Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Subscribe
    Apr 20, 2009, 7:58 PM - Re: Taun taun 1:1 scale head WIP/ Kit now ready pics page 2 #126

Absolutely amazing.
    Apr 20, 2009, 8:49 PM - Re: Taun taun 1:1 scale head WIP/ Kit now ready pics page 2 #127

Been wanting to finish it out, but I sold the first kit(thanks very much to the buyer), which is a good thing, but this means I have to make another for myself. Got the horns cast over the weekend. I'm still chosing the fur. Got some samples, but I'm not really satisfied with them. Anyone got more suggestions?, Hoping to keep costs down, but I want the best. I think the right fur will really set the piece off.
  3. Member Since
    Apr 2009
    Apr 22, 2009, 11:14 AM - Re: Taun taun 1:1 scale head WIP/ Kit now ready pics page 2 #128

Are you, by any chance, selling copies of this?
    May 31, 2009, 10:09 AM - Re: Taun taun 1:1 scale head WIP/ Kit now ready pics page 2 #129

I finally got my kit put together, complete with a one off neck and custom mounting system that allows for total range of position for the head. I'll start painting it today, still looking for the right fur. Post pics when I have something nice to show.
    Jun 1, 2009, 10:44 PM - Re: Taun taun 1:1 scale head WIP/ Kit now ready pics page 2 #130

Well I got some paint on my taun taun(please ignore the eyes for now, they're just paint tape for position and size). I'm liking it so far and I think I found some fur that will work.
    Jun 2, 2009, 12:10 AM - Re: Taun taun 1:1 scale head WIP/ Kit now ready pics page 2 #131

Can't wait to see some fur!!!! The skin paint job looks great!

Kody
    Jun 2, 2009, 12:36 AM - Re: Taun taun 1:1 scale head WIP/ Kit now ready pics page 2 #132

WOW. This looks freakin fantastic man! Will you offer a finished version ready to hang? I would love to see this hanging beside my Fett as a trophy. You da man!
    Jun 2, 2009, 2:47 AM - Yor taun taun just looks like alive =) #133

Wow, you've got most amazing skills I ever seen =)
    Jun 2, 2009, 3:06 AM - Re: Taun taun 1:1 scale head WIP/ Kit now ready pics page 2 #134

Wow, really, wow. That is some truly amazing work, it really is. I can't wait to see what else you do with it.
    Jun 2, 2009, 6:57 PM - Re: Taun taun 1:1 scale head WIP/ Kit now ready pics page 2 #135

Quote BH Reaper said: View Post
    WOW. This looks freakin fantastic man! Will you offer a finished version ready to hang? I would love to see this hanging beside my Fett as a trophy. You da man!
    Yes, I will offer a ready to hang version, soon as I figure out my final mounting system and fur costs. Thanks for the compliments you guys! I'll keep the pics comming. Got sum fur today that I'll be messin around with.
    Jun 2, 2009, 11:40 PM - Re: Taun taun 1:1 scale head WIP/ Kit now ready pics page 2 #136

I reckon this would look truly awesome at a con. We made some back drops and now building a gun rack for our MG34's and T21's and I'm thinking a mounted Taun taun head would look great!
    Jun 5, 2009, 1:19 PM - Re: Taun taun 1:1 scale head WIP/ Kit now ready pics page 2 #137

I got the fur halfway done, it's lookin good! I came up with an even lighter and easier head mount and neck system. I'll be posting pics of that and the completed kit soon. It is big however with the neck, to big really for my small art room, been getting grumblings from the wife on my suggestions on other mounting locations, i.e. the living room or the bedroom. oh well, I'll find a good spot for him!
    Jun 5, 2009, 3:01 PM - Re: Taun taun 1:1 scale head WIP/ Kit now ready pics page 2 #138

Any plans to make copies of the tauntaun? Would there be two versions, with and without fur? And what would be the price for one?

