Subscribe
  1. KoRn3000's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    315
    Apr 30, 2008, 4:17 AM - Sticky pictures? #1

    I just went through some of the sticky tutorials, and many of those seem to be missing the pictures that once were there. Is there some way for the admins to get the pics up and running once more? I know that some of the sticky's are OLD, but it would be easier to know what to build if we could actually see the pictures. If not, the sticky's aren't very helpful.
    Just a thought.
    -Morten-
  2. I helped at SDCC '08 GCNgamer128's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    5,520
    Apr 30, 2008, 6:59 AM - Re: Sticky pictures? #2

    I totally agree.

    Perhaps we could collectively reconstruct the threads one by one, compact and delete if we need to, then have all of the images hosted here on TDH so we know they aren't going anywhere. Most of these threads are from 2002-2005, and are extremely outdated, so I think it’s about time we organise these.

    Some threads just have way too many stickies, when I go look through new threads, I have to pound Page Down on my keyboard until I see text in bold. This is the worst case in the blaster/shin tool part, there are too many stickies.

    This shouldn’t be a hard project, we have plenty of pictures everywhere, and this may avoid repeat questions such as, “What is the difference between ROTJ and ESB?”

    Helmet:
    Combine Spraypaint and Airbrush paint list threads.
    Combine WOF templates and Painting Stencils naming it, “Templates and Stencils.”

    Blaster and Shin Tools:
    Combine Scope and Scope Mount threads.
    Combine Scratch Build and NES Zapper threads.
    Combine all Pre-Pro, ESB (with the flash tube thread), Sidearm (with holster) and ROTJ blaster, and greeblie threads.

    Rocketpack:
    Combine most everything into just a “Rocketpack” thread.
  3. Alcfalath's Avatar
    Member Since
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    548
    Apr 30, 2008, 10:20 AM - Re: Sticky pictures? #3

    I couldnt disagree more on putting Airbrushing and Spraypainting together.. but that is just me... im sure many people out there would agree with me on that.

    For items such as the differences of RotJ and ESB, like the blaster, I think there should be a definitive Sticky on the RotJ, and a Separate one on the ESB, with a separate Scratchbuild Blaster thread, combining Sidearm, Prepro's, ESB, RotJ and HS weapons.

    Personally id love to see a Full Armour Set Section made up, for all variants of Fett, and maybe Zam as well... complete builds with references to every item on the costume.

    lol could always put all the stickies into their own sticky forum sub section to stop cluttering...

    Quote GCNgamer128 said: View Post
    I totally agree.

    Perhaps we could collectively reconstruct the threads one by one, compact and delete if we need to, then have all of the images hosted here on TDH so we know they aren't going anywhere. Most of these threads are from 2002-2005, and are extremely outdated, so I think it’s about time we organise these.

    Some threads just have way too many stickies, when I go look through new threads, I have to pound Page Down on my keyboard until I see text in bold. This is the worst case in the blaster/shin tool part, there are too many stickies.

    This shouldn’t be a hard project, we have plenty of pictures everywhere, and this may avoid repeat questions such as, “What is the difference between ROTJ and ESB?”

    Helmet:
    Combine Spraypaint and Airbrush paint list threads.
    Combine WOF templates and Painting Stencils naming it, “Templates and Stencils.”

    Blaster and Shin Tools:
    Combine Scope and Scope Mount threads.
    Combine Scratch Build and NES Zapper threads.
    Combine all Pre-Pro, ESB (with the flash tube thread), Sidearm (with holster) and ROTJ blaster, and greeblie threads.

