Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sidearm / Holster set or molds for sale.

From
    Kalamazoo, MI

Sidearm / Holster set or molds for sale.

------------------------------ EDIT PLEASE READ --------------------------------------------
    My grandmother died yesterday, and I am going to attempt to clear this up as quickly as possible as I have a lot of things to deal with in the coming week. I am sending out pm's and should have all holsters shipped asap. I made most of the pulls yesterday. I expect the mold en-route to chris by the weekend.

---------------------- EDIT - Negativity removed ------------------------------------------
    Synopsis - I made a poor judgement call based on poor judgement, and miscommunication. It could have easily turned out bad for me from a recasting stance but FP (chris) took the high road, and showed me an amazing amount of compassion. A bad project turned worse, FP is allowing me to recoup my money for this project (which was a cast of his holster) out of generosity, and then I am sending him themold.

The list CLOSED for the holster, and limited to the names listed below. They will all ship this week. (7 are done).

Italianninja - SHIPPED 4-27
    Boba68 - SHIPPED 4/28
    TrooperDYL - SHIPPED 4/28
    Ultraviolet - SHIPPED 4/28
    RedArc - SHIPPED 4/28
    Fett seven -> withdrew -> Nerf-Herder replaced SHIPPED 4/29
    Boba mike -> no answer

Clonecollector holster/sidearm HOLDING FOR BOTH PIECES
    DarthMalice - holster/sidearm HOLDING FOR BOTH PIECES

THERES ROOM FOR 1 MORE in the 10. If you want it PM ME!

PM's are incoming.

When this list is complete, there may or may not be life on the mold. Chris is working on a V2 mold. I dont not now if he will offer pulls from this mold or just library it, but I am unable to take any more requests out of respect for my arrangement with chris to clear this up.

Again, hats off to chris for being more of a standup person and showing more compassion than even I believe was necessary.
    Last edited by Stormrider; Apr 29, 2011 at 7:09 PM.

From
    Judenburg, Austria

Re: Sidearm / Holster set or molds for sale.

I´m interrested for an holster ! ^^

From
    uk

interested in holster only bro...regards rob

From
    Adelaide AUSTRALIA

I'm interested in a holster as well

From
    Judenburg, Austria

Looks like this gonna be an holster run

From
    Sydney, Australia

Really need a holster over here.

From
    Kalamazoo, MI

Holsters are roughly 100 USD.

Righ now I have all the snaps/screws EXCEPT the one that goes through the snap down on the holster its self. I havent found a shank long enough. Chicago screws makes a screw together one. Ill look at ordering them.

Shipping in the us is roughly 10USD, shipping to the UK area is almost $40 usd.

Australia is likely the same. Maybe a little more. The box isnt huge, so theres no telling (prices go awry).

I will start a list for a run. I dont intend to do these for a long time. I need to get my $ back I spent/was promised, and then move on to the next project. Ill say the list will be a max of 15-20 or mold failure whichever comes first.

I have pulled 3 from the molds thus far.

Account Deactivated
    From
    Spain

I'm sorry but I need to ask. Is that a Pulce 40 or a Pirate 40?

I helped at SDCC '08 Fett Seven's Avatar
    From
    Temecula, CA

Interested in both, more the holster

From
    Kalamazoo, MI

Kaane, that I know if its a pulse 40. The logo matches the pulse logo and the holster says technosub. I cant find a pic of the pirarte 40 so I cant rule it out. I will post a pic of th original.

Ok, im going to order the last of the button pieces, and figure on making 10 of them. Ill put up a list of names up top for holsters.

Thanks all!
    m2

Account Deactivated
    From
    Spain

The diferences between the Pirate 40 and the Pulce 40 are that the Pirate 40 has a clear plastic tip while the Pulce is metal, and also that the Pirate 40 has a solid trigger guard while the Pulce has a hole in the middle all over the trigger guard.

Both are exactly the same except for these differences.

From
    Northeast U.S.A

Sidearm and holster if possible please... if not both then just the holster

interested in a holster
    Last edited by ItalianNinja86; Apr 21, 2011 at 12:33 AM.

Super nice...wish I was rich! I'll stick with my moncal set up for now though. Seems like a good price though!

From
    Kalamazoo, MI

The diferences between the Pirate 40 and the Pulce 40 are that the Pirate 40 has a clear plastic tip while the Pulce is metal, and also that the Pirate 40 has a solid trigger guard while the Pulce has a hole in the middle all over the trigger guard.

Both are exactly the same except for these differences.

It is a pirate then. The tip is clear, and I thought both 40's had a solid trigger guard, and it was the 60 or 90 that had a split. Though admittedly I never researched i fully. I caught both of these projects by agreeing to do the molds for someone else and ended up buggered.

So as Kaane has pointed out its the pirate not the pulse.

Account Deactivated
    From
    Spain

But... don't get me wrong. Both Pirate and Pulce are exactly the same in shape and dimensions. If I had money I would for sure buy one of yours. You're the master with moldmaking and resin casts. Your casts are always the cleanest!

I'd be interested in a sidearm and holster.

From
    Kalamazoo, MI

This cast is about a 7 out of 10. Im not happy with the parting line. Its a little thick on the underside. But for $100 I figured I would offer up a 'budget' fet kit of sidearm and holster.

The holster on the other hand, is immaculate. And the rubber is superb.

