Subscribe
  1. Member Since
    Dec 2013
    Feb 2, 2014, 8:31 PM - where do you guys get cardboard? #1

Seems like a lot of people on the board are just using thin cardboard for their builds and seems extremely useful for all sorts of scratch building. I have some on the backs of old drawing pads, but is there a place i can go to to just buy sheets of it?
    Feb 3, 2014, 9:29 AM - Re: where do you guys get cardboard? #2

I have used a quite a bit of this for my builds. In all different forms. I have gotten it from Utrech art supplies.

Save On Discount Utrecht Chipboard, Brown, 29 x 46 in & More Chipboard at Utrecht

There are other places but I found them the most reasonable. I had bought a box of 20 to build a Boushh & Boba Fett amongst some other things & I still have quite a bit of it left. It is great to work with & I recommend using a wood glue. If you want to give it a hardened edge use some super glue.

If you have any other questions let me know.
  3. Member Since
    Dec 2013
    Mar 4, 2014, 1:19 AM - Re: where do you guys get cardboard? #3

Quote toolguy301 said: View Post
    I have used a quite a bit of this for my builds. In all different forms. I have gotten it from Utrech art supplies.

Save On Discount Utrecht Chipboard, Brown, 29 x 46 in & More Chipboard at Utrecht

There are other places but I found them the most reasonable. I had bought a box of 20 to build a Boushh & Boba Fett amongst some other things & I still have quite a bit of it left. It is great to work with & I recommend using a wood glue. If you want to give it a hardened edge use some super glue.

If you have any other questions let me know.
    Thanks alot bud
    Mar 5, 2014, 7:12 PM - Re: where do you guys get cardboard? #4

I found some 2mm chipboard at a local Hobby Lobby. Its greyish in color, but works great. You can mist it with water to really work the shape. It glues pretty solid with wood glue.
    I believe it was 8.99