Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Subscribe
    Jul 9, 2006, 4:58 PM - frank-n-son #1

frank-n-son has made a triumphant return to eBay. Check out the gauntlets that he has up. I wonder if the buyer will actually receive them
    Jul 9, 2006, 5:29 PM - Re: frank-n-son #2

Check out his feedback too, it hs miraculously become invisible, obviously he doesn't want people seeing certain comments!
  3. formerly Sgt. Skirata Huntman's Avatar
    Jul 9, 2006, 5:30 PM - Re: frank-n-son #3

I was the last buyer and I didn't receive mine but at least I got my money back. Ruffkin said mine will be sent this week. I SOOOO can't wait. I just need those. myshin tools (which are on the way supposedly), a girth belt, toe spikes and wookie braids. the I am DONE WOOO HOO. I will post pics when I am done though so all can see.

Of course I will be doing a few upgrades here and there. I so had to learn so many shop skills in building my fett suit those but well worth it.
    Jul 9, 2006, 6:28 PM - Re: frank-n-son #4

I wouldnt buy anything from them ever agian, they sent me crap and got mad that I was unhappy and a member that was banned from here blamed me for them having such sloppy recastes.

Steer clear.
    Jul 9, 2006, 6:32 PM - Re: frank-n-son #5

Yeah I was looking on eBay today to see what Fett stuff was on there and I found one of F-N-S's auctions. It is amazing that they have almost 100% positive feedback. How does that happen?
  6. Jul 9, 2006, 6:53 PM - Re: frank-n-son #6

Quote DonnieDarko688 said:
    Yeah I was looking on eBay today to see what Fett stuff was on there and I found one of F-N-S's auctions. It is amazing that they have almost 100% positive feedback. How does that happen?
    because alot of people new to the costuming world doesnt know what a good product looks like and what a bad product looks like.
    Jul 9, 2006, 7:40 PM - Re: frank-n-son #7

Very true, I failed to think about that.
    Jul 10, 2006, 5:13 AM - Re: frank-n-son #8

I just realised my comments about the feedback were actually for Frank-n-son-part2! Whoops! They are both as bad as each other though. Also notice that the aluminium rocket he is selling was mine! But I sold it to F-N-S-Part2.

I bought it for the equivalent of $6! And it was abosolute crap! Now he is trying to to get £35 for it! That just smacks of profiteering! Most people aren't in this hobby for the money but these guys are.

in my opinion these guys are the lowest of the low
    Jul 10, 2006, 11:39 AM - Re: frank-n-son #9

Quote mandalore697 said:
    I just realised my comments about the feedback were actually for Frank-n-son-part2! Whoops! They are both as bad as each other though. Also notice that the aluminium rocket he is selling was mine! But I sold it to F-N-S-Part2.

I bought it for the equivalent of $6! And it was abosolute crap! Now he is trying to to get £35 for it! That just smacks of profiteering! Most people aren't in this hobby for the money but these guys are.

in my opinion these guys are the lowest of the low
    They are the same person. part2 feedback is so crummy he made it private...now is selling back as frank-n-son, he goes back and forth when one gets to many negs than switches to the other one.
    uke
  10. Member Since
    Apr 2006
    Jul 10, 2006, 3:58 PM - Re: frank-n-son #10

is it possible that he has several names and buys his own things just to leave himself positive feedback? I was trying to access someones feedback and it was kept private, why is this allowed on ebay?
    Jul 10, 2006, 4:20 PM - Re: frank-n-son #11

Quote zombierepellent said:
    is it possible that he has several names and buys his own things just to leave himself positive feedback? I was trying to access someones feedback and it was kept private, why is this allowed on ebay?
    Hmm that could be a possiblity if he had two different PayPal accounts or something like that. They allow it for sellers that do not really want their feedback made public, it takes away some from their appearance to prospective buyers but if they have a bad transaction then they don't have to worry about future customers reading about it. I honestly don't buy from anyone that has their feedback private.
    Jul 10, 2006, 5:15 PM - Re: frank-n-son #12

in the past i buy some part of this men, i reiceved it quickly and it's a good base for work, but it's necessary to make lot of work on it for have an accurate version ! the price is low (for my item) and the quality was same of the price that 's all ! If you know that it's not a problem.
    Aug 9, 2006, 8:46 AM - Re: frank-n-son #13