The guns would prob be 100 shipped, the holsters 110 shipped, 200 for a set. Im going to make a new 'individual piece' mold, like my webleys. I just have to find the time. Soon though. very soon.

From
    Kalamazoo, MI

Edit to first post.

Account Deactivated
    From
    Spain

Sad to hear...

Quoted from TDH's own Code of Conduct ...

Fettpride said:
    TDH "CoC"
    Copying or duplicating, any item, with or without modification, without consent from the license holder, original creator, original artist, trademark holder, or copyright holder IS recasting. Deliberately recasting another member’s creation without consent is not supported by this community.

Account Deactivated
    From
    Spain

I can't see where in that long list you're the license holder of the Nemrod holster, the original creator of the Nemrod hoslter, the original artist of the Nemrod holster, the trademark holder of the Nemrod holster or the copyright holder of the Nemrod holster.

From
    Las Vegas, NV

Stormrider said: View Post
    I had the member contact the admins on TDH about casting it. The response was:

A found part does not fall under recasting rules. Whether original, repaired, or modified. Only original works or original interpretations/sculpts.
    Based on PMs, I believe I know who told you this and that individual 1) is not an admin and 2) even if they were, this is not our stance regarding recasting. We do not allow recasts of other member's work, even if it is from a found part without that member's approval.

I am not sure when or where our stance on this became confused, but for the sake of clarity, let me quote our official position:

Copying or duplicating, any item, with or without modification, without consent from the license holder, original creator, original artist, trademark holder, or copyright holder IS recasting. Deliberately recasting another member’s creation without consent is not supported by this community.
    I am assuming the confusion came from the part which states: "recasting another member’s creation without consent is not supported by this community" and someone took 'creation' to mean original sculpture. This is not the case.

Ive seen copies of my webley float around that I didnt make, and I have seen a few HIC's that have blemishes from my molds in resin,, so I know recasting of cast items happens readily here. The items are found parts. Thats the risk I took making them. And if they can do it better and cheaper than I do, good for them,
    While you may be ok with this type of recasting on a personal level, as a community, we don't support it. If you brought us evidence of a member recasting either your Webley or HiC, we would stop them from actively selling it here and/or at the RPF.

If you see me dissapear, you know why.
    There is no need for you to disappear. There was clearly a misunderstanding due to you being given some bad information and the situation was exacerbated by the previous issues you and FP have had with one another. While I am sure it is frustrating and I know you are out $$$, we can't support you selling these here as they are recasts of Chris' work.

Account Deactivated
    From
    Spain

But has been proven it's a recast of the FP one? Why can't it be a cast of an original Nemrod holster?

KaanE said: View Post
    But has been proven it's a recast of the FP one? Why can't it be a cast of an original Nemrod holster?
    It doesn't surprise me at all that you take this stance

But to answer your question as amiable as possible, there are many "tells" incorporated into my mold/castings that simply cannot
    be replicated by chance. I'm sure you're all too familiar with other individuals touting their "tells" as well. Regardless of this though,
    Mike admitted it publicly and privately.

However, these "tells" weren't incorporated purposely. The original master that Eric (Galactic Bounty Hunter) provided me to make this
    project happen, was in pretty poor condition. In the process, a new master had to be made from a crumbling original. This means,
    there are many areas, that had to be re-sculpted. There is a major "tell" with regard to the nemrod logo which I'm not going to discuss
    openly. Rest assured though, if Mike's casting is measured out to an original, as well as my own .. the evidence can't be "chance".

Mike -

If our rocky history wasn't an issue, there would have been absolutely no reason to spout about it. If it is "no big secret",
    that is because you've not been able to let a dead dog lay. Because I certainly don't talk about you to anyone.
    Slander and defamation is a waste of time.

I attempted to handle this appropriately. I contacted you privately in an attempt to ascertain wether or not it was a
    misunderstanding. I actually gave you the benefit of the doubt in my message to you. Truth be told, I was actually
    trying to help you preserve your reputation by not airing this out on the open forum. YOU did that. All by yourself.
    Just as much as most of the rest of your own drama. For the record, I never said I was going to have you "banned".
    Re-read your PM. I said it was a "ban" offense. Following on the heals of my asking youu to cease and desist in no
    uncertain terms. Art is an individual, and is controlled by no one. No one but himself defines his identity.
    He is the board owner and WILL run this community as HE see's fit. Where as I may "feel" you should
    be banned for your arrogance and callousness in your response to me about this issue (which I'm also not airing out for your benefit),
    the way Art decides on this, I will support him completely. But just so it is clear, misunderstanding or not ...
    your attempts to rally support for yourself by demonizing me is deplorable.

Stormrider said:

I received a holster from a member and it was broken. Made of a pretty ******, seaping hard plastic.

You think you're being clever, maybe even coy. But your comments about the state of the holster you recast are as transparent
    as can be. These are the nasty little underhanded shots you take at me. For you to take a poke at me for that is an indicator of
    your true character. Since you decided to put the quality of my work on public trial or display, I'll address it. Defensively.

The holster casting you recast was a very early experimental casting, before the process was streamlined. It was sold as a "second".
    What "IS" common knowledge, is that there were a handful of these out there that slipped by me. And they were replaced in good
    faith. I'm sorry to burst your bubble Mike, but in this business ... NO ONE is perfect. Not even you.

Chris
    Last edited by fettpride; Apr 22, 2011 at 1:43 PM.