    Rocketpack:
    Combine most everything into just a “Rocketpack” thread.
  4. stormtrooperguy's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    5,039
    Apr 30, 2008, 1:38 PM - Re: Sticky pictures? #4

    i've wanted to talk to the admin team about setting up a wiki here, and compiling all of the info from all of these threads into it. we're doing that on the neg site and it's coming along nicely.

    i just keep procrastinating it

    rather than having the stuff in the forum, let the forum be for discussion and have a reference library highlighting the stuff that's worth saving (tutorials vs. "that's great" reply posts)
  5. Community Founder Art Andrews's Avatar
    Member Since
    Feb 2002
    Posts
    8,218
    Apr 30, 2008, 2:05 PM - Re: Sticky pictures? #5

    Keep in mind, if you bring something like this up, you are automatically nominating yourself to head it up.
  6. Admin Staff webchief's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2002
    Posts
    4,704
    Apr 30, 2008, 2:25 PM - Re: Sticky pictures? #6

    I second that nomination.
  7. I helped at SDCC '08 GCNgamer128's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    5,520
    Apr 30, 2008, 2:27 PM - Re: Sticky pictures? #7

    Quote The Dent said: View Post
    Keep in mind, if you bring something like this up, you are automatically nominating yourself to head it up.
    I don't mind, I live a sad lonely life.
  8. stormtrooperguy's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    5,039
    Apr 30, 2008, 2:35 PM - Re: Sticky pictures? #8

    Quote The Dent said: View Post
    Keep in mind, if you bring something like this up, you are automatically nominating yourself to head it up.
    i'm in

    i've just been too lazy to make up an actual proposal! i've scaled back my 501st web responsibilities this year though, so i have time again. i'm still on their web team, but in a wise old man sort of role, rather than an active one
  9. Alcfalath's Avatar
    Member Since
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    548
    Apr 30, 2008, 3:02 PM - Re: Sticky pictures? #9

    Quote The Dent said: View Post
    Keep in mind, if you bring something like this up, you are automatically nominating yourself to head it up.
    Well ive got no problem creating a step by step of an Assembly and Aerosol/Spray Paint of the RotJ Boba, all of BM armour.. It will include a bit of electronics, mostly painting, assembling and attaching, plus also I can include costume dressing and undressing if you wish (no adult jokes intended there, agaisnt my better judgement ). And if you make it a Sticky then all the better.

    Btw, the paintwork will be both Topical and Layered, so im sure that you will get most things incorporated into this thread... Just let me know where to post a full costume WIP/Tutorial thread
  10. Community Founder Art Andrews's Avatar
    Member Since
    Feb 2002
    Posts
    8,218
    May 1, 2008, 3:18 PM - Re: Sticky pictures? #10

    tk7602 is now researching a viable wiki platform for TDH. At this time we are not sure exactly how we will implement the wiki, but I can see the possibility of a wiki changing the entire face of TDH. It will certainly be interesting to see what the next year brings.
  11. stormtrooperguy's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    5,039
    May 1, 2008, 3:22 PM - Re: Sticky pictures? #11

    my general thought on it is to get the software up and running, see how it works, then the admin team will work on getting a team of folks set up to work on it.

    you can see the 501 neg wiki that we've been picking away at here:
    http://501neg.com/wiki/doku.php?id=c...ostuming_index

    the general idea is to make an easily browsable archive of all of the amazing info found here.

    more as it comes!
  12. never_ending_fett's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    1,158
    May 1, 2008, 3:59 PM - Re: Sticky pictures? #12

    I know the topic of a wiki has come up before and never really took off, I think it was when we were talking about putting together a list of found parts. I think it's a great idea and I'm looking forward to seeing how it gets set up. I've never worked on a wiki before but would be more than willing to contribute as much as I can here! This is very exciting and like The Dent said, I also think it will change the face of TDH. The only draw back I see in this is loosing the community feel/personal touch aspect and how that affects the welcoming of newcomers.
  13. Darth Paul's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    181
    May 8, 2008, 7:42 AM - Re: Sticky pictures? #13

    A Wiki is the best idea I've heard this year!!

    That and Alcfalath's idea of putting all the stickies in their own subforum!

    Great thinking guys, can't wait to see it happen!!
    (Did you spot the self-un-nomination there!! )

Similar Threads

  1. Sticky Request
    By jonmcclay in forum Boba Fett Costume
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: Dec 7, 2009, 11:12 PM
  2. Sticky?
    By dung0beetle in forum Site Support & News
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: Jan 26, 2008, 12:18 AM
  3. Sticky Helmet DP
    By uscm buzz in forum Boba Fett Helmet
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: Jan 23, 2005, 12:01 AM