Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

A New and Disturbing Trend at TDH - ALL PLEASE READ!

From
    Pottsville PA

Re: A New and Disturbing Trend at TDH - ALL PLEASE READ!

Why should it matter? Why are we worried about stopping people from replying to or asking questions? Why does it matter if the question was asked two years ago or 15 minutes ago? if it's relevant, then it's relevant. There are some pretty obvious signs usually when someone is just trolling, but leave that to the admin to decide. That's my thought on it all.

-x

From
    Silicon Valley

Yeah, I agree completely.
    I can't stand seening a member whose not an Admin, scolding someone for reviving a post, but has a relevent comment or question.

As a new member, I would like to comment here. I find this site to be an awesome resource, and there are a lot of talented members who post pics of their work and make go "ummm.... WOW". On the other hand, I find the site is just so busy - there are always people online and they are always posting something. When I check in it becomes a task to keep up with the new posts before another string of posts have been added. I think it may partly be the level of activity that seems to detract from the potentially friendly atmosphere. Obvioulsy I'm not trying to suggest the posting needs to be slowed down. People post because they love the Fett stuff.

I do, however, find it difficult to find answers to the questions I have. Being new to the Fett costuming arena I don't have all the "old news" answers that many of you do. I could do a search, but if I don't know the right words to use I'm outa luck. For instance, I only just recently learned the Borden connector bit is called a "mole" by Fett enthusiasts.

For this reason it is difficult to refrain from posting, even when you feel that the question has probably come up a zillion times before.

GB

From
    Jackson, Ohio

eighteendelta said: View Post
    Why should it matter? Why are we worried about stopping people from replying to or asking questions? Why does it matter if the question was asked two years ago or 15 minutes ago? if it's relevant, then it's relevant. There are some pretty obvious signs usually when someone is just trolling, but leave that to the admin to decide. That's my thought on it all.

-x
    Rat_Fett said: View Post
    Yeah, I agree completely.
    I can't stand seening a member whose not an Admin, scolding someone for reviving a post, but has a relevent comment or question.
    I'm not really worried about stopping it and I have never scolded someone for reviving an old post. I totally agree with what Seven and webchief said. Shoot, there are many things I would have missed in the beginning had it not been for an old post dragged up by someone. I was just throwing out the idea for those members who are apparently offended by it, so that they wouldn't be upset when it happened. Matter of fact, I answered a new question in a revived thread a couple weeks ago and someone made a comment about it being an old thread.