Cargo hold notificationsSubscribe
  1. Member Since
    Oct 2014
    Jan 15, 2016, 11:34 PM - Cargo hold notifications #1

Hello,

Why isn't there an option to be notified immediately via email when something new goes for sale in the cargo hold? Can we get that changed? I've missed out on SO MANY THINGS I would have bought if I had known when they came up. It really should be an option when subscribing to the cargo hold forum

I know the SLD has it. I think the RPF and FISD have it also. With so many items for sale every day here, it'd be nice to be notified to pick it up as soon as it's offered.

I really don't have time to check in hourly. And sometimes that isn't fast enough. Some items get sold in a few minutes. It'd be nice to have a chance at those items without having to hit refresh on the cargo hold forum constantly all day long.

That is all.

Thanks.
  2. Become a member for 90 days and create 50 posts and you won't see these ads.Register now!
    Jan 16, 2016, 11:23 AM - Re: Cargo hold notifications #2

Click on the Cargo Hold: http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/cargo-hold/
    Click on the green button labeled (under the forum search box, above all the threads): Subscribe
    Click on the drop-down selection of Notification Type to choose Daily updates by email
    Click on Add Subscription.
    Jan 16, 2016, 12:03 PM - Re: Cargo hold notifications #3

Quote tterrell said: View Post
    Click on the green button labeled (under the forum search box, above all the threads): Subscribe
    Click on the drop-down selection of Notification Type to choose Daily updates by email

thanks!
  5. Member Since
    Oct 2014
    Jan 17, 2016, 2:05 AM - Re: Cargo hold notifications #4

Thanks.

I have always had that set. I never get an email update. I check my spam and no emails in there.

When I get a PM I get an email instantly.

When someone replies in my WIP that I'm subscribed to, I get an email.

But I never get an email being subscribed to the cargo hold forum page. It's frustrating.

Are there era any other settings I should check?

thanks.

6. Member Since
    Oct 2014
    Jan 17, 2016, 2:03 PM - Re: Cargo hold notifications #5

For this thread right here there is an option in the subscription setup "instant notification by email".

Why isn't that an option for the cargo hold? It really should be.
  7. Member Since
    Oct 2014
    Jan 18, 2016, 12:40 AM - Re: Cargo hold notifications #6

Missed out on two more things I would have bought from the cargo hold again today because I only check every 4-6 hours or so.

An instant email would be nice. Checking the cargo hold really shouldn't have to become my full-time job. There's a better way.
    Jan 18, 2016, 10:39 PM - Re: Cargo hold notifications #7

Ahh... I am no admin obviously. Individual threads and PMs can be instantly emailed whenever someone replies to it. Forums are different configuration, unfortunately. Emails instantly from this site will not be notified from Forum subscriptions and are likely disabled (spammy?).

Alternative: This link will get all new posts to the [Cargo Hold] forum in a single click: http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/searc...ost&include=31

Maybe you can setup an RSS2/Twitter feed or URL to Email Redirect so you can feed the link above to your email addy.
  9. Member Since
    Oct 2014
    Jan 18, 2016, 11:23 PM - Re: Cargo hold notifications #8

Thanks for the help.

I'll admit, your last sentence went WAY over my head. I have practically ZERO idea how to do that.
    Jan 19, 2016, 12:28 AM - Re: Cargo hold notifications #9

Ahh... I am no admin obviously. Individual threads and PMs can be instantly emailed whenever someone replies to it. Forums are different configuration, unfortunately. Emails instantly from this site will not be notified from Forum subscriptions and are likely disabled (spammy?).

Alternative: This link will get all new posts to the [Cargo Hold] forum in a single click: http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/searc...ost&include=31

Maybe you can setup an RSS2/Twitter feed or URL to Email Redirect so you can feed the link above to your email addy.

EXCELLENT info. Thank you
  11. Member Since
    Oct 2014
    Apr 20, 2016, 7:49 PM - Re: Cargo hold notifications #10

Any update on this? Is there any way to add this option to the board? It's an option at most other boards I frequent.

It can only help sellers to sell to notify EVERYONE via email (that sets the subscription) that they have something for sale. I'm really surprised there hasn't been more uproar about having this option set.
    Apr 21, 2016, 9:01 PM - Re: Cargo hold notifications #11

I used it for the first time a few days ago on the Sith Lords Detachment, and it's a great feature.⚡️⚡️Lightning fast notification and I was able to pick up a helmet I'd been trying to obtain for a few months. Folks would dig it for sure.