Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Subscribe
    Apr 15, 2010, 6:44 PM - Re: ATTN: TDH - "Officer Down" - Needs Assistance #26

Quote SUPERprops said: View Post
    You caught that reference, eh ? If anyone would, it would be here

Muad'Dib - Exactly !!

Chris
    Apr 15, 2010, 7:00 PM - Re: ATTN: TDH - "Officer Down" - Needs Assistance #27

Chris, I'd be willing to do a girth belt. Whoever donates $70, gets it. Let Chris know about your donation so that he can verify. Once Chris verifies it with me, then I will contact you for your girth belt size and whether you want it stained ESB or ROTJ. You will be responsible for shipping cost (normally $5 within the US)

Is that okay Chris?
    Apr 15, 2010, 8:10 PM - Re: ATTN: TDH - "Officer Down" - Needs Assistance #28

This is an awesome project..
    Apr 15, 2010, 8:18 PM - Re: ATTN: TDH - "Officer Down" - Needs Assistance #29

Quote dsonik1 said: View Post

Is that okay Chris?
    ABSOLUTELY ! Thanks so much !!
  5. High Speed Low Drag Fett 4 Real's Avatar
    Apr 15, 2010, 9:15 PM - Re: ATTN: TDH - "Officer Down" - Needs Assistance #30

Was totally not under the impression he was going to sell the suit off at first...my fault for not being in the right mind!?!? I understand whole heartedly and I think that TDH buying the suit to donate is a great idea...and hope everything works out for Dean and his family.
    Apr 15, 2010, 11:24 PM - Re: ATTN: TDH - "Officer Down" - Needs Assistance #31

No sweat at all brother ... we're all in this together

Chris
    Apr 16, 2010, 4:00 AM - Re: ATTN: TDH - "Officer Down" - Needs Assistance #32

Alrighty, Chris. I'm down. You can add it to the first post and just lemme know who gets it. Then you can have them contact me so I can get started on their belt.
    Apr 16, 2010, 4:33 AM - Re: ATTN: TDH - "Officer Down" - Needs Assistance #33

That's awesome of you bro! Thank you

Let me know if I got it right !
    Apr 16, 2010, 9:10 AM - Re: ATTN: TDH - "Officer Down" - Needs Assistance #34

i am in......
    Apr 16, 2010, 9:29 AM - Re: ATTN: TDH - "Officer Down" - Needs Assistance #35

I'll look into my box of spare parts and see if i can't find anything to to put in the cargo hold to be sold in favour of Dean.. I've been keeping some stuff in case i wanted anything from the Karma thread but this will get me far better karma..

about the progress bar.. we had one for the donations for Pam (i belive) so one for Dean shouldn't be that hard to produce?
    Apr 16, 2010, 10:11 AM - Re: ATTN: TDH - "Officer Down" - Needs Assistance #36

I sent a lil! I hope we can make this happen for you bro!!!!

El1te
    Apr 16, 2010, 11:23 AM - Re: ATTN: TDH - "Officer Down" - Needs Assistance #37

Aweswome, bruv.
    Apr 16, 2010, 1:46 PM - Re: ATTN: TDH - "Officer Down" - Needs Assistance #38

Donation sent. Hang in there Dean.
    What an awesome community...
    Apr 16, 2010, 7:02 PM - Re: ATTN: TDH - "Officer Down" - Needs Assistance #39

Donation Sent!! Hang in there Brother....
    Apr 16, 2010, 7:23 PM - Re: ATTN: TDH - "Officer Down" - Needs Assistance #40

Thanks so much to everyone I hope to get with Dean later to get an updated total

You guys are terrific !

Chris

**EDIT**

Updated tally in first post !!
    Last edited by fettpride; Apr 16, 2010 at 9:17 PM.
    Apr 16, 2010, 11:45 PM - Re: ATTN: TDH - "Officer Down" - Needs Assistance #41

You guys are truly a family...."My Family"... I mean it with sincere.
    Thank you guy's for your hospitality and warm support. I'll try to get to all of your PM's
    and emails sent. Most already answered....

You are all awesome!....

