Subscribe
  1. Member Since
    Dec 2005
    Dec 11, 2005, 2:59 PM - Starting Off (new) #1

Hi,
    I ran across this site the other day and am amazed. I love making costumes and props but have such trouble finding good information about specifics and materials. I was wondering if some one would take a few minutes and explain a coulpe things. First, if I wanted to make a prop gun, how would I go about doing it. I have a little skill in casting with laytex, but byond that im lost. I would like to know what would be a good material to do make the gun out of, something thats strong, but not brittle and such. How would I go about casting something like that? Any information on this would be very appreciated. Lastly, if materials are named, where could purchases them, and whats good to look for ( as i said above, I know nothing about plastics, resins, silicon, and fiberglass (but i wanna learn)). (Direct links would be kind of nice to, because I dont know exactilly what im looking at ) Thanks for all your help.
    Dec 11, 2005, 3:12 PM - Re: Starting Off (new) #2

making a gun from scratch is the best start wich means... use what you have, toy guns, wood, plexiglas, pvc pipes etc.
    excellent example and recent...

http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/showt...911#post141911
  3. Member Since
    Dec 2005
    Dec 11, 2005, 3:35 PM - Re: Starting Off (new) #3

Thanks, ill start there. What about materials for more complex things, like sintra and fiberglass? How would I know how/what and where to use/ get them?
  4. Member Since
    Dec 2005
    Dec 11, 2005, 3:35 PM - Re: Starting Off (new) #4

Thanks, ill start there. What about materials for more complex things, like sintra and fiberglass? How would I know how/what and where to use/ get them?