad (unpublished) for Star Wars Magazine... #2

yeah, it was posted. The text from it is on the opening page of the website now.
    Nov 10, 2008, 11:59 AM - Re: TDH Ad (unpublished) for Star Wars Magazine... #3

Would love to get it printed up as a poster or something. I have a copy but I am not sure of the resolution on it.
  4. Spideyfett is offline Spideyfett
    Nov 10, 2008, 12:33 PM - Re: TDH Ad (unpublished) for Star Wars Magazine... #4

Nov 10, 2008, 12:44 PM - Re: TDH Ad (unpublished) for Star Wars Magazine... #5

Nov 10, 2008, 12:52 PM - Re: TDH Ad (unpublished) for Star Wars Magazine... #6

I didn't remember seeing it. It looks awesome.
    Nov 10, 2008, 12:55 PM - Re: TDH Ad (unpublished) for Star Wars Magazine... #7

Yeah...I imagine the new relationship with Museum Replicas/Windlass helped put the kibosh on that.

I should call my old friend Dave DiPietro there and find out when this mythical Boba Fett outfit of theirs is coming out.

-C
    Last edited by Madmartigan; Nov 10, 2008 at 1:39 PM.
    Nov 11, 2008, 6:22 PM - Re: TDH Ad (unpublished) for Star Wars Magazine... #8

see if u can get some R&D photos aswell..
  9. Community Founder Art Andrews's Avatar
    Nov 11, 2008, 7:25 PM - Re: TDH Ad (unpublished) for Star Wars Magazine... #9

Quote Madmartigan said: View Post
    Yeah...I imagine the new relationship with Museum Replicas/Windlass helped put the kibosh on that.

I should call my old friend Dave DiPietro there and find out when this mythical Boba Fett outfit of theirs is coming out.

-C
    Actually, Windlass had nothing to do with the ad not being run. We talked to Dave at length at Comic Con and they are very supportive of forums like TDH because TDH's purpose doesn't conflict with Windlass' future goals. The reason the ad wasn't run was a result of other issues LFL is currently dealing with. While it was disappointing that the ad didn't run, I totally understand while LFL couldn't allow it to run at this time and support their decision.
    Nov 11, 2008, 7:32 PM - Re: TDH Ad (unpublished) for Star Wars Magazine... #10

Well, that's good to know! At least they don't feel we (and other costuming forums like us) are a threat.

So, Dave was at SDCC? I really have to catch up with him someday. We worked together ages ago on a pilot for a sci-fi TV series he and a partner were writing. It never went anywhere, but I keep the tape because it's amusing to pull it out from time to time and watch me get blown up in a starfighter.

Quote ART ANDREWS said: View Post
    Actually, Windlass had nothing to do with the ad not being run. We talked to Dave at length at Comic Con and they are very supportive of forums like TDH because TDH's purpose doesn't conflict with Windlass' future goals. The reason the ad wasn't run was a result of other issues LFL is currently dealing with. While it was disappointing that the ad didn't run, I totally understand while LFL couldn't allow it to run at this time and support their decision.