Subscribe
    Feb 23, 2005, 1:42 PM - Photoshop help #1

I was wondering if anyone can tell me the best way to cut out a silouette in one image to paste it into another image in Adobe Photoshop.
    Feb 23, 2005, 2:51 PM - Re: Photoshop help #2

There are lots of different ways to do it. A quick way would be to use the polygon lasso tool and click a path all the way around your silhouette. Once your path/selection is complete just copy and paste it into a new layer or new document. A slow way would be to use the eraser tool to erase everything around your silhouette. hope that helps.
    Feb 23, 2005, 8:28 PM - Re: Photoshop help #3

You can use the "magic wand" feature, and cut it carefully around it. You will need to paste it into the image like Red said, as a new layer. If the picture that you are cutting from is on a light background, you can blend away the light edges with a eraser and the colour of your ground in which you are pasting it to. I find that if I can blend it into the same colour, it'll not look as "ovious" as a regular cut.

If you need help, feel free to drop me a PM. I just started working with Adobe, but I have a Wacom pad that has more control over smaller areas, than a regular mouse.
  4. Member Since
    Jul 2002
    Feb 24, 2005, 12:47 AM - Re: Photoshop help #4

You can also use the extract tool under the filter menu. Quick mask and a layer mask would also work well, depends on the shape and complexity of the image.