repairing armor?

raven28690

Hunter
how does one go about fixing cracks in armor?

i noticed that the bottom half of my right gauntlet has a crack in it. it is made of sintra.

then i noticed where a stress fracture is starting to develop in my left fiberglass thigh armor. its not cracked or split yet but you can see a very thin line in the front and you can also see it from behind.

would something like jb weld work for both pieces or...??

Last edited by a moderator:
raven28690 said:
what is p-38?

:lol: they don't have P-38 etc over there, its all called Bondo.

With the styrene parts you should fill the crack with super glue and sand flat then araldite a bit or styrene to the back of the repair to take the stress away from the area.

Fibreglass is easy, just build up the back of the fault with a bit more fibreglass.

Here I thought he was talking about a P-38 Space Modulator *in best Marvin Martian Voice I can muster...:D

I have had success with super-glue and bondo to clean up.

thanks for the help guys. (y)

i did a search for p-38 before i asked what it was and that is all google was bringing up (the fighter plane).

if you need to fill/fix a crack, you can first apply superglue and then slowly sprinkle baking soda powder into the glue before it dries. the powder builds up the mass of the glue and when it dries it is sandable. Do it a little bit at a time dircctly onto the piece and builld it up in a couple of layers, allowing it to dry between each application. This worked for me with great results and it's a lot easier than mixing up bondo or FG.

I am convinced that Rednave is really...Richard Dean Anderson A.K.A....MacGuyver.
Good call, if I have any problems, I'll give it a try.

Prymer13 said:
I am convinced that Rednave is really...Richard Dean Anderson A.K.A....MacGuyver.
Good call, if I have any problems, I'll give it a try.

Just call me Mac :D
rdabf.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 19 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back