I'm with Dark Amon.
    I bought some stuff from this guy.
    It came through to me OK, and it was definately a case of getting what I paid for, and I didn't pay that much. (£35 for a pair of gauntlets).
    They needed a LOT of work (and are really too big for me)
    Mar 29, 2007, 9:22 AM - Re: frank-n-son #14

I bought an aluminum set of jet pack stabilizer and beacon from him a few months back with no issues. I came with a battery in it and everything.
    Mar 29, 2007, 10:40 AM - Re: frank-n-son #15

I've bought a couple of things from him, and had no problems. They weren't big parts though.
    Mar 29, 2007, 1:40 PM - Re: frank-n-son #16

I think it's the son that screws things up. I've dealt with "Frank" the father/grandpa(? I think I remeber him saying he makes things for his grandson) on numerous occasions for adult and kid aluminum hardware, and he has always been great to deal with.
    Mar 29, 2007, 3:57 PM - Re: frank-n-son #17

Quote Cruzer said: View Post
    I think it's the son that screws things up. I've dealt with "Frank" the father/grandpa(? I think I remeber him saying he makes things for his grandson) on numerous occasions for adult and kid aluminum hardware, and he has always been great to deal with.

Yeah, I'd have to agree with you there. I had some aluminium parts from him and they weren't too bad. Shame about his son
    Mar 30, 2007, 12:12 AM - Re: frank-n-son #18

Quote bobafett669 said: View Post
    I bought an aluminum set of jet pack stabilizer and beacon from him a few months back with no issues. I came with a battery in it and everything.

did they actually look right? i got a set from him ages ago and they looked horrid.

i also got stiffed completely on gauntlets.
  19. Member Since
    Mar 2007
    Mar 30, 2007, 3:57 AM - Re: frank-n-son #19

I bought gauntlets from him,recieved them 3 days later....no problems.
    Can anyone recommend a good helmet?.
    Mar 30, 2007, 9:04 AM - Re: frank-n-son #20

Quote CRAZYFETT said: View Post
    I bought gauntlets from him,recieved them 3 days later....no problems.
    Can anyone recommend a good helmet?.
    Seek Morrowsun or javamonkey and you find. Yes.
  21. Member Since
    Mar 2007
    Mar 30, 2007, 9:38 AM - Re: frank-n-son #21

Do they have websites?.
    Mar 30, 2007, 1:06 PM - Re: frank-n-son #22

CRAZYFETT, do you live in the uk ? cos I think i may have been dooped into buying a set of gauntlets of frank-n-son. The payment has been taken, but nothing has arrived, and I was given a number to call to arrange a re-delivery. But upon calling the said number it turned out to be a resturant in my local area ? I have contacted this Frank, and I am waiting for a relpy....

If nothing is sorted very soon then I will be reporting this ebay seller to Ebay and Paypal.... and try and get my money back... I only bought a set of him for my second Mando im making, I do however have a set being made by Bradleyfett for my Sniper Mando.

I would like to know if this was the same person you got a set from. He has a wannado email address...
  23. I helped at SDCC '08 MandalorFett's Avatar
    Mar 30, 2007, 1:13 PM - Re: frank-n-son #23

Something that needs to be said right up front are that they are known re-casters. I got gauntlets from them before I learned about TDH, and they are horrible fiberglass re-casts of Ruffkintoy's gauntlets. So if you don't mind supporting a known re-caster, then go ahead.

Mar 30, 2007, 1:22 PM - Re: frank-n-son #24

Let it be know that I was unaware that this ebay seller was a recaster, I just wanted another set of gauntlets to use on another Mando im working on...But would you not think its a red flag to be give a phone number to arrange a delivery of said items that needed to be re-delivered, that in fact have not even turned up the first time. Only to find that the phone number is not even a parcel delivery company ?

So you might be able to tell that im not a happy person at this point...
    Last edited by Darth Valcar; Mar 30, 2007 at 1:30 PM.
    Mar 30, 2007, 1:30 PM - Re: frank-n-son #25

Would you call the grandpa a "recaster" if all he does is make hand lathed aluminum parts? Or do we hold him responsible for his grandson using his ebay account irresponsibly?