Search Ability Limited to Registered Members

From
    Las Vegas, NV

Search Ability Limited to Registered Members

In an effort to optimize the board, we have disabled the ability to search for non-members. TDH is happy to help anyone it can and is a resource to all, but we feel it is important that we give those who have taken the time to register the best service we can. By eliminating the search function for non-members, more server resources will be available to registered members, giving registered members a speedier experience and encouraging non-members to join the board!

From
    bozeman, mt go cats!!!

Re: Search Ability Limited to Registered Members

now if we could just get new members to use the search function.

sweet uhh what constitutes being a member?
    I have posted here a lot. for the past 2 years am I a member?

From
    Las Vegas, NV

A "member" is simply someone who has taken the time to sign up on the board. In your case, you have been a member since May of 2006.

This is but the first step in a number of future efforts to not only reward those who are members but to also reward those actively contribute to the board. These future steps will help steer the board and ensure it is kept on course as well as helping new members understand how we operate and what is expected of them before they have the ability to post.

From
    Kalamazoo, MI

As a web developer/programmer my only concern would be a tun of accounts that get created and abandoned.

Is there anything in place to remove old accounts that are dormant? Less than x amount of posts without login for x amount of days?

I only mention it as I have been on boards and had my usual 'handle' taken, only to look the person up, and find out they had 1 post, 3 years ago.

Cheers though, on all of the admins efforts to improve the community. This is truely one of the best places to spend your time online.

From
    Las Vegas, NV

We do prune members who have signed up but haven't posted or been active within a certain amount of time.

Stormrider said: View Post
    As a web developer/programmer my only concern would be a tun of accounts that get created and abandoned.

Is there anything in place to remove old accounts that are dormant? Less than x amount of posts without login for x amount of days?

I only mention it as I have been on boards and had my usual 'handle' taken, only to look the person up, and find out they had 1 post, 3 years ago.

Cheers though, on all of the admins efforts to improve the community. This is truely one of the best places to spend your time online.

From
    Kalamazoo, MI

Awesome, good looking out