God Bless You All!
  17. Spideyfett is offline Spideyfett
    Apr 17, 2010, 7:49 AM - Re: ATTN: TDH - "Officer Down" - Needs Assistance #42

Dude how did I miss this?? wow...PM coming Dean.
  18. Apr 17, 2010, 11:40 AM - Re: ATTN: TDH - "Officer Down" - Needs Assistance #43

Hey FP is there a deadline to this or is the deadline when all money has been raised. I am about a two weeks away from donating, got a lot of obligations due to another major wedding coming up next weekend (two of my best friends have gotten married back to back over the last 75 days effectively) and I still owe BooBooFett for my all white Super Trooper belt.
    Apr 20, 2010, 1:03 PM - Re: ATTN: TDH - "Officer Down" - Needs Assistance #44

I want to thank Dean's CO for posting about this on the 501st forums. I knew about Dean's amazing opportunity to be in the filming of the Star Tours but had no idea about his difficulties at home and having to sell the suit. As soon as I have the available funds, I'll be donating for sure.
  20. Apr 20, 2010, 3:04 PM - Re: ATTN: TDH - "Officer Down" - Needs Assistance #45

well okay I will assume that the deadline is when all the funds are in place
    Apr 20, 2010, 10:19 PM - Re: ATTN: TDH - "Officer Down" - Needs Assistance #46

Having a deadline posted would be nice.
    Apr 21, 2010, 6:26 PM - Re: ATTN: TDH - "Officer Down" - Needs Assistance #47

Hi Everyone,

My apologies for seemingly disappearing

I've diverted my time for this project, and needed to seriously
    get back in the shop to catch up a bit.

As far as a "Deadline" goes, I'm not exactly sure myself that there was
    a definitive. At least not for donating the suit. Dean and his family's needs
    are the foremost reason for the priority here. Being able to get some relief
    to Dan and his family so he didn't have to sell the suit right away, and hopefully
    not at all - so it can be donated.

My understanding is that Dean and his family needed to sell the suit originally
    by the end of the month. By our stepping in, I believe this has changed.

At this point, the faster we can meet or exceed the goal, the better. I'm thinking
    that reasonably, by mid May is where we should draw the line.

I'm sorry, that doesn't seem like an answer, but it is still very unclear.

Chris
  23. Member Since
    May 2006
    Apr 21, 2010, 6:39 PM - Re: ATTN: TDH - "Officer Down" - Needs Assistance #48

I'm onboard. I hope this helps Dean as much as its doing for the community.
    Apr 21, 2010, 7:00 PM - Re: ATTN: TDH - "Officer Down" - Needs Assistance #49

Hi again everyone,

I wanted to touch bases on something else that has evolved in my short absence.

It seems that word of this has spread, even into the 501st. And I think it's terrific !

But i feel we need to keep this in perspective. As I've been told, communities outside
    of TDH have expressed the desire to be involved, and may have actually made a
    contribution here or there (I'm still waiting for confirmation on this). But what has
    also come to my attention is that it's been expressed that other communities are
    wanting official recognition for their efforts. Meaning, a desire to want to be recognized
    along side of TDH.

Where as I don't find this unreasonable at all, I must make note again that ultimately this is
    not about official recognition. We don't even know at this point with any degree of certainty
    that TDH will even be recognized for her efforts. This is about helping a brother in need.
    I would hate for this to turn into a competition for notoriety.

However, when it comes right down to it, this is a TDH Family Effort. I would ask that if
    any of our members here are paying it forward by spreading the news of what we're
    trying to achieve here, please keep in mind that the effort started here, and in the end
    if there is to be any notoriety for this, it should be TDH - after all, family comes first
    Boba Fett was re-born with TDH

So in the future, please invite those that wish to contribute, to come and join the TDH
    family ! Everyone is invited to join this wonderful community. And everyone as a family
    can take comfort in what we can achieve !

Chris
    Apr 23, 2010, 6:18 PM - Re: ATTN: TDH - "Officer Down" - Needs Assistance #50

You guys are all awesome! I appreciate all the nice compliments and support you have given me and my family...here and via email. I wish there was something I can do for you all to show you my appreciation. There will be a time when you all will be rewarded.

God Bless!
    Dean
    Last edited by FettOfficer; Apr 23, 2010 at 6:30 PM.