Subscribe
    Dec 8, 2010, 3:12 PM - New Slave I Toy(classic repaint) #1

I actually completed this a couple months ago. But, figured to share. The new Slave I from the Clone Wars toys, you know, the new one that is bigger than the old toy, but doesn't come in the colors it should?! I have a certain, unique hate towards the Clone Wars show...in which, I needed a classic trilogy paint job.

First we started with the green...

Next, did the orangish color, and added the darker gray sections to the top and ramp...

Now, we dirty it up, and add the respectful Boba figure...

2. High Speed Low Drag Fett 4 Real's Avatar
    Dec 8, 2010, 3:32 PM - Re: New Slave I Toy(classic repaint) #2

I SO NEED TO DO THIS...added to list of things to get...I have the OTC one and a few others already, this fine molds and Code 3 are on the list
    Dec 8, 2010, 4:21 PM - Re: New Slave I Toy(classic repaint) #3

YEAH! Anothr CW h4t3r! High-five vode!
    Another thing you can to to mask off is use salt. Brush some water on in the areas where you want to mask, sprinkle salt there, and let it dry. Kosher salt would probably be best for this size. Nice, random jagged edges and it'll even discolor the previous paint a little, more weathering. But it looks nice! The orange is a bit off, but aside from that it looks great. Love it!
  4. High Speed Low Drag Fett 4 Real's Avatar
    Dec 8, 2010, 4:47 PM - Re: New Slave I Toy(classic repaint) #4

It may look right in person bud...camera lighting etc...mess up coloring sometimes
    Dec 8, 2010, 6:48 PM - Re: New Slave I Toy(classic repaint) #5

i should do this 2 i have 2 of em, nice job
    Dec 8, 2010, 9:21 PM - Re: New Slave I Toy(classic repaint) #6

Quote Tankboy said: View Post
    YEAH! Anothr CW h4t3r! High-five vode!
    Another thing you can to to mask off is use salt. Brush some water on in the areas where you want to mask, sprinkle salt there, and let it dry. Kosher salt would probably be best for this size. Nice, random jagged edges and it'll even discolor the previous paint a little, more weathering. But it looks nice!
    /highfive! I may even be doing a little more work on the damage at a later time. I just had to get that thing looking classic before I freaked out about spending that money on a CW item. And to answer a possible question, I traded the Mace, Anakin, R2 unit and Starfighter for some old school vintage. I kept the Boba and Bossk because...well...I had to, I hear everyone wants the Bossk.

The orange is a bit off, but aside from that it looks great. Love it!
    Quote Fett 4 Real said: View Post
    It may look right in person bud...camera lighting etc...mess up coloring sometimes
    F4R has it right, the lighting in the pics/camera makes it look real orange. If you see it in person, it would look near spot on.

I've pretty much called this the Big Slave I, because that is what it is! It is just too good a mold to pass on purchasing. I couldn't run the risk that they may or may not repaint this in Boba colors down the road.
    Dec 8, 2010, 9:32 PM - Re: New Slave I Toy(classic repaint) #7

Wow kandosii it looks great, And its nice to know that there are other people who think the Clone Wars is osik besides Me, Nice job
    Dec 10, 2010, 11:25 AM - Re: New Slave I Toy(classic repaint) #8

Understood on the lighting. My photography skills (and camera) suck so it happens to me all the time. Looks great then!
  9. Member Since
    Dec 2010
    Dec 11, 2010, 5:17 AM - Re: New Slave I Toy(classic repaint) #9

This is awesome! Rumor has it, the new Slave 1 is almost STUDIO SCALE! Has anyone seen it?