Subscribe
    Aug 18, 2008, 3:20 PM - Wonderflex #1

What is it? I've been doing lots of research on good materials to use for helmets and stuff, and saw that someone used this to build their Boushh helmet. I've seen it on Cosplay sites too. Wonderflex seems to be popular among the anime/ manga crowd. . .

Is it durable enough to use for building a helmet? Or something to use for smaller parts? Grenades, blasters, etc. Is it a reliable material for bounty hunters?
  2. Member Since
    Mar 2008
    Aug 18, 2008, 4:54 PM - Re: Wonderflex #2

No! No! No!

Its terrible! I cant get Sintra here in Ireland so I ordered some Wonderflex from the US on a websites recommendation... It is like hard card/cardoard with grid fiber over it. Its simple to cut, 2 or 3 pieces stacked harden like stone but its a ***** to smooth. Its easy enough to shape, easy to use but I just cant get a smooth finish with the auto fillers I was using... and because it was still relatively flexible when hardened, paint chipped off it

I'll prolly give it one more try and then give up with the stuff! If you have an alternative avoid it - of get a small piece to try out... I dont like it at all - certainly not up to doing StormTrooper armor as I had intended...

Dave