Questions over questions ... *lol*

Very curious I am (Yoda´s voice)

Cheers
    Manuel

PS: Great talent you have to scratch build this fantastic head!
    Jun 5, 2009, 6:56 PM - Re: Taun taun 1:1 scale head WIP/ Kit now ready pics page 2 #139

Here's how it looks so far, still will tweek the fur with some trimming and airbrushing. Will add eyelashes and wiskers as well. post more pics soon.
    Jun 5, 2009, 9:40 PM - Re: Taun taun 1:1 scale head WIP/ Kit now ready pics page 2 #140

Quote mmgraphics said: View Post
    Any plans to make copies of the tauntaun? Would there be two versions, with and without fur? And what would be the price for one?

Questions over questions ... *lol*

Very curious I am (Yoda´s voice)

Cheers
    Manuel

PS: Great talent you have to scratch build this fantastic head!
    Thanks, I'm currently offering the raw kit, head and horns only, for $350 plus shipping. Still working on a price for the completed version. Anyone interested in one please PM me. I would of course be willing to art finish the completed one to your desire, i.e. colors, fur, etc. Thanks for the interest.
    Russell
    Jun 7, 2009, 11:26 PM - Re: Taun taun 1:1 scale head WIP/ Kit now ready pics page 2 #141

More pics, size comparison.
    Jun 7, 2009, 11:39 PM - Re: Taun taun 1:1 scale head WIP/ Kit now ready pics page 2 #142

Absolutely amazing great work!!!!!!
    Jun 9, 2009, 12:04 AM - Re: Taun taun 1:1 scale head WIP/ Kit now ready pics page 2 #143

Art finish complete and he is mounted on the wall. For now he is temporarily in the living room. My wife heard me drilling and got up to see what I was doing....but it was already to late, she walked in to find this huge beast in the living room. I doubt this will be his permanent home judging by her reaction. However she is a good sport and supports all my projects!

Jun 9, 2009, 12:25 AM - Re: Taun taun taxidermy complete!/ Kit now ready pics page 2 #144

Totally Awesome!! I'd leave it right where it is. Wives come and go, but Star Wars is forever.

JK (Don't tell my wife I said that)
    Jun 9, 2009, 9:20 PM - Re: Taun taun taxidermy complete!/ Kit now ready pics page 2 #145

I love this looks amazing, but its missing one thing to tie everything together. Not sure if you mentioned if you were going to do this or not but he needs some fake snow added to the bridge of the nose, about the top of his head and horns
    Jun 9, 2009, 11:59 PM - Re: Taun taun taxidermy complete!/ Kit now ready pics page 2 #146

that looks amazing! how much did the fur cost if you dont mind me asking?

Who rides the little bike in your family? I work in the bike industry and if he ever wanted to upgrade let me know maybe we could trade a bike for props.
  22. Jun 10, 2009, 12:25 AM - Re: Taun taun taxidermy complete!/ Kit now ready pics page 2 #147

Wow! Looks bitchin! Great work!
    Jun 10, 2009, 5:05 PM - Re: Taun taun taxidermy complete!/ Kit now ready pics page 2 #148

Quote ilikebmxbikes said: View Post
    that looks amazing! how much did the fur cost if you dont mind me asking?

Who rides the little bike in your family? I work in the bike industry and if he ever wanted to upgrade let me know maybe we could trade a bike for props.
    The fur I purchased from my work(Sally Corp., not the beaty supply place). We have a loft full of surplus fur we use on our characters, this one we hadn't used in a while, so I asked if I could by some at our cost, which was only $12 a yard,I got two yards but probably could have done it with one. This brand requires a minimum purchase of 15 yards when you by from the supplier. This one worked for me but the really good stuff would have cost me $30 a square foot ouch.
    Jun 10, 2009, 5:07 PM - Re: Taun taun taxidermy complete!/ Kit now ready pics page 2 #149

Quote Tim Allen said: View Post
    I love this looks amazing, but its missing one thing to tie everything together. Not sure if you mentioned if you were going to do this or not but he needs some fake snow added to the bridge of the nose, about the top of his head and horns
    Yes fake snow would put this over the top, holding back on that for now. Deciding what I want to do about making the rest of the costume.
    Jun 30, 2009, 2:28 PM - Re: Taun taun taxidermy complete!/ Kit now ready pics page 2 #150

That is so sick! I love it, wow! I've got a lot of work to do to even come close to that skill! Round of applause!