Subscribe
    Oct 10, 2005, 3:25 PM - what glue to use when attaching stuff to fiberglass #1

What glue do you use when attaching stuff to fiberglass? Thanks.

It seems like the nylon spacers that I made my knee darts are coming apart after trooping at the IU homecoming game this past Saturday.
    Oct 10, 2005, 3:43 PM - Re: what glue to use when attaching stuff to fiberglass #2

I've had really good luck with epoxy, but make shure its the stuff called Plastic weld. It seems to bond much better than standard 2 part epoxy. I've used this on all my fiberglass armor, and never had a problem. It comes in a dual tube applicator. You just squeeze it out & mix it up. You can get it at any walmart. Hope that helps
    D
    EDIT: BTW, if you are making your knee darts out of spacers, I would glue them together 1st, then drill a hole through the center of the entire knee dart and put a pin, (cutt off bolt or whatever) through the dart w/ epoxy as well. That way you know for shure they aren't coming apart
    Last edited by Jango's kid; Oct 10, 2005 at 3:49 PM.
  3. The Sniffer is offline The Sniffer
    Oct 10, 2005, 7:57 PM - Re: what glue to use when attaching stuff to fiberglass #3

Gorrilla Glue . Nothing more. Nothing less. Available at your local Ace Hardware store.