Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

New girl from Canada; working on a chick-Fett

From
    Canada

New girl from Canada; working on a chick-Fett

Hi guys

I'm probably a bit of a poser here, but this community is such an incredible resource, I couldn't stay away.

I'm putting together a female version of the Boba costume, loosely based on David Johnson's female mando statuette (http://spectrestudios.deviantart.com...-fett-87800762). Probably ROTJ colourings, though not to be totally accurate (obviously!).

I'm hoping to get things together in time for halloween this year and then tweak it thereafter.

I admire those of you who strive for hardcore screen-accuracy, and I've been learning a tonne from your tutorials and costume variations. So, thank you!

If you happen to have since upgraded your hard parts or have off-cast (******, damaged, didn't mold-right) versions, I'm in the market!

-Vite

Re: New girl from Canada; working on a chick-Fett

Cool idea! Hope to see a progress thread for it! Welcome to the TDH!

also, I think I've seen that figure before, I heard talk that that could possibly be Fett's daughter? eh? maybe? haha

El1te

From
    Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan, Canada

Welcome to a fellow Canucklehead!

I keep trying to convince the wife to do a female mando but she absolutely refuses.....sigh well you'll definitely find no shortage of info on this site. It's absolutely crazy how much these guys have accomplished and amazing what they build it all out of. Good luck with your project looking forward to the WIP pics and final product.

Where in Canada are you at?

From
    bozeman, mt go cats!!!

it could be done, you just need to have the body of a stripper and a great push-up bra.

From
    Canada

thanks for the warm welcome - i'm in BC.

Incidentally I don't know about the 'body of a stripper,' but I am a healthy BMI/ normal looking gal, so it's not going to be a "oh heck, why did she make THAT outfit?" sort of case! Well, unless it turns out so poor that bits of my jetpack start falling off as I walk around... then I'll have regrets!

As far as the bra, yah, I might not try and go as skanky as that, but the regular Boba armor would look pretty huge and unfitted on any girl, and I imagine it's pretty hot to be wearing the whole kit in a sweaty nightclub (the costume will debut at the local goth/industrial Hallowe'en night). Regular variant mando boob armour looks kind of silly to me unless done REALLY well, so I wanted to try something a little different.

vitegeist said: View Post
    the costume will debut at the local goth/industrial Hallowe'en night
    nice! i first discovered boba fett costuming at our local goth club, when they did a star wars theme night. it was all down hill from there

Welcome aboard, sweet idea me thinks.

Victoria Secrets push-up bra with armor! hehehe...nice.

I approve! haha

El1te

Boy I dunno, I think that in order for us to be able to help you we're gonna have to see a pic of yourself...

From
    Lawrence, KS

I saw that statue on ebay a while back and wondered if anyone had ever tried to make that costume. Good luck with the project!

From
    Sunny SoCal

I was just looking at that statue yesterday for someone who might have me make the soft parts. If I do end up doing it, I'll post pics.

From
    Las Vegas, NV

Very cool! Mirax and I are working on this version of the fem-fett as well! We are hoping to have a life casting and initial sculpt done over labor day weekend. I have never been a big fan of most of the fem-fett designs, but this one really stands out and I think if done properly would make a fantastic costume! We are planning to skip the helmet at the moment.

(...) but the regular Boba armor would look pretty huge and unfitted on any girl,(...)
    That's some statement to make... I'm sure those of us girls who makes regular mandos makes sure they fit!

From
    SF Bay Area, CA

Well, that's a very revealing statuette. Be good to finally see some competition for the Slave Leia's out there

From
    Canada

Lisa: didn't mean that there isn't great femme armour out there, just that a screen-accurate boba just wouldn't fit the average woman that well. There are some great designs here that suit women and I'll be poaching a lot of your ideas, I'm sure!

Art & Mirax: Nothing like kicking *** and looking good doing it! When I stop working 80 hr weeks, I'll get myself to the fabric store and pick up some scrap sintra. So far it's just pattern making, a thermal detonator, and sourcing the more complicated hard parts.

From
    Humboldt, Saskatchewan, Canada

it's good to see another canadian =)

welcome to TDH

C

From
    Las Vegas, NV

Art & Mirax: Nothing like kicking *** and looking good doing it! When I stop working 80 hr weeks, I'll get myself to the fabric store and pick up some scrap sintra. So far it's just pattern making, a thermal detonator, and sourcing the more complicated hard parts.
    We are still mainly in the planning stage. I think we are going to go with fibgerglass armor, but we may do vacced... we will just have to see... I would prefer vacced simply to be a little closer to the original.

We are also trying to determine how to handle the vest... If you look at the sculpt, there really is no clearly definied armor vest... The shirt and armor vest have been somewhat mated. I would love to have the vest a bit more like an armor harness over the shirt, but I am afraid on a female form that is going to be to bulky and lose the visual appeal.

The bottom of the costume should be pretty easy... just the whole upper body that is worrying me.

vacced armor would also be good for weight... there's not a whole lot of shirt there, i don't think it needs any more to pull it down.

ART ANDREWS said: View Post
    just the whole upper body that is worrying me.
    Don't be scared, Art! It looks pretty straightforward to me, the torso/corset/bra section would be one material, the sleeves would be another material, and the vest shoulder flaps would be attached separately. Then you have a one-piece top, probably with a zipper/clasp in back. Probably need some elastic on the bottom edge of the top.

wow, we're all so helpful when it comes to skimpy fett-bras

From
    Canada

stormtrooperguy: yes; odd that!

I'm going to start a progress thread over in the appropriate section (Boba Costume I think), so I'll discuss plans for armour and whatnot over there!

Lisa: didn't mean that there isn't great femme armour out there, just that a screen-accurate boba just wouldn't fit the average woman that well. There are some great designs here that suit women and I'll be poaching a lot of your ideas, I'm sure!
    There are more than one woman here making regular mandos, the male versions without boobs. And they fit if you make it fit.

Good luck on your femme Fett, I think it looks cool for a femme.

From
    Las Vegas, NV

Lisa said: View Post
    There are more than one woman here making regular mandos, the male versions without boobs. And they fit if you make it fit.
    Totally agree. Mirax does Jango and it looks really good! And Soccermom does a mean Boba. I have seen a few girls on here in the past who make better Boba's than the boys!

I think the fem "boob armor" can work, but often times it is done in such grossly ridiculous proportions that it just looks silly... for me this goes all the way back to the fem-stormtrooper. A woman can easily fit into a regular trooper chestplate and still make the costume look feminine without adding ridiculous softballs on the front of the armor. Subtle is always better!

From
    Canada

luckily, I doubt we'll see too many men trying to replicate this hoochy chic-fett costume!

*shudders*

From
    Las Vegas, NV

Just don't let someone like Spat find out about this...