Subscribe
    Aug 13, 2013, 6:39 PM - "VACUFORM" NEED HELP #1

Well after sitting up for 24hours iv finally finished my Vacuform Table. Now the only problem im having is the Vacform doesn't seem too powerful on the sucking side , i dont know if thats whats its supposed to be like on a homemade table or if its supposed to be powerful , would appreciate it if anyone can shed some light on my situation

cheers Kal
    Aug 14, 2013, 1:09 PM - Re: "VACUFORM" NEED HELP #2

Hello,

What are you using for the heater and vacuum?

A shop vac is never going to be particularly powerful. If you really want sharp details a tank/pump system is the way to go.

I've got a bit of info about my system here:
    Vacuumtable - Workshop

Basically, I've got 2 10 gallon tanks and a Gast vacuum pump. The pump evacuates the tanks so when I open the valve you get a really strong pull really fast (it will collapse a spray paint can lid). The whole WHOOSH of vacuum takes about 1 second, so the seal has to be perfect on the first try or I'll lose the vacuum before I get anywhere.
    Aug 14, 2013, 8:12 PM - Re: "VACUFORM" NEED HELP #3

Cheers for the reply STG using oven and a cyclone house vac (quite strong suction) iv just pulled a piece of fett armour off a mold and wasnt too impressed i mean it looks good but there was no major vacuum effect i ended up pushing most of it down *dont think i baked plastic long enough though bud will try again tomorrow as its 2 am now lol and i only stopped with the jigsaw half hour ago lol* will try and post a pick tomorow (be advised lots of tape round edges of box run outta wood fill lol)
    Last edited by GSFRIDER; Aug 14, 2013 at 8:21 PM.
    Aug 15, 2013, 7:10 PM - Re: "VACUFORM" NEED HELP #4

problem solved plat was to thick bud