T-800

T-800

I have this kit.But I dont know how can i paint it like chrome effect.What do you think?

Account Deactivated
    From
    Spain

Re: T-800

You must go to a car paint shop and they will paint it chromed for you, not free, but they will do a great job IMO.

From
    Colorado

Model masters has chrome paint. also layer in silver, black. Use a lot of dry brushing when layering. Also see if using metal tape may benifit you in some areas. All in all you just have to se what works and what you like. Awesome kit.
    Cheers Mate

From
    Indian Territory (Oklahoma)

im no expert on paint at all,.. but i think a lot of light layers will help you. you can grab chrome paint at any auto supply shop. i think madmudder's advice was best.

silver and black layers for a base, with many thin coatings of chrome paint. and i believe an airbrush would probably be required to pull it off.

Get it chromed.

Here is a pic of a T-800 in the back seat of a friend's car. This is one of the props from the most recent film.

There is no substitute for real chrome in my opinion. Or real teeth.
    Last edited by Lufo1138; Jun 14, 2009 at 3:21 PM.

From
    Sarlacc pit a.k.a Diss Norfolk UK

Lufo, that is the coolest thing i have ever seen! I bet that wasnt cheap :thumbup

FettSniper said: View Post
    Lufo, that is the coolest thing i have ever seen! I bet that wasnt cheap :thumbup
    It wasn't a purchase. My friend was working on the movie at the time. I imagine it's not for sale, but I am sure you're right.... its not gonna be cheap if it ever ends up on the auction block. It will probably end up in one of the film producer's or exec's offices.

Imagine how cool that would be to have in your room or something!

was that T800 going back to the 1800ds to substitude abe lincon..hihihi

From
    ALABAMA!!!!!

john wilkes booth was a terminator. so was oswald. they sent the terminators back in time to destroy the country that john conner would be born in but the attacks ultimately failed.

the machines also sent one to try to take out george washington, but old george handled business and never told anyone about it.

From
    Rumford, Maine

Heck, put that in your passenger seat; you could drive in the carpool lane with nooo problem...

Oh, BTW check this out...

http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php...t=chrome+paint
    Last edited by gunnerk19; Jun 22, 2009 at 7:41